[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been reading that a good pair of leather shoes will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 2rI1hRS.jpg (805KB, 1179x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2rI1hRS.jpg
805KB, 1179x1500px
I've been reading that a good pair of leather shoes will last for decades but how frequently they assume you'll be using them?

I'm having a trouble with shoes. I buy one pair that I'll use everyday. I take care of them and after a year they look like new excluding for the fucking soles that have giant holes making me walk practically barefoot.

I don't live in the USA but let's supposed I'm spending $100-250 for a pair that lasts 1.5 years. After 5 years I spent ~$800 on shoes, so if I buy an $800 pair of leather boots will them really last for a decade? Howm many times you can resole a pair? Also how long a sole lasts if I'm using them 5 days a week?
>>
>>10733143

>$100-250 for a pair that lasts 1.5 years.

yeah no

anything with stiched construction is able to be resoled hence the 'if you look after them properly they can last a decade'

you'll be looking at minimum 3 hunna for a pair of decent quality goodyear welt shoes/boots

don't be a poorboi
>>
>>10733244
>$300

not necessarily. you can regularly find red wings on ebay and grailed for sub 200, usually around 150. shit even clarks desert boots have stitched soles and could probably be resoled, and those are even cheaper secondhand as most of us boys have ditched or are currently ditching them. $800 does not guarantee a long life, but if you wanna go for it then most boot nerds will tell you to go for White's boots or Viberg
>>
File: 55555.jpg (26KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
55555.jpg
26KB, 462x462px
Does it look like good leather? Can it be resole?
>>
File: 14368190922431526298444.jpg (4MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
14368190922431526298444.jpg
4MB, 2448x3264px
>>10733244
this, my beater chelseas are stitched and glued, they had a rubber sole but then i changed it to leather sole, best decision ever, they look brand new and i´ve had them for more than two years

>pic related
>>
>>10733850
dude, you will rot away before those soles even get a small hole

shit chelseas tho, the sillhouette is horrible and chunky, get a slimmer pair, it doesnt matter the sole, you can tae them to the cobbler and ask them to resole them in leather and stitch it as i said here >>10733893
>>
>>10733893
A leather sole lasts more than ruber? What about the leather quality? Can you tell from the low res pic if it`s good?

I`m mad that I wasted money on sneakers for so long.
>>
So, are there any types of boots/shoes that cannot be resoled?
I wanna get a pair of boots and it looks like I'll probably be getting some Palladium leather boots, can they be resoled? The toebox makes me think not.
>>
>>10733913
well yeah, the rubber tends to crack right where the foot hinges, near the arc i think, that shit happened a lot with my boots, had to resole them twice due to that then i switched to leather, its way better, some leather soles are revisted with a sustance that prevent the water to fuck up the leather, the worst it will happen is that a hole starts growing in the sole but that really depends on the leather of the sole, mines have thick leather sole with i think barnish for the water, a bit rough but durable as shit, of corse you wont have the same traction as with rubber souls
>>
>>10733946

it's nothing to do with the toebox is about the shoe construction specifically how the sole is attached you fuckin mong
>>
>>10734013
Look 'ere, thundercunt, I know jackshit about how shoes are constructed. Also, the toebox of the boots in question, happens to be part of the sole.
>>
>>10734034
maybe the will have to separate the sole from the toebox wwhen you want them to be resoled but i bet they will just say fuck it and tell you that its impssible to resole without reconstructing the shoe or some shit like that, look for a shoe that has a plain sole that isnt part of the upper body of the shoe

just get Doc Martens, those shits are designed to last generations
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.