[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /fa/ hate leather jackets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: leather.jpg (36KB, 656x741px) Image search: [Google]
leather.jpg
36KB, 656x741px
Why does /fa/ hate leather jackets?
>>
>>10692724
Because of Bandido.
>>
Unnecessary cruelty to defenseless animals
>>
/fa/ hivemind
No one is their own person here; If you are right now you won't be for long so take what you can and leave
>>
>>10692724
>brown distressed leather
>greyish t-shirt
>grey-brown pants
fucking awful
>>
>>10692811
>wins millions
>can buy x100 your shitty wishful cops but decides not to because theyre actually shit
>gets all the girls
lmao
>>
>>10692724
Most of this board's users are underage faggots that can't afford leather jackets.
>>
They are masculine and imposing and people here would rather look like asexual skeletons
>>
they can be done well but they can also look really bad. A minimal, classic leather jacket is timeless but context is everything.

average fa hivemind is too poor to afford a nice one or too young to pull one off without looking like they're playing dress up
>>
>>10692724
Beause /fa/ has no last bit of taste when it comes to timeless fashion that looked good in the 50s, the 70s, 80s, 90s and still today.

To be honest: /fa/ is the worst fashion board on this plantet. Sometimes I think that even some mississippi redneck has more fashion sense than most of /fa/
>>
>>10693008
Exactly.

Leather Jackets of all kinds look manly. And manliness is no thing for /fa/.
>>
File: 1440876604746.jpg (299KB, 950x1266px) Image search: [Google]
1440876604746.jpg
299KB, 950x1266px
>>10692724
Not all leather jackets are bad but alot of them make you look like the lead singer of a post grunge band.
>>
>>10694351
Yeah, if you're younger than 25. Leather jackets are for men and mature looking boys.
>>
File: WinkyRicky.gif (297KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
WinkyRicky.gif
297KB, 500x281px
I have one and I love it.
>>
>>10692724

I don't.
The average skinny-fat, teenage, twink on /fa/ is too weak to wear one.
>>
>>10692724
Because the vast, vast, vast, vast, vast, vast majority is too poor to afford a good looking one. Leather jackets are the only garment that look like utter fucking shit until youre willing to spend like 1.5k on one.

A shitty fused blazer can still look on point if you have sculpted body. Shitty jeans look good until you washed them a dozen times. But leather jackets? They simply look like fucking ass unless you spent a fortune. The leather looks bad, the grain looks bad, the cut looks bad, the size of the pieces looks bad and so on.
>>
It isn't, but it's worn pretty bad and played out by the masses. I guess it deters others not to try it out because they feel it can't be pulled off at all.

If you ever watched That '70s Show when Eric Forman wears a leather jacket and everyone made fun of him and called him the Fonz, but when Hyde wore it everyone thought he was badass, it's sort of like that.
>>
>>10692724
>Why does /fa/ hate leather jackets?
>Rick Owens general on the front page

????
>>
>>10695148
is this the newest pasta?
>>
You can pick up really great ones 2nd hand for £300 - which I'd encourage before spending a similar amount on a new one from All Saints, etc.
>>
Cuz the best ones are motorcycle jackets and we are all collectively way too sane to ride one.
>>
>>10694351
holy fuck that guy is beautiful tfw you will never have those aesthetics
>>
Too many leather jackets have an abhorrent overuse of pockets and zippers

Leather jackets that aren't at least top grain (>$700 retail) look like wet tash bags

Also, unless you are devilishly charming and/or handsome (since you're on /fa/ you are neither), or at least have a wardrobe of equivalent esteem and worth, you'll look like a dolt
>>
>>10695148
This, actually. I had black and brown leather jackets, both were ~$200 I'd say. It wasn't until I sold both of those, had some residual income to spend and put $1,100 into a respectable jacket. In my experience, if the place has more than 3 of the same jacket in stock, or doesn't offer payment plans to customers who can't afford to pay that day, then it's probably a shitty jacket.

Fun story of an idiot friend of mine:
>outright douchey guy but loves doing that. Richer than snot from neurosurgeon family
>he decides to buy pic related of all fucking things (not in the scope of my view of a good jacket)
>we head out to a hockey game and he's saying "I'll be the only guy in town with this jacket"
>get to the ticket scanning location
>guy in line in front of us has the same fucking jacket, we're laughing like retards at him
>he threw his in the trash can

A short story of what not to buy
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 509x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 509x560px
>>10696304
Also I'm a retard, forgot to take off my sage name and forgot pic related

My bad guys
>>
>>10692724
Cause they are a bunch of skinny faggots that look like shit wearing anything other than a black blanket.
>>
>>10694347
this
>>
>>10696306
so WT
>>
>>10692724

because 99% of them are cheap shit and/or cut badly
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.