[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRAGRANCE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 48

File: le-labo-testers.jpg (68KB, 639x500px) Image search: [Google]
le-labo-testers.jpg
68KB, 639x500px
Last thread 300+ >>10692050
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.parfumo.net/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://surrendertochance.com/
http://theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want.

Helpful info could include sex, price range, climate/season, use (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.
>>
Nothing smells like D&G The One. The smell is pretty unique you just have to deal with the shit projection and longevity
>>
>>10721924
Some other Anons have mentioned wanting an infograph or working on one themselves, so here's a simple survey asking for you recs and favorites to include, and I may get around to making one myself; the most popular scents, meme or not, will be included.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rYnCejBirMpolQ20cUjUFXLI2EPhUcEI6MezwjxJWX8/viewform?usp=send_form
>>
Versace l'homme. I use this but wanna expand a bit, any recommendations?
>>
>>10721929
Male, 20-180$,Autumn and early Winter, daily use ( something not too overpowering), Musk, Eucalyptus, Sea salt, Ginger, Rose petals
>>
>>10722037
Oh, and I believe I've made the responses public if any others want to use them to make an infograph (as I most likely won't go through with it)
>>
>>10722022
How does the EDP work? I have heard some good things about it but can't find it anywhere.
>>
File: 1450215724389.jpg (12KB, 555x368px) Image search: [Google]
1450215724389.jpg
12KB, 555x368px
What's the most interesting perfume you've all smelled?
>>
>>10721929
>>10721929
21, Male, $10-150, Autumn/Winter, daily use. Floral, eucalyptus, citric, something that says "I am very feminine but still like women" or "I am the closest thing to a vampire, would you have a threesome?"
>>
File: perfume2006.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
perfume2006.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
>>10722147

the distilled essence of a pure young girl
>>
is it true that cologne fucks with your pheromones and your ability to attract women via your natural scent?
>>
>>10722147
Russian Tea by Masque Milano

>first ten minutes: spear mint
>2 hours later: Herbal Tea
>6 hours later: Syrup and pancakes

i love it but its different, only use it for snow days when i wear a scarf
>>
>>10722264
in a sense, yes. Everyone has different body chemistry when it comes to scents.

Cool water smells like shit on me, but smells pretty okay on mexicans
>>
Just picked up Lalique White and YSL L'Homme. Did I fuck up?

Also want to pick up CDG Wonderwood if I can find a good deal.
>>
>>10722288
word.
i just asked because I recently picked up Code by Giorgio Armani and I dont want to throw myself off to others. I've gotten compliments on it but should I worry? thoughts on Code?
>>
File: borneo1.jpg (28KB, 595x410px) Image search: [Google]
borneo1.jpg
28KB, 595x410px
>>10722147
my all-time favorite, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834

most dynamic, Le Labo Rose 31
most creative, Slumberhouse Pear & Olive
>>
>>10722264
it's more like your pheromones/body chemistry will alter the fragrance. pheromones are odorless anyway and i can't think of any reason they wouldn't just mix in with perfume and still be detectable subconsciously
>>
>>10722187
Exactly this, suggestions pls
>>
File: T1-OUD-WOOD_OC_50ML_A.jpg (32KB, 1535x1086px) Image search: [Google]
T1-OUD-WOOD_OC_50ML_A.jpg
32KB, 1535x1086px
>>10721929
Anyone wanna help a frag noob out? Just looking for suggestions/starting points to research, not ultimate suggestions:

>sex
M/21
>price range
I'll probably go through frag splits so doesn't really matter that much, cheaper the better
>climate/season & use
I want to say something all-around but I know frags don't work like that. Even if something is suited for all-around use I don't see myself using it daily, just on occasion. Something I could wear casually and something I could wear out would do. I could probably go through splits and get a couple fragrances for warmer and cooler weather.
>notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked
From shaving I know I like less strong, more natural scented stuff. I definitely do not like cologne forward scents, aquatic/clean stuff, and highly sweet stuff. The only fragrance I've tried is some Givenchy Blue Label when I was underage and got samples with deodorant (kek). I do know I like woodsy scents, lavenders, and citrus for the warmer weather.

Sorry if this is broad, shoot me some suggestions.
>>
>>10722103
Heard it doesn't get much better. Still weak.
>>
File: LLLLL.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
LLLLL.gif
2MB, 500x500px
Hey guys, I want to buy a real quality fragrance, since I only have JOOP! Homme, and Nautica Voyage, so I cant decide between Dior Homme Intense, Dior Fahreinheit and The One. I have read that The One is pretty weak, and women dont like Intense. What should buy as a 20Yo student in Germany?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lps7OWAH6Q

this nigga is such a chad i wish i was this confident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7H_P2QIYNo
>>
File: o.31751.jpg (370KB, 1741x1060px) Image search: [Google]
o.31751.jpg
370KB, 1741x1060px
Whats the difference between DHI and DHP ?
>>
But you are not, stop trying suck Jeremys dick you fag.
>>
>>10723256
Women don't like both of these Diors, but The One is the best, I'd definitely get that or la nuit de l'meme
>>
>>10723283
like I said the one AND La nuit, are pretty weak and last not enaugh for me, since I like to go clubbing etc.
What about The one Parfume version? Can anyone compare?
>>
>>10723295
you didn't mention la nuit t.bh
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>10723299
Like I said The one is pretty weak, La nuit is pretty weak too, thats why its not enaugh for me.
>>
>>10723323
>>10723256
where did you mention la nuit here you moronic retard la nuit isn't even similar to the one
go fucking kill yourself retard you deserve no help, go buy some one million
>>
>>10721924
Does anyone have any experience buying stuff off of beautyspin?
>>
>>10723484
yes, it's 100% legit
>>
>>10723327
wow an autistic child, maybe you shoudlgo to /b/ ?
>>
>>10722147
Couldn't single out one, but top contenders would be:
Antaeus
Kouros
Terre d'Hermes
Fahrenheit
Polo

They all have many notes, but are so well blended that you can pick them out at different times, rather than just being a jumbled mess. That keeps me smelling my arm all day when I wear these.
>>
>>10722187
>>10723162
Black Orchid
Body Kouros
Coromandel*
Dior Homme and its flankers
Gucci Pour Homme II
Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
Midnight in Paris
Sycomore*
Ungaro III

*These two Chanel Les Exclusifs are a little over your max, but speaking as someone who generally thinks price has little correlation with quality, these are magnificent and worth every penny. Well worth at least sampling.
>>
>>10723226
Nothing much is coming to mind, but you might try Terre d'Hermes.

I would explore the top 50 and see what grabs you from there: http://www.basenotes.net/bn_todaysscent.php?p=boys&t=alltime
>>
Why do so many people get snobby about Allure Homme Sport Extreme? I've read some reviews and they're all "Uhhh, it's boring, everyone likes it." as if only scents that smell like shit are any good.
>>
>>10723826
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrarian
>>
>>10723754
how long does Fahrenheit lasts?
>>
>>10723781
No worries, thanks for that link I didn't see that.

Instead of Hermes, maybe Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford would be a better suit? According to Fragrantica it should be more woody.

I was also recommended La Nuit de l`Homme Yves Saint Laurent. It would definitely be a scent that fulfills my love for lavender, but I'm worried it's too "masculine".

For some reason I'm heavily attracted to CdG (even though I hate their play heart shit). 2 man, Wonderwood, and their Incense series intrigue me.

What I should do is just order samples of all of the above.
>>
>>10723852
Think you might have replied to the wrong post, but it lasts all day on me. Love it.
>>
>>10723857
I recommended TdH because it's natural smelling, woody and citrusy. GV I'd say is in the same ballpark, but it's more green, while TdH is more earthy. If you like one, you'll probably like the other.

Not as familiar with La Nuit, but you should be able to try it at most stores. If you love lavender, check out Agua Lavanda. The stuff in the big plastic bottle is dirt cheap and smells great. Not great longevity, but cheap enough to douse yourself in repeatedly.

Wonderwood is too powdery/cloying for my tastes, but I like 2 and less so 2 Man.

If you have no stores accessible, then yeah order a bunch and give each several full wearings before making your mind up.
>>
Any websites for getting samples that are in Germany or around? The UK one doesn't ship here and the US ones have high shipping costs.
>>
How does smoking a few cigs a day go together with a fragrance?
>>
File: $_12.jpg (27KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
$_12.jpg
27KB, 375x500px
>>10723951
Hab letzte Woche auch gesucht und die oben genannten verschicken nicht (billig) nach DE.
Habs im endeffekt auf ebay gefunden, aber auch nur mit sehr kleiner Auswahl. Habe The One und DHIntense (heute angekommen) 1ml Proben für 2EUR +90cent Versand bekommen. Viel mehr Proben gibts da aber nicht, musste Glück haben. Such mal nach
kolibri0261 auf ebay, habs von dem Käufer ist seriös.
>>
>>10724044
que
>>
Tried Givenchy Pi today. Smelled like baby powder or diapers or something.
>>
What do you think about the Joop! Products? I can buy them for 20€/125ml so looks cheap
>>
>>10724124
Givenchi Pi Neo smells pretty good, at least on me
>>
>>10723930
Thanks man. I definitely prefer more earthy over more green/fern (although I'm attracted to scents based off of tea).

I'm probably going to scratch off La Nuit. The notes looked good but I've heard it's very sweet and masculine and a "bro" perfume. So I'll pass.

That lavender is interesting but very suited for summer. I think I'm going to pass on the idea of a scent that works daily for summer. I'm more interested in something special to use in the fall to spring and then for summer nights going out on occasion.

Interesting that Wonderwood is powdery, I did not get that impression from descriptions and reviews at all. No where around me carries CdG. I obviously have department stores that carry mainstream/popular frags.
>>
>>10724124
Unless you can find a vintage bottle of Pi I would stay away (unless you just really love it then please, knock yourself out). I'm really interested to try the newly released Pi Extreme though, supposed to be similar with some added leather and woodsy notes, been getting pretty positive reviews
>>
>>10724257
My tastes tend to the mature, but many lavender forward scents just scream "old man" to me, like Caron's 3rd Man and Pour un Homme. Many classic lavender scents use a more soft, powdery kind of lavender, but Agua Lavanda uses the more bracing, sharp kind. The only other lavender based fragrance I have found that I really like is Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée, and that is a good year-rounder.

FG's Wonderwood page has many instances of the word powdery. Not that that's necessarily bad, but it is not an aspect I personally enjoy in my fragrances. Perhaps I am sensitive but it makes my nose feel like I am breathing a cloud of baby powder.
>>
>>10723267
The first is great and the latter is crap. The original is the best.
>>
>>10724257
It isn't really sweet as it is more flowery smell with a bit of a spiciness underneath, it's lavender after all. I have never heard it referred to as a "bro" perfume, that goes more to stuff like 1 million. But as the other guy said, it should be in pretty much any store so take a smell yourself.
>>
File: IMG_20151216_175036_edit.png (138KB, 766x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151216_175036_edit.png
138KB, 766x486px
Woot has Tom Ford Black Orchid on sale for $100. (3.4oz, EDP)

Is this price unusually cheap enough to be worth a blind buy or should I smell it first? I figure if I don't like it I can just resell/use it for Christmas gift-exchange games.

I'm a 23 yo male who loves chocolate/vanilla combos, if that helps
>>
Sauvage is a bit disappointing, i was expecting something more interesting
>>
>>10724619
that's about what you'd pay online at Fragrancenet, etc, so it's not unusually cheap. It isn't part of the Private Blend line so it doesn't retail as high as those ($165 for 100 mL as opposed to the $220 for 50 mL for the latter)

also, i found the patchouli to stand out quite a bit, so much that I think the chocolate/vanilla is secondary. definitely sample if that throws you off.
>>
>>10722310
if youve gotten compliments, dont worry, i mean thats the point right?

i dont like code personally, to me its a really cliche "GUY" scent, but hey, i also just mentioned cool water earlier
>>
>not wearing exclusively essential oils
women swoon over my fucking sandalwood
>>
Looking for my first fragrance here, please help
I'm male, price preferably below 75
I'm looking for something I can best describe as
Smoky, woody, husky, masculine, outdoorsy
Something like that, mostly meant to just smell good on dates
>>
thoughts on Zara's white tag?
>>
>>10721924
What's the best scent for when Han Solo is killed by his son Kylo Ren?
>>
File: francisco rodriguez.jpg (30KB, 300x320px) Image search: [Google]
francisco rodriguez.jpg
30KB, 300x320px
Thoughts on Francisco Rodriguez for Men? I love the notes and reviews but I can't find anywhere that would have it to test.
>>
looked at the review sites.

any anons care to comment on CB I hate perfumes ?

specifically wet pavement
>>
>>10726086
They're pretty much what they say on the bottle. They tend to not last very long.
>>
>>10724427
Thanks. I've been surprised by some very good lavenders I've tried, but I think I'll take it off the list of stuff to look for. Maybe later.

I don't mind powdery undertones but if it is forward and sweet powder I don't like it.

>>10724509
Sounds good. I'll have to go to the department store and smell the main stuff.

I'm still very attracted to CdG scents and I've found a place that you can do a 5 vial sampler set so I think I'll go for that for now.
>>
>>10726086
I wear Winter 1972 and In The Library, in addition to MMM Jazz Club. I haven't checked out Wet Pavement, but in general I'm very happy with the CB stuff I've tried.

Sillage is not as strong on either as it is on Jazz Club, but with In The Library I can still smell it on me fifteen hours after putting it on. Winter 1972 lasts almost as long for me.

I'm always impressed by how much they change. Winter 1972 in particular goes in three strong phases and it's interesting at every point, whereas Jazz Club only slides between strong tobacco and alcohol to sweet vanilla. They really smell unique and if you're just in it to enjoy smelling on yourself you'll probably be very happy.
>>
Can't go wrong with YSLs Nuit but at this point its basically a meme amongst frag communities

Creed's Aventus is also big in frag communities but niche

Personally i've entirely shifted to niche houses, DS & Durga are pretty hit and miss, Byredo is my shit though

Not even tried Le Labo yet but intend to get some samples

2015 has definitely been the year of Oud, will probably be popular in 2016 too but its more of a fall/winter note
>>
>>10724800
Just sandalwood? I dunno man i think well crafted fragrances will always trump individual notes... its like comparing eating a single fresh vegetable to a delicious and complex meal made by a master chef

Yeah sandalwood by itself smells pretty good but its so same-y, no development, no depth
>>
>>10724824
try YSLs La Nuit de l'Hommes... fits the bill, although if you're worried about running to other people sporting the same signature scent then maybe look for "smells like..." type lists on places like fragrantica.

desu the best thing you can do is go smell a load of samples in a fragrance store, take note of what you like, google for other things that smell similar and then get samples and see which you like best.
>>
I'm looking for a fairly cheap fragrance for everyday use. Something aquatic or green would be nice, a fresh smell. Lemony isn't too bad either. Male, mid 20s.
Right now I'm using Nautica Voyage.
>>
>>10726619
I meant citrusy, not lemony. More or less the same thing I guess.
>>
>>10726619
>>10726666
If you haven't yet, make sure you check out Cool Water and 360º Red for Men.
>>
>>10726619
Dior - Eau Savage
Hermes - Terre D'hermes
Guerlain - Vetiver
Azzaro - Chrome
>>
>>10726580
thanks for the advice senpai
>>
>>10726817
Is there a difference between Sauvage and Eau de Sauvage beside the bottle? I know, probably a stupid question.
>>
>>10727109

Yes there is.
>>
>>10721924
whats the consensus on dior fahrenheit?
i really liked it because most fragrances arent lasting long enough nor have something unique on them (hugo boss, chanell sport etc.)
>>
>>10727109
completely different scents
>>
>>10727268>>10727115
wow, way to have confusing naming then, Dior.
>>
>>10727116
It's one of my favorites. Doubt I will ever be without a bottle in my wardrobe.
>>
>>10722147
L'artisan tea for two
Now I'm not entirely sure it's wearable, it's just very close capture of "you and your mates out on the pub smoking."
How this got the name "tea for two" I have no clue
>>
hot as fuck in melbourne cunts. what should I smell like?
>>
What are good online stores for buying bottles, and not just samples?
>>
>>10726032
Bump
>>
>>10724824
I think that Polo Black would do exactly what you're looking for
>>
>>10727980
American?

frangrancex
fragrancenet
beautyencounter
luckyscent (exclusively niche scents, tho)

dealt with each one without any trouble
>>
>>10727808
I love how much australian people say cunt
>>
File: 2143762_fpx.jpg (111KB, 1320x1616px) Image search: [Google]
2143762_fpx.jpg
111KB, 1320x1616px
What's /fa/'s opinion on pic related?

Just bought this at Walgreens for $16. I'm not too sure how long it will last as a deodorant, but I'm testing it now. As a body spray I personally like it. I'm open to other fragrances.

Armani Code, Armani Code Ultimate, and Polo Sport Blue are pretty damn good as well.
>>
where can i buy online (samples and flacons) from mainland EU/Switzerland?
>>
>>10723323
>>10723295
>la nuit is weak

what in the literal fuck. i put on one spray and it projects all day long. i spray it on the back of my neck and i smell it in the front, from 8am- 8pm

you might have got illegitimate la nuit. i can think of tons of negative things to say about la nuit, but weak projection is not one
>>
>>10728512
I have never tried the body spray, but I am just finishing up my vintage mini of the EdT and was reading about the current version, which is apparently excellent and quite close to the original vintage stuff. All that to say: it is a fantastic fragrance, but it is definitely a man's fragrance. And a hell of a bargain to boot.
>>
File: RkzrN68.jpg (51KB, 991x638px) Image search: [Google]
RkzrN68.jpg
51KB, 991x638px
Not sure how well I do, really just beginning with fragrances.

Currently own ;
CK Him
Burberry Weekend

any others that i should get? recently tried out Givenchy Pi so I was contemplating getting that.
>>
>>10722264
Humans don't actually use pheromones, most advertisements regarding them actually sell pig pheromones. We pretty much lack the vomeronasal organ, except for a vestige of its presence. The first poster is right in that different colognes smell differently on certain people, depending on the oils of the skin and sweat levels
>>
>>10728769
Make sure it's old Pi. New formula is pigeon shit. You can tell by the size of the pi logo on the front. Look it up if you're buying pham.

Also, how fucked did Le Male get by it's reformulation anyone? It's held to a high regard and I'm afraid I've actually never sampled it.
>>
>>10727307
Feeling good about my purchase
Now even more,
good taste anon
>>
>>10728812
na man alpha pheromones because of science and shit i saw it on reddit
>>
>>10729184
just because one anon really likes it? top kek
>>
>>10729198
nein
because I ME and an anon likes it
makes two people
try to be less gay and actually contribute even better

state your fucking opinion peacebreaker
>>
>>10729186
You. I like you.
>>
>>10729254
Not wrong m8
>>
Hey guys. I bought myself a small collection and was wondering what else I might need. Most of what I have would only work in cold weather. (Male, 20)

I got Pure Malt, Pure Havane, Midnight in Paris, Chergui, and Aventus.
>>
>>10728892
Current Le Male is a joke, if you can't find a vintage bottle you're better off going with one of the clones (Perry Ellis 360 White, Cuba Gold.) From what I understand Prada Luna Rossa Sport is supposed to be in the same vein, might be worth looking in to. Obviously if money isn't an issue check out Amouage Reflection Man
>>
>>10729221
Other anon here. Actually I recall seeing a stat that it was the best selling fragrance in Europe a few years back, so it's more than just us two. Good taste Europe.
>>
>>10729498
Nice haul. Yes, they do tend toward the colder seasons. PM and PH are built on the same base so as to be practically interchangeable. MiP and Aventus are the only ones I'd consistently wear in the summer, just go easy on the trigger. As someone who wears anything any time if the mood strikes, Chergui is a frag I'd be very wary of wearing in any kind of heat. Over spraying that one is very easy.

That said, all of these tend to the oriental/sweet, so if you wanted to round out your wardrobe, take a spin around the fragrance family wheel in the general info link in the OP and try some warmer weather frags.
>>
File: AJUST_1139033422152ded10d0bd49.jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
AJUST_1139033422152ded10d0bd49.jpg
79KB, 500x500px
Just got this, R8
>>
I'm a girl and I sell fragrances at a department store. Chrome by Azzaro is my favorite cologne. I think it smells amazing.
>>
So how many fragrances do you guys own?
>>
>>10726817
Thankfully, all of those were available at the store I went to. Eau sauvage was my favorite of them, then Chrome, Terre was nice but had an "old guy" vibe and Vetiver was a no.
>>
>>10730527
Around about 10. Of course, I want more though.
>>
>>10721929

-Male
-Under 500
-A few suggestions for diff seasons would work for me
-I'm looking for more of a signature fragrance. Although I am not against the idea of having a
seasonal go to during a certain season and 1
exclusively for events/ galas
-I've only started this search in the last month. Have been finding myself around important people a lot this last month and I'm not used to it and this looks like it won't be slowing down any time soon.
I've been partial to Tom Ford and have a few samples. Not a fan of Hermes. Seems like the kind of fragrance old people wear and i associate it with snobbiness too much.

anything else?
>>
File: nd.15012.jpg (43KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
nd.15012.jpg
43KB, 300x410px
>>10730527
I own a bunch from things I bought a while ago (Polo Black, Ralph Lauren Romance, Lacoste pour homme etc) but have about 7 frags actively in line-up.

similar to this - how do you guys make a lineup? what kind of variety is ideal?

>pic related
just blind bought this and it lives up to everything I expected
>>
>>10730527
Four and about a dozen samples/decants
>>
>>10730106
How do you like it? Wanna try it but haven't gotten around to it, but I usually like neroli.
>>
File: tuscan leather.jpg (94KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
tuscan leather.jpg
94KB, 720x720px
finally, a leather scent that doesn't give me a headache or make me feel nauseated. this stuff is legit
>>
>>10729989
That's the problem though. I find most fresh, citrus, fruity fragrances too boring to buy or wear.

Any recs anons? (20, m, warm to hot weather)
>>
>>10730686
Dior Homme
La Nuit de L'homme
Boss Bottled
Bleu de Chanel
Armani Code

There should be something you like there. Not too unique but good for a signature fragrance.
>>
>>10731738
Lucky for you there are a lot of families other than those and sweet Orientals: chypres, woods, green scents, aromatics, fougères, florals...

I'll agree that most of the really interesting frags are for colder weather, however. Kouros on a hot day is amazing though.
>>
>>10731792
I checked that site and most frags from each category are somewhat uncommon or harder to sample. I wouldn't know what they smell like no matter how long I look at their notes. Not to mention those brands are not available locally to me. Thanks though. Kouros would be a good lead for now.
>>
>>10731947
Yep, that site's examples are silly. Barely recognized any of them myself. Now you explore the families at: http://www.fragrantica.com/groups/
>>
>>10731528
What other leathers have you tried, for comparison?
>>
>>10721929
20 y, male, swedish winter here atm, for an evening with friends or at the bar

I enjoyed 1 Million

Anything from 40 euro to 200 euro
>>
>>10726032
>> Francisco
>>
>>10732017
>Ricardo
>>
File: 343423424.jpg (51KB, 300x443px) Image search: [Google]
343423424.jpg
51KB, 300x443px
Dior Fahrenheit Le Parfum

opinions?
>>
>>10732294
Top stuff. Even better is Fahrenheit Absolute.
>>
>>10732294
High tier, but I dislike the packaging.
>>
>>10732294
Pretty good. The smell is definitely unlike anything I've smelled before. Kinda like fermenting fruits after the spice goes away.
>>
>>10732373
>fermenting fruits after the spice goes away
sounds awful 2bh. don't ever write ad copy
>>
>>10732437
I'm not doing an ad, just describing what it smelled like to me. Specifically it smelled a lot like a German liquor (that I absolutely hate) called Kirschwasser, which tastes like rotting cherries. But the smell of the perfume is nice.
>>
>>10730527
3 but 1 is a 250ml bottle of tv
in the process of determining whether to get a bottle of Tuscan leather or noir de noir
I have the money but i can't make up my mind which one to get
>>
>>10731301
Strong and long lasting, kinda powdery, I haven't tried the original Fahrenheit so I can't compare.
It's definitely something different and I think it's a love hate thing.
>>
>>10730527
pff a lot
but most are gifts and are shit tier
currently only one that i bought myself
>>
>18, male
>mild winter - during the day
>needs to last 6+ hours
>already own Dior Homme Intense, La Nuit de l'Homme and The One

help me out
>>
File: 1430167081083.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1430167081083.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
Should I get Aqua Fahrenheit by Dior? Looks pretty decent. Anyone here tried it? Pls post opinions on it
>>
Michael Jordan Cohen any good? Have an opp to copp cheaply.
>>
>>10733432
* cologne
>>
>>10733432
Anything with a celebrities name on it is usually shit m8.
>>
>>10733432
The reviews on BN are pretty good actually. I also hear good things about MJ Legend. Just put it on my amazon wish list, and maybe I'll get a bite this Xmas.
>>
>>10730527
about 30 bottles and 20 decants
>>
>>10724044
did you know that buying perfum via ebay is to buy a real perfum bottle filled with fake perfum, right?
>>
>>10734076
the majority of ebay sellers sell legit bottles
if you want most of the time you can spend a little extra to buy a sealed package

you wouldnt buy fragrance from a fishy website so why do all ebay sellers get demoted because you got rused from a fishy seller

what fragrance did you try to cop anyways you jew
>>
>>10734090
well, I sold 10 empty bottles in ebay. I think that is not a good idea buy in there.
>>
>>10733886
I've heard Antonio Banderas and David Beckham have some good ones
>>
>>10734076
Shut the fuck up. It's obvious you have know idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>10734353
And Carlos Santana and Paris Hilton. And I own 24 Gold and it is dynamite.
>>
>>10734373
It's pretty weird how consistently good Carlos Santana-branded products are.

I hear his women's shoes line is actually decent.
>>
Is it bad that I don't even give designer frags a chance anymore? I just write anything non-niche off as probably smelling to generic to be worth going out of my way to try and test and spend my money on when there's plenty of more interesting houses I could spend cash on.
>>
>>10722022
this 1000x
the only alternative competitor to the one I've found is viktor&rolf's spice bomb, and that's only for different occasions

the two are incomparably unique and quite the tantalizing delicacies

that being said, V/R's flower bomb is amazing as well
>>
I smelled some Versace shit the other day in a Dillard's, I wrote it down but later fell in a really cold river and lost most of my stuff, including the name of it. Any ideas? I can't go back seeing as I'm a couple hundred miles away at this point.
>>
>>10735016
Describe the smell genius. Or better yet, just go to fragantica and search for the bottle.
>>
>>10735029
Good thinking
>>
>>10734998
It's good for the niche houses.
>>
>>10734998
Not entirely, you are generally right, but I still keep an eye out for designers that have great reputation re: perfume (e.g. Hermes, Chanel, Bvlgari, Guerlain).
>>
>>10734998
>>10735457
>It's better because I spent more
GOOD
O
Y
>>
Could someone post some infographics?
>>
>>10735016
>fell in a really cold river

K
E
K'd
>>
File: OLD.png (2MB, 850x4800px) Image search: [Google]
OLD.png
2MB, 850x4800px
>>10735841
there aren't any good ones; this is the easily best of a shit bunch

some other anons said they are working on new ones of their own, but who knows if they'll actually finish
>>
>>10735486
More like
>It's better because I don't smell like a Nordstom
>>
>>10736042
Especially niche scents are so subjective there's almost no way to make a good infographic on "good scents". Even on this one I absolutely can't stand some of the designer scents.
>>
How come fragrantica doesn't have ratings? How do I know if a frag is good or not?
>>
>>10736158
The got a "love, like, hate" rating system. Look at the ratio.
>>
>>10736042
>1 Million
Stopped reading there
>>
>>10736393
you can't tell me 1mil is not a good fragrance
it will pick up every normie girl on earth
10/10 fragrance for what most people want: to pick up normies
>>
>>10736158
There used to be a rating in the Fragrantica Google results for fragrances, but they removed that for some reason. Still, reviews and the love/like/hate will give a better picture than just ratings alone.
>>
>>10735841

>>10736042
Thank you anon, I was looking for this exact infographic.

>>10736393
>>10736407
Sad thing there aren't many effay grills in my country so even 1 Million works pretty good.
>tfw no qt 3,14 effay girl to listen to post-rock with
>>
Male £20-£60, Winter, clubbing, like Versace Eros, Versace Dreamer & Ck one.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 640x903px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 640x903px
>>10736158
>>10736210
>>10736426
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
>>
What does Vetiver smell like? Want to have some opinions before i take the plunge
>>
File: S107480_XLARGE.jpg (67KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
S107480_XLARGE.jpg
67KB, 512x512px
Got this as a Christmas present not sure what to do with it since I wear Creed Aventus in the summer and Fève Délicieuse pic related
>>
>>10736715
Send it to me.
>>
>>10736696
Very hit or miss. Go in a shop and smell one with high vetiver amounts, like Vetiver by Guerlain. That's better than trying to explain it.
>>
>>10736715
love it
>>
Just bought Burberry London.
I think it can get overpowering very quickly because of the cinnamon note.
How many sprays would you recommend?
I was thinking one in the hair, and one on each forearm.
>>
>>10736696
Read: http://www.fragrantica.com/notes/Vetiver-2.html (You can also just google "What does Vetiver smell like" and some basenotes forums discussions will come up.

Vetiver is incredibly broad and often used as a base note in scents. And for that reason a fragrance with vetiver in it could end up smelling completely different from another fragrance with vetiver in it depending what the other notes are.

"Clean earthy" would be the way to blanket-term it but still, one use of vetiver could smell completely different in another use. Location of the vetiver also matters.

>>10736758
In addition to this, another suggestion is to smell vetiver essential oils to get an idea what it smells alone.
>>
>>10736715
>Fève Délicieuse
How is it? I predict it'll reach meme-status in the coming months.
>>
>>10736883
It's amazing but I only bought a sample of it since its like $400 so I don't know if I will get more or not.
>>
>>10736693
Intuitive AND convenient.
>>
File: cologne_samples.jpg (25KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
cologne_samples.jpg
25KB, 400x308px
>>10724800
Kek that actually reminded me of this: http://www.portlandgeneralstore.com/collections/colognes

Thoughts /fa/? Minimal info on this stuff. Seems like the overpriced hipster of fragrance, but the hipster in me is so attracted to it.
>>
>>10737245
It's pretty good stuff. I know the guys behind the brand and they did start from a genuine interest in crafting nice products. They've been doing it for almost ten years so. The branding and image is super typical mid-2000's heritage hipster type stuff but the products are good.
>>
>>10736696
Some or all of the following qualities depending on the source, extraction and part of plant used: earthy, smoky, grassy, woody. As said, a very wide range.
>>
>>10736789
I usually do three of BL.
>>
>>10736893
>Fève Délicieuse
its $300 for a 250ml
not as expensive as TF but i really want to learn more about this "LA COLLECTION PRIVÉE CHRISTIAN DIOR"
>>
>>10736715
A *designer* scent? Did your flesh burn when you touched it? God, it hurts to even look at the picture...

But seriously, what could possibly give you pause? Wear it if you like it, don't if you don't.
>>
>>10737460
Is it cynical assuming niche scents are often like art, not necessarily good, just waiting for rich idiots to throw their money at them?
>>
>>10737515
I mostly agree. There are certainly some niche scents that are outstanding and worth the price tag to me. I own a few myself. But to think for one second that price=quality is folly and exactly what their marketing departments want you to believe.
>>
>>10737515
I wouldn't be quite that cynical, and I do think many niche houses make higher quality products since fragrance is exclusively their focus, like using natural ingredients vs. synthetic (not necessarily good or bad), and more intensive production methods, and a definite need to stand out from other niche competitors and the designer frags which vastly dominate the market.

Of course, all of that means very little to your actual enjoyment of a fragrance.
>>
File: slices.jpg (50KB, 268x280px) Image search: [Google]
slices.jpg
50KB, 268x280px
Hi,an outsider that stops in /fa/ for the frag threads-thanks for keeping them up! I'm looking for some nice winter colognes. I've been doing oud oils the last few years, almost exclusively. It's been quite an education, as each tree/grove location, type of distillation, ect is unique.
>>10724800 sandalwoods are the same. you can easily find this out yourself by burning sandalwood chips from different vendors.it's also fun on a date. you don't have to do the whole kodo ceremony thing.
>>
>>10738278
Oud fan here too. Have a few samples from agaraura.com. Never burned the chips, though. I recently got a bunch of different Montales, and Aoud Cuir d'Arabie is possibly my favorite as it has a very true oud note few fragrances capture.
>>
File: hkh.jpg (228KB, 1500x956px) Image search: [Google]
hkh.jpg
228KB, 1500x956px
so anyone familiar with YSL's faux niche offerings a la Dior's Collection Privee and Tom Ford Private Blend, the Oriental Collection and Le Vestiaire des Parfums?
>>
>>10738931
I am very familiar with the tfpb and I'm going to sample the door some time this week
I don't think my slp store has any fragrance but I'll stop by and check regardless
>>
>>10739709
lmao autocorrect is great
Dior not door
I haven't sampled about 3 or 4 fragrances from the tfpb and they're all the "woman" fragrances like Santal blush etc
>>
File: bossbottled.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
bossbottled.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
Don't hear Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss being discussed here ever. It's a really subtle fragrance and very affordable too. Also very safe for every occasion and every weather, excluding hot summer.
>>
>>10740068
Well yeah. That sums it up. Not much to discuss, I suppose.
It does get recommended once in a while.
>>
How much money would one spend montlhy if you want to use a fragance on yourself every time you go out? No top tier stuff, though. I mean, the most unexpensive (while still not "wearing" the same cologne every day).
>>
>>10740499
The one I use most often still has about a quarter left of a 100 ml bottle after almost a year. But I'm a basement dweller, so I don't go out that often. If you really put something on you every day, sometimes multiple times on the same day, I guess you'd go through maybe 300-400 ml in a year? Do the math.
>>
>>10723267
one is a proper perfume the other is a cologne, the longevity of the fragrance last about 3-4 times longer with a perfume
>>
>>10740640
Dior Homme Intense and Dior Homme Parfum are both eau de parfum concentration. Perhaps you are thinking of something else?
>>
>>10740499
Not sure exactly what you're getting at, but an average application is ~0.3ml. I'm sure you can do the math from there.
>>
>>10740499
a 50mL bottle should last you about a year of regular use (based on my rate going ~1 mL a week, ymmv ofc)

It'll last a lot longer if you have options
>>
What's the worst niche house and why is it Creed? Literally only 1 good scent (Himalaya btw)
>>
File: 051129c_018.jpg (148KB, 650x813px) Image search: [Google]
051129c_018.jpg
148KB, 650x813px
Who /stealstesters/ here? I walked out with one the other day eazy peazy but I didn't put much thought into it. Want someone with a bit more experience to give tips.
Know any stores where LP are told not to go after tester thefts?
Put up jacket sleave or slip in pocket/bag?

Thanks theifbros
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Is this any good? Im a total fucking noob at fragrances
>>
>>10741526
honestly you should be the one determining that question

in my opinion i quite like it
the sillage isnt as strong as id want and longevity isnt good on my skin, but the fragrance is very pleasant
>>
>>10741202
Oh, I know why it's Creed. Because people actually like the scents and we can't have that in our little exclusive club.
>>
>>10741202
poorboi detected
>>
>>10742002
What are you on about? This thread loves some of the most popular scents out there: La Nuit de L'Homme, Aventus, Tobacco Vanille, to just name a few.
>>
>>10742308
This thread maybe but jesus, never read some reviews on scent websites. There's literally people who rate scents low because they are known and liked by a big amount of people.
That and failed authors trying to write some sort of novel out of their review, basically making it into a 10 paragraph long metaphor about 1930s brooklyn to be interpreted by the reader what that has to do with the scent.
>>
>>10742308
And the ones you named aren't even really the most popular, they're well known among people like here who go out of our way to find good scents, but the average joe going into the department store to find whatever he likes probably doesn't even know what creed and ysl are. They're going to take more normal stuff, your armani, dior, d&g, chanel etc. that everyone has heard about before.
>>
>>10727980

Bump!
Any good onlinestore in germany?
>>
>>10742355
http://www.iparfumerie.de/ is the only one I know of apart from douglas and shit.
>>
>>10742333
lol ysl is literally target-tier
>>
>>10740068
I had this and traded it away. I had other stuff that smelled better.
>>
>>10741426
Don't they have theft stickers?
And how do stores deal with theft anyways? That's pretty risky and you could get got.
>>
Any info on these three?

1. CdG Blue Santal

2. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche

3. Norne Slumberhouse
>>
>>10742379
In what country? Well, I guess USA since you mention Target. It's not nearly as known over here. I certainly have never heard of it before I got into perfume.
>>
>>10742392
I'll add Tom Ford Grey Vetiver to the list even though it's not one I'm able to buy in decant right now
>>
>>10742400
>never heard of Yves Saint Laurent

do you know what board you're on?
>>
>>10742392
not Norne in particular, but Slumberhouse tends to discontinue their scents relatively quickly; each one is virtually a limited edition, though they have a few that have been around for two or three years so far
>>
>>10742634
>before I got into perfume
And honestly, I don't care too much about fashion apart from that. And again, apparently much less known brand in Germany to begin with from what I can tell.
>>
>>10742676
There isn't even a German wikipedia article for YSL (only the person), which is proof enough.
>>
>>10742688
i still doubt the brand is somehow obscure in Germany as Saint Laurent was arguably the most famous designer of the 20th century, recently had two relatively high-profile biopics made about his life, and the fashion house he started (currently known as Saint Laurent Paris after decades known as Yves Saint Laurent) is still highly influential and successful
>>
>>10742724
If google maps is to be believed, there's a whole 3 YSL stores in all of Germany. 2 of them in Berlin and one in Munich.
>>
>>10742764
That's a decent number, as there are twenty total in Europe, spread throughout thirteen countries (likes of the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Sweden and Norway not even having one).
>>
>>10742781
Man, that's really weird. I seriously never heard of them before I watched that Jeremy guy's videos on fragrances. Every other designer that's selling fragrances that you can just go into a douglas store for or whatever I at least heard somewhere, at least in passing, before.
>>
>>10742644
Thanks, a lot of the scents are mixed between love/like/dislike on fragrantica. They seem to have very interesting scents, I'm talking like a 1.5-2ml decant so I'll probably go for it since it's limited.
>>
So is buying from Amazon a bad idea? I always hear conflicting stories ranging from horror stories to "it's legit". I'm assuming if it's sold directly from Amazon or the company itself (Versace, Dior, Creed, etc.) it's legit? I've never purchased from there and only ask because some stuff has a pretty noticeable price difference as anywhere else and obviously that seems suspect. For example Le Male isn't even $50.
>>
la nuit for $37
cop?
>>
>>10742676
>And again, apparently much less known brand in Germany to begin with from what I can tell.

lol you speak out of your ass

you can buy ysl in almost any drogerie shop
they have it in every muller

stop spouting bullshit

>ysl is not so known in germany
my sides
>>
>>10742967
Double and triple check the seller.

>>10742970
Does not sound legit.
>>
>>10743002
What if the seller is literally Amazon? There's still something suspect to me in my head about stuff like YSL L'homme being $50
>>
>>10742967
I buy from amazon all the time. If it comes from amazon or a reputable fragrance seller, it's fine. Even if not, there are seller ratings there just like eBay.

Honestly, outside of street vendors or fly by night online sellers, the odds of getting a fake are slim.
>>
>>10742923
i've only tried Pear+Olive, which is certainly very interesting and creative, though i'm not sure i completely like it and it's a bit too sweet for me anyway. definitely would like to more from them
>>
>>10743021
>there are seller ratings there just like eBay.
you can't always trust seller ratings even if they have a lot of feedback and are 100%
for some items people don't even realize they're getting fakes and not knowing they got a fake one they just leave a positive feedback, i've seen that with watches and perfumes on ebay
>>
>>10741202
Creed green irish tweed smells like the shit my middle school friends used to drench them selves in.

All of those other scents smell like high school and college kid frags

Like the type of kids who keep aqua di dio around
>>
>Gran just gifts me sealed Fahrenheit Summer she had in her cupboard for years

I don't know if I should sell it for some extra cash or use it? Anyone tried it before?
>>
>>10743032
I suppose then you can't trust any store period. There is always a chance of getting a fake. Good thing there are policies in place on amazon and eBay that protect the buyer from such things.
>>
>>10743057
>I suppose then you can't trust any store period.
I didn't say that you fucking idiot
It's not my fault you're incompetent in distiguingishing legit sellers
>>
>>10743014
You think that's particularly cheap? That's what it costs.
>>
>>10743088
That escalated quickly.
>>
Any similar infographics or lists for basic good perfumes for women?
>>
>>10743164
>Any similar infographics or lists for basic good perfumes for women?
lolno. the infographics for men's scents are complete shit, and 2/3 of the posters itt are teens wanting help getting laid (as if a fragrance alone will make that big of a difference)

anyways, here's a list of feminine scents i like:

A Lab On Fire What We Do In Paris Is Secret
Diptyque Tam Dao
Penhaligon's Ostara
Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan
Serge Lutens Datura Noir
Hermes Mandarine Ambree
Tom Ford Private Blend Champaca Absolute
Tom Ford Private Blend Plum Japonais
by Kilian Back to Black
L'Artisan Passage d'Enfer
>>
>>10743026
Definitely go for Jeke/Ore/Norne if you don't like sweet. I've heard Norne smells like a natural forest so Im going to go for it, I just heard back that the decant is only 1-1.5 anyways.
>>
>>10742967
Play it safe and buy from fragrancenet, lilydirect, or beautyencounter, they seem to have the best prices. Frangrancenet has an eBay store as well. Other legit eBay sellers include scentmonkey, foreverlux, perfumeempire, etc.

What fragrance were you looking to buy?
>>
>>10741426
thief tips
check for rfids on the outside, stick them on the bottoms of shelves or snip them, find blind spots to conceal off-camera
desu stealing testers is kinda petty and I wouldn't
just ask for a sample or steal the boxed ones

putting them up your sleeve then transferrring to your pocket or bag is a good bet, try to take out your phone or smth in the same action the keep it less suspicious. don't try this with large bottles. thicker leather jackets work nicely to disguise the size and weight of larger items

if there's no towers between the beauty section and the bathrooms sneak them in their and snip any rfids and walk out
>>
>>10741426
>>10744314
>discussing how to steal luxury items
Stay classy /fa/.
>>
>>10743307
Thanks, m8.
>>
>>10744352
>implying Winona isn't the most effay actress of the past 30 years
>>
File: poster_genealogie_masculin.png (3MB, 3738x2676px) Image search: [Google]
poster_genealogie_masculin.png
3MB, 3738x2676px
So I am wearing Paco Rabanne pH and as an oakmossy fougère, it got me thinking that I'd never smelled actual oakmoss before. That led me to a BN thread, which led me to this pdf which I'd never seen before and thought interesting enough to post here: http://www.leffingwell.com/h%26rfragrance/poster_genealogie_masculin.pdf

I converted it to png and here it is.
>>
>>10745239
And does anyone else have trouble with chypres and fougères? I own or have samples of more than half of the major players (in larger type) on that chart and I still couldn't smell something and say which of the two families it's in.
>>
>>10722234
Perfume
That was a well written, interesting book with one of the worst story lines I've come across. Good book though.
>>
File: lalique-encre-noire-man-ad.jpg (86KB, 650x459px) Image search: [Google]
lalique-encre-noire-man-ad.jpg
86KB, 650x459px
Encre Noire by Lalique

thoughts?
>>
i just bought la nuit

did i get memed
>>
>>10746299
if you blind buy it then yeh. not that it's bad tho

anyone could point me to some good female fragrances advice?
>>
>>10746299
It's good.

Another Yves Saint Laurent question:
What do you guys think of Opium pour homme?
>>
>>10746058
Att first I thought it was terrible. But it grew on me. Might actually cop, although I'm worried that some people might find it not so attractive.
>>
File: p.jpg (156KB, 919x395px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
156KB, 919x395px
thoughts on these?
>>
>>10746407
Opium PH EdP is goat-tier. The EdT is very good.
>>
>>10746548
That's what I heard too. Hence my confusion after I put 2 sprays on a paper and almost lost consciousness from the smell, a friend saying "this smells like something sandnigger bros put on".
Now I've had the paper with me for a while and it starts to grow on me, but waiting around for an hour before leaving the house after you put on your fragrance because it's just way too in your face before that can't be the solution.
>>
>>10736042
What are these sex scents you speak of?
>>
>La Nuit meme

so what do you think /fa/ smells like if it were to become human? La Nuit de l'Homme and....
>>
>>10746569
Etat Libre d'Orange Secretions Magnifique
>>
File: tbe.jpg (53KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
tbe.jpg
53KB, 300x444px
Did anyone tried Trussardi Black Extreme? What do you think about it?

>>10746575
Oh my, I'll blind buy it :^)
>>
File: 1450237891314.png (45KB, 427x393px) Image search: [Google]
1450237891314.png
45KB, 427x393px
does wonderwood have shit longevity or is that just on my skin??
>>
>>10746364
>>anyone could point me to some good female fragrances advice?
http://www.basenotes.net/forums/21-Female-Fragrance-Discussion
>>
>>10746565
There's no oud in it, so I'm not sure what your friend was picking up on.
Fwiw samples on paper take much, much longer to develop than spraying on your skin. But if you don't like the opening, maybe it's just not for you.

Also, keep in mind it's more of a special occasion/date-night kind of deal, not for wearing to the office park on Wednesday morning. So yeah it's a little indulgent but that's the point. It does say opium on the bottle.
>>
>>10746593
Olfactory fatigue kicks in quick for the wood notes that it's made of. Be careful.
>>
>>10721924
What's a good scent to wear to Holiday parties? Anything with a "Christmas-y" feel to them? Work-appropriate and/or casual recommendations welcome.
>>
>>10746776
Always thought Eau des Baux was kinda christmas-y. And it's pretty good.
>>
>>10746776
Burberry London is my default winter holiday fragrance. That or the discontinued Escada Homme. I am thinking about scoring a bottle of Eau Sauvage Parfum for Xmas, A. because it's amazing, but B. because of its prominent myrrh note.
>>
>>10746776
Close as I can find to literal xmas tree smell and still good, but certainly not a definitive list:

Penhaligon's Lothair
Eau Sauvage EDP
Bel Ami Vetiver
Fille En Aguilles

Generally festive & wintery, but not sloppy:

L'instant de Guerlain/Extreme
Oud Wood
Puredistance M
Opium
Jubilation XXV
>>
File: MakeAmericaGreatAgain.png (173KB, 461x450px) Image search: [Google]
MakeAmericaGreatAgain.png
173KB, 461x450px
Thoughts on pic related?
>>
>>10746905
>Eau Sauvage EDP
ES was never released in an EdP concentration, was it??? Have my prayers been answered? Link please! Or did you mean Eau Sauvage Parfum, a different scent? Nice list btw. Good call on JXXV.
>>
>>10747025
Thanks.
Yeah I meant Eau Sauvage Parfum, sorry.
>>
>>10747039
Figured it was too good to be true. ESP is fantastic on its own though.
>>
>>10721924
What is a good fragrance for a freshman in Uni? I want to get grills
>they have said I smell nice
>tfw you have been only using old spice fiji
>tfw you want to step it up a notch.
>>
>>10747230
If you have friends who are women, take them with you to Sephora (or equivalent) and see what they respond to. Also, women are normies who like normie things. They'll respond to Old Spice and anything else that's generic. Try Bleu de Chanel and other popular stuff.
>>
>>10746683
Really? Why specifically wood notes? Even black orchid doesn't fatigue me for hours
>>
>Bleu de chanel EDP
>La nuit
>Fahrenheit 32

current line up, what should i add to the rotation?
>>
File: rochas.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
rochas.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
New to perfume/fragrance at all.

What are some benefits to wearing cologne? Have ya'll noticed different responses from people in your day to day lives (when you wear it that is)?

I've been lifting and getting better fitting clothing, and would be down to add a good cologne, though I don't want to blow a huge amount of money on my first one.

Would something like Rochas Man be good? Pretty cheap, has high reviews, was on that top 100 list that anon posted.
>>
>>10747530
you're the type of guy who tells a girl not to order desert
>>
Choosing between Wonderwood, Wonderoud and Amazingreen. Which do you think is #1? I could honestly barely tell the difference between Wonderwood and Wonderoud at the store I went to.
>>
>>10747564
Lol, does that just mean I'm cheap? I'm not cheap, (well, I'll admit I kind of am) I just only buy expensive things if I'm informed enough on the subject to know I'm not getting ripped off. For example, if I'm paying a lot of money for expensive clothes, it had better be made out of good materials and not be made in China bullshit, regardless of the style.

Also take note that I'm a college student, I don't exactly have loads of dosh lying around
>>
File: dosh.jpg (26KB, 450x429px) Image search: [Google]
dosh.jpg
26KB, 450x429px
>>10747636
>dosh
>>
>>10747655
Dank memein' bruh
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 683x830px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 683x830px
Just copped.
Smells great man.
>>
>>10747859
Which one is that? MK has several frags that are named similarly. I tried and liked Michael for Men, but found it similar enough to Burberry London that I couldn't justify owning both.
>>
>>10747530
Wearing a frag is just like wearing any other item. Some people like it, some don't, and most don't even notice.

If you are looking for a clubbing scent as opposed to a work scent, you could do a lot worse than Rochas Man. It's a sweet gourmand in the same vein as New Haarlem or Michael Jordan Legend. Depending on your workplace, wearing this might be construed like wearing shorts in a formal setting, but if you are gawn oot and you want the girls to go "yum," the price/performance ratio is excellent.
>>
>>10747989
Thanks for the legitimate advice.

I wasn't planning on wearing cologne all the time, just when I'm going out to bars/clubs/festivals/dates, really just anything involving the ladies. From the reviews I'm seeing, and from what you're telling me, it works well in that purpose, so I might give it a shot.
>>
guys im about to blind buy midnight in paris, ferragamo black, and hanae mori him. Is this a bad idea?
>>
File: ALM01T.jpg (134KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
ALM01T.jpg
134KB, 650x432px
What do you guys think about McQueen fragrances? I have Black Nirvana, Flower Bomb, Flora by Gucci, and a celebrity fragrance I got as a gift when I was younger and I want something more interesting.
>>
>>10747971
>>10747971
Michael Kors.
There are 3 versions. The original (Michael) a noticeable reformulation with different packaging (Michael Kors) and a re-release (Michael Kors for men).
I own Burberry London and they smell nothing alike. Have never heard of the comparison either..

>>10748027
MiP is very likable, although feminine. I own the EDP.
>>
>>10747429
I once applied a cedarstorm sample, which has the same notes. It seemed weak after a while, so I tried to layer in some wonderwood, but I could barely even smell that at all, even right after spraying.
Until a couple days later when I'm doing laundry and my hamper is radiating wonderwood because of my undershirt.
>>
>>10748118
>Have never heard of the comparison either..
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Michael-Kors/Michael-for-Men-2417.html
There are six mentions in BN reviews as well.
>>
>>10748027
Haven't smelled the other ones, F Black is good though. It changes between fresh, flowery and manly over the course of wearing it though.
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 750x1334px
Just received this. I think it smells good and natural. What does /fa/ think?
>>
Best ones I've tried
Summer - L'homme / L'eau d'issey
Spring - CH Men
Fall / Winter - Pure Malt
>>
>>10722147
the sweat of a pure eunuch boy
>>
>>10724041
Every person I know who smokes smells like absolute shit even though they wear cologne
>>
Guys, what kind of scent do you like on a girl?
>>
>>10749370
I like heavy stuff, not fresh, fruity crap most wear. Think Angel or Insolence.
>>
>>10749370
wet pussy smell
>>
>>10749370
Un Jardin sur le Nil, but I only date traps.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 375x305px
>>10748772
>6 mentions
>1 person on fragrantica says it reminds them of MK.
>>
I wear Tom Ford Noir mostly

Befor this I was a Dior Homme Intense kind of guy.
>>
>>10749884
>Person A makes statement
>Person B scoffs and says they've never heard of anyone believing statement
>Person A shows several other people who make the same statement
>Person B gives snarky answer
Never change /fa/.
>>
>>10746058
Sport version is a lot better imho.
>>
Can I get some suggestions?

Love:
Loccitane Eau des Baux
Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme
Polo Black

Like:
Prada Amber

Like but headache inducing:
YSL La Nuit

Dislike:
Gourmands
Woods/Ouds
>>
>>10746963
Holy shit if this is even slightly good I'm getting it.
>>
Jesus Christ, Perfumania only ships to US/Canada
what a shitty vendor, fuck them
>>
>>10746544
Red is good summer scent/daytime scent
>>
NEW THREAD

>>10751633
>>10751633
>>10751633

NEW THREAD
>>
File: comfort.png (180KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
comfort.png
180KB, 409x409px
>>10721924
what are the comfiest colognes you own lads?
>>
>>10728604
I've heard bad things about the reformulation of la nuit, such as it being a lot weaker than the original formula. Is it still worth buying?
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.