[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK! /r9k/ here, and I want to kill myself rn, pls save me /fa/mily.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: JUST.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
FUCK!
/r9k/ here, and I want to kill myself rn, pls save me /fa/mily.

My dad just called me and gave me shit because I dont want anything for christmas and he says that's bullshit and I need to think of things to ask for. Now although I actually do want things, they are all /a/ and /tg/ related and I dont want to act like more of a manchild than my dad already knows I am. I dont want to keep disappointing him. So I need to find clothes to fit my ~style

however, like most robots, I was severely gimped from childhood in many ways. For one, I was fat and still am (~25% bodyfat, down from like 35% in the past two years, and I started building muscle in the past six months thanks to having access to a real gym at college)

My mom also babied me throughout childhood and since she legitimately is autistic she would only buy me baggy clothes. It also doesn't help that I have fucked up proportions like 10 down shoulders and legs that are short as fuck (at abercrombie and fitch I am a medium sweat-pant but a 2XL sweat-shirt is slightly small on my shoulders and fat person gut) So I have an oddly long torso with short legs as a 6'1" guy.

Not to mention since I was always stigmatized for being fat, I never got along with rich kids who wore trendy clothes, so I have a serious aversion to wearing vinyard vines and typical frat/prepy clothing even though my dad's family likes that kind of clothing in particular.

>continued
pls help
>>
Currently I wear XL-T champion T-shirts and Duluth carpenter pants with either nike sneakers or brown boots.
I am 6'1", chubby white guy, with short legs, long torso with huge shoulders, short dark brown hair, and black full-rim glasses (I am also blind as fuck without my glasses)

I have no idea how to find a style for me cause everything looks like shit on me. I read the sticky and it helped me pick better fitting and slightly more stylish clothing but I have no clue what look I should go for because I have pretty bad social anxiety and anything flashy makes me feel self conscious and uncomfortable.

My Dad started pulling the "son it's about time you found a girl, you should really dress more trendy because chicks like that." card on me, and I really don't want to disappoint my dad more than I already know I do.

So all in all, any and all advice you guys have for me is appreciated, I am really panicking and could use a helping hand.
>>
i dont know shit about working out or all that jazz but could you ask for powder or something to assist you in your progress in the gym?

lifting shoes, workout clothes, etc?

if you're genuinely interested in wearing nice clothes, look through the sticky and work from there.
>>
>>10724571
ignore the last part if you've read the sticky my bad.
>>
weights, protein powder, gym stuff
>>
Good on you for making a little progress at the gym anon
Keep it up
>>
>>10724557
Go shiacore
>>
Dude we should play Guilty Gear after school.
>>
>>10724626
too busy failing college, sorry senpai
>>
>>10724557
>Help! I'm a fat slob and it's my parents fault. What should they buy for me?

maybe ask them to get you a Bible and give you a few Xmas beatings. pathetic

As for the style, don't worry about that too much. You don't need to "pick a style". Right now you just need basic clothing that fits. After that, you can start buying more interesting pieces, if that's something you want to do. Right now you need button-down shirts and a pair of jeans, maybe a pair of chinos. Maybe some plain t-shirts. And it should all fit you.

Most importantly, you probably need new shoes. Shoes are the most important part of any fit. If you wear a white t-shirt and medium wash jeans, that fit could be anything from next level fashion to full autism, and it all depends on what you have on your feet.

Take pic related. Judging by the size of the leg, the guy's fat. And the jeans look a bit pleb. But you won't mistake him for a weeaboo slob because weeaboo slobs don't wear Alden shell cordovan shoes. Now I'm not saying this guy has a good fit (we can't know from the shot), but I am saying that the shoes you wear will cast your whole outfit in a certain light. Expensive shoes make your fit look expensive. Cheap shoes make your fit look cheap. Autism shoes ruin almost any outfit completely.

You can decide later if you want to move your wardrobe toward streetwear, or #menswear, or something else. You can develop an opinion about cardigans and sweatshirts and parkas and different kinds of patterns and so on. But you will probably not run out of uses for a pair of jeans or a blue OCBD.
>>
File: example of shoes.jpg (91KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
example of shoes.jpg
91KB, 640x640px
>>10724641
forgot the pic lol
>>
>/r9k/ here

>I want to kill myself

Story checks out.

Also, WHAT THE FUCK is up with these walls of text you write? Are you on stimulants?
>>
>>10724557
Keep working out, don't worry about clothing until you can build a wardrobe that will last you years.

You seem to be making it! Keep up the good work pal.
>>
>>10724641
Thank you sensei, this was the advice I was looking for. I will take it to heart. Also it's not my parents fault, I am a failure all on my own bill.

Button down shirts, well-fitting jeans, and nice shoes it is.
Now if only I could rein in my autism too, but that is probably to much to ask for...
>>
>>10724663
>stimulants
I wish, my autism is completely unmedicated, mostly due to me being a loser and not actually on the spectrum.

The wall of text was cause I was in a panic and did not know what to do about my predicament.

I wake up knowing that I am a piece of shit and every day is a battle to be a little less autistic, but so far I've been losing hard.
>>
>>10724698
wow, you have been on 4chan WAY too long. Time to go somewhere thats buildnig up your self esteem
>>
>>10724557
ask daddy for a gym membership and pistol.
when fail getting fit, shoot self with gun.
>>
>>10724954
>I cant read a thread
>>
>>10724557
>25% bodyfat, down from like 35%

Good for you, anon! Keep going! You'll make it one day.
>>
>>10724557
>My mom also babied me throughout childhood and since she legitimately is autistic she would only buy me baggy clothes
So ask her not to? The easiest part of dressing better is just finding clothes that will fit no matter what they are. Just ask for some cold weather clothes, I'd ask for some slimmer jeans to start, then boots or a parka or something
>>
Go on /r/malefashionadvice, I'm not kidding. The mfa uniform is a really easy look to pull off even if you're fat. I wouldn't go for stuff /fa/ is into.
>>
>>10724557
I'd advise you to ask for some kind of gym/fitness related stuff and get yourself in good shape before you start getting nice clothes - they won't fit you for long if you buy them now and keep working out. That said, if you do want to ask him for clothes, you can't really go wrong with some nice button downs, dark blue slim fitting jeans, and a good pair of desert boots or perhaps oxfords. To be honest, you'd probably be better off checking reddit's mfa, because people here will recommend full rick, slp, and other shit that doesn't suit anyone who isn't a model.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.