[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRAGRANCE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 59

File: 1985-Drakkar-Noir-Ad.jpg (109KB, 800x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1985-Drakkar-Noir-Ad.jpg
109KB, 800x1063px
Last thread 300+ >>10665606
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.parfumo.net/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://surrendertochance.com/
http://theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
>>10692050
For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want.

Helpful info could include sex, price range, climate/season, use (work/clubbing), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.
>>
So my current rotation is pretty weak. You can't really call it a rotation since very rarely use one other than the first, but so far I got:

>Lanvin Avantgarde (which is what I use)
>Sauvage by Dior (got it as a gift from my mum)
>Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive (have had it forever, bought it when I was young and clueless)

I am now looking to for something not too expensive for the daytime, since all of those don't seem fitting. Nothing too sweet though.

Am a male in my early twenties.

Also, if anyone knows a shop that sells samples online and ships to Germany (preferably is located there, too) please share.
>>
>>10692050
THoughts on Playboy New Yorker cologne?
>>
>>10692002
>>10692017
bottle looks legit as far as i can tell from those pics, looks like mine that was bought in a department store (not that that means too much; can't be too hard to fake them)
>>
Aqua di gio
>>
>>10692083
Very synthetic short lived stuff
>>
>>10692050
White as fuck boi, lf a perfume to use during social gatherings, laid back shit like small house parties.

Cold climate (snowy)

Less than 200$ fo sho

Currently using light blue D&G, have a feeling its basic bitch and would like to differentiate.

When I bought my first perfume I got swarmed by old ladies
>>
>>10692225
>>10692057
I guess I should mention style, pretty clean, kind of preppy Uni style, nothing out of the ordinary, YET
>>
>>10692225
check out pure malt, great performance in the cold, fun, sweet, boozy scent, doesn't skew as juvenile as things like one million and invictus
style is pretty worthless when it comes to fragrance
>>
File: eabl_nestwatch.jpg (43KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
eabl_nestwatch.jpg
43KB, 550x350px
>>10692057
I'm the baby bird /fa/
>>
File: AMens.jpg (30KB, 640x395px) Image search: [Google]
AMens.jpg
30KB, 640x395px
>>10692289
Thanks man
going to the UK this newyears, I'll try to check it out, looks available in Edinburg.

If I could bother you so much, what strenght would you suggest?
>>
>>10692092
Thanks. Does yours have the initial blast of alcohol?
>>
>>10692327
there's only one strength, EDT.
EDT has really great performance, lasts easily 12 hours and projects beyond an arms length for a good portion of that on me.
>>
>>10692330
are you talking about literally milliseconds after spraying?
theres almost 0 EDT designer fragrances that don't have a strong alcohol base immediately after spraying.
>>
>>10692341
More like 10 or 15 minutes of pure alcohol. The smell I'm getting now is really close to the one I remember though. Not sure if a fake would've nailed the smell like this.
>>
>>10692377
10 or 15 minutes is a REALLY long time for it to be smelling like alcohol.
should be gone in 30 seconds or less.
if you think it's legit though, more power to you
>>
>>10692333
well that makes it easy, god bless, thanks for time
>>
File: saint laurent4.jpg (279KB, 800x468px) Image search: [Google]
saint laurent4.jpg
279KB, 800x468px
>>10692394
Yeah, I feel like this would be a bitch to exchange though. Unless someone here sees something that screams fake I guess I'll keep it and learn the lesson to only buy fragrances back at home.
>>
File: IMG_20151207_184601402.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151207_184601402.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
>>10692445
>>10692092 here

my bottle's sticker looks a little different, but I got mine a few years ago
>>
>>10692445
>>10692540

lol mines has the circle sticker, but on the perimeter is text going around in circle that basically states the address of YSL and where it was made.
>>
File: nuits de noho.jpg (37KB, 474x614px) Image search: [Google]
nuits de noho.jpg
37KB, 474x614px
in general, what do you guys trust for buying bottles online? have had a good experience with fragrances from amazon prime but get nervous past there.

pic related. bond no 9 comes at steep discounts on amazon/ebay/other random sites but hard to know what to trust.
>>
Versace l'homme is what I use. Any suggestions for anything similar?
>>
>>10692582

I got to fragranceX, people at Fragranatica also supports that site.

One time, I was cheap and I bought the unboxed version of HeWood and the bottle come off the wood part(it was a tester so it needed to be refilled) im guessing the glue wore off, told customer service and gave me a refund.

Overall, from that one site, I have yet to find a bottle which serials don't match the one in the box. I think they are discounted to a degree is because its from the warehouse and not from the middleman such as a department store.
>>
>>10692598

That is a such good fragrance. It doesn't fit me but I really like it.
>>
>>10692610

also for that site, for the lower "2 star" reviews that you see, those are reviews from the UK/International, its because they get charged for other shipping company and hidden taxes. Since its a US based company, you won't get charged extra besides shipping, which is usually free since its free after $55, and most time, you'll be paying that much anyway. Yes, some if not most cologne get discounted to around that much, say its $80, it may be $60-70 on the site.

So in sense, avoid if ordering internationally, you may end up paying the actually price of the cologne from the shipping and you might as well get it from a department store.
>>
>>10692582
Fragrancex
Fragrancenet
Beautyencounter
Luckyscent (for niches)
>>
File: nd.13630.jpg (73KB, 300x390px) Image search: [Google]
nd.13630.jpg
73KB, 300x390px
I need something that smells like this

Please help
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>10692540
>>10692445
Here's mine, from the last thread, said I'll post it so here you guys go. My sticker goes in a circle but might be a batch thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>10693004
My 3.3 oz bottle as well. Once again the circular text but don't get discouraged.
>>
File: 006_rea.jpg (48KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
006_rea.jpg
48KB, 640x638px
arright so im pretty shit at frangrances wondering if anyone could help me out

starting uni next year and dont want to smell like an autist

looking for something thatll last a while, my last two colognes have literally lasted no more than 2 hours

not looking for generic/popular fragrances, but something that genuinely will smell good for everyday or maybe just going out
>>
>>10693131
YSL La Nuit
D&G The One EDP
Dior Homme
Burberry London
>>
File: item_XL_6496235_3946882.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
item_XL_6496235_3946882.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
I'm thinking of using this for the office, during the winter, and over multiple layers. Does anyone have any experience with this scent? I'm also interested in any alternatives to this scent range.
>>
>>10692050
why are fragrance ads (and fashion in general really) so silly?
>>
>>10692057
looking for a infinite summer (florida), cheap, casual all day & parties / social gatherings, fan of citrus smells, am a man, havent tried any perfumes. im a goofy hippie kid
>>
>>10692377
>>10692377
>10 or 15 minutes of pure alcohol.
Probably not fake, but turned. I just threw away a 10-year old bottle because it smelled like that. I bought it at Macy's and it smelled fine for years.
Lacoste Red if you must know (don't laugh. 2005).

Btw, there was a guy demanding anecdotal evidence of bathroom humidity ruining a scent. That would have been the cause in my case, this never saw sunlight but was in a cabinet next to the shower.
It's probably a combination of humidity and the everyday cycling from cool/dry to hot/humid. Changing the gas/liquid equilibrium temperature and pressure tends to jostle the chemicals and accelerate any reactions.
Also, people usually spray right after a shower. When the perfume comes out, that waterlogged air gets sucked in to replace it. That's how it gets past the sprayer.
Sorry no double-blind study but I did work a few years as an experimental physicist (semiconductors), did more than my share of fucking around with low-temperature liquids, eager to evaporate.
>>
File: dfgbdgb.png (125KB, 319x321px) Image search: [Google]
dfgbdgb.png
125KB, 319x321px
How many sprays of my Eau de Toilette (Terre D'Hermes) should I use, and on which part of my body?

I realize it's probably different for everyone and how much of a scent they want to give off, but surely there has to be something of a guideline or starting point

Currently using 3 sprays on my neck (see red dots in pic related)
>>
>>10692083
Only VIP is good. Maybe London too.
>>
>>10693729
That guy was pure retardation
>>
File: fahrenheit32-dior.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fahrenheit32-dior.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
Did I fuck up?
>>
>>10694055
I don't really like doing so many sprays in the same area. I like to "spread them out" if that's makes sense.
I do a spray
>on my hair
>both forearms
>chest
>>
>>10694281
kek i posted an after-shave

either way it's the same
>>
Looking for my first real fragrance, my fragrance knowledge is next to nothing.

20 year old college brown boi

Want something lowkey to wear to class, casual social gatherings, etc.

Probably ~$150 range but not super strict

Style: relaxed, cozyboi/cvckcore/whatever you wanna call it, i like colors, pic related
>>
>>10692057
Sex:Male
Price:$150-$200
Climate: winter and fall
I work in retail and looking for a fragrance for the winter.In the summer I wear creed aventus so I don't want a fruity smell
>>
File: o.31881.jpg (53KB, 614x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o.31881.jpg
53KB, 614x1000px
>>10694400
Fรจve Dรฉlicieuse
>>
>>10694055
It doesn't really matter where, but a good rule of thumb is 2-5 sprays depending on the fragrance. Try to avoid the front of your neck or face to avoid olfactory fatigue. Personally I do 1-2 on chest, 1 on back of neck and 1 on forearms rubbed between them. TdH's sillage is moderate, so I do 3 total if going to be inside, and 4 total if outside.
>>
>>10694365
something all-season? in that case:

Lalique White
Diptyque Tam Dao
Bvlgari Blv pour homme
Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
Penhaligon's Endymion
Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour homme
>>
What can you say about Lomani? Some of their frags getting pretty good reviews on Fregrantica.
>>
>>10692540
>>10693004
>>10693014

I've checked your numbers on checkcosmetic and the first is from 2010 and the other two from 2014, since mine is from Jan 2013 I guess it's possible the sticker would look different. Thanks guys. I'm going to Stockholm next week and I'll take the bottle with me and check the scent with a friend of mine who uses La Nuit but doesn't smell the alcohol in his. However at this point I'm pretty sure this is legit. I'm getting 16 hours of longevity, doubt a fake would have this.

>>10693729
Thanks! That's interesting. I usually have one fragrance in the cabinet next to the sink and the others I keep it in my room, but that makes sense. I'll probably keep everything out of the bathroom from now on.
>>
>>10692077
What's wrong with Night Dive? I smelled a sample and thought it was pretty good scent for summer.
>>
>>10694281
What did you think?
>>
what fragrance should i get my dad for christmas? he works at a bank. likes forests.
>>
>>10695419
Egoiste
>>
File: nd.770.jpg (61KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
nd.770.jpg
61KB, 300x450px
>>10695419
Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir is good. 88 bucks.
>>
>>10695662
>88 bucks
Bvlgari scents are in the top tier of designer fragrance, but you can definitely find them for much, much cheaper
>>
>>10692050
Hey guys, I was in lecture today wearing Givenchy Gentlemen Only. A few seats away was a guy eating a ripe mandarin. When the two scents combined, I had a mindblowing scentgasm, literally forgot everything else around me.

I've smelled quite a few scents, and I have quite a few meme-edt/edps you guys talk about, but this was the greatest scent thusfar. I know what mandarin perfumes smell like (Gentlemen Only being one of them), and I don't quite find it that mindblowing usually.

Now my questions is: How do I go about mixing this scent myself? If I just order a random mandarin sample, I don't know if I will like it. I don't know how to mix scents in the first place.

So what do I do?
>>
>>10695740
Yeah, I just wrote the sephora price because it's easier but you're right.
>>
>>10695834
maybe the DIY link in OP can help (never looked personally 2bh)
>>
>>10694800
nothing wrong with it, I just think it's nothing special.
>>
File: nd.523[1].jpg (39KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
nd.523[1].jpg
39KB, 300x370px
Bought a 60% full 3.4 oz tester for $35. This is my first Chanel fragrance.
Chanel fragrances aren't even on the grey market either so I got lucky.
>>
File: _8121480.jpg (20KB, 350x537px) Image search: [Google]
_8121480.jpg
20KB, 350x537px
>>10695419
Bottega Veneta Pour Homme, gives off a very 'forest-y' vibe with a strong pine note, also has a mature edge that would suit an older man
>>
>>10695419
L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe
>>
>>10695834
try Demeter and see if they have a mandarin perfume and layer with that; they have a ton of one note fragrances so the odds are good. If they don't have it, maybe a tangerine or blood orange Demeter could work if those exist
>>
>>10695419
L'Occitane en Provence Vetyver.
>>
File: SmileRick.gif (3MB, 500x237px) Image search: [Google]
SmileRick.gif
3MB, 500x237px
Had a conversation with the qt girl who works at L'Artisan Parfumeur down the street. Talking about fragrances, notes and incense.
>>
File: cartier-declaration-d-un-soir.jpg (183KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cartier-declaration-d-un-soir.jpg
183KB, 1000x1000px
Thoughts?
>>
File: PRFM-195846[1].jpg (26KB, 325x285px) Image search: [Google]
PRFM-195846[1].jpg
26KB, 325x285px
Y'all niggas wanna know a secret?

This shit right here

Whenever a girl smells it on me she goes wild, I can't even explain it.

I've even fucked two girls at once thanks to this shit

Try it or don't, it's your call
>>
>>10697387
>L'Artisan Parfumeur
disappointed by this house 2bh, tried a dozen scents from them and, despite sounding interesting, only really liked a few and none enthusiastically (Bois Farine > Noir Exquis > Passage d'Enfer > Fou d'Absinthe). really disliked a couple. some of those i disliked to seem like they would make good candles rather than personal fragrances (especially Traversee du Bosphore), so i'm still sorta interested in those products

what does /frag/ like from them?
>>
>>10697411
I actually really like this, great masculine rose scent, incredibly versatile. Cartier are an underrated house imo, they should be right up there in the top tier of designers.
>>
I'm always surprised how plebby /fa/ is when it comes to perfume houses... such conspicuous consumers! all YSL this, Chanel that.
>>
Order a sample, i wouldn't blind buy it... have you tried oud before? its very distinct but maybe in a way you'll dislike. You're also gonna smell like you've been smoking weed. it might also not be suitable for office use as it has high sillage so you'll be leaving scent trails everywhere and it'll be emanating all around you which isn't ideal for work.
>>
>>10698276
this was meant for
>>10693377
>>
>>10698265
Bitch, the YSL shit is a trend, it'll pass. Second, Chanel rarely gets mentioned here and browse /frag/ all the time.
third, I'm not gonna fuck around with "obscure" houses because I want to impress some autist on 4chan.
>>
>>10698279
don't have to be obscure, just niche. I don't understand going straight to the biggest names when you're the kind of person invested in fashion/style, i'm imagining you don't listen to top 40 radio music either... yes i'm being a little pretentious but everyone here is to a degree.

You don't need to find something incredibly obscure but there's a bunch of well respected niche houses with solid ranges and you're almost guaranteed to never meet another person with the same signature scent.
>>
>>10698279
>YSL shit is a trend
La Nuit de L'Homme was already a meme when i got here years ago, and i don't see it dying anytime soon

>Chanel rarely gets mentioned here
Bleu de Chanel use to get frequently posted as much as Terre d'Hermes. Sycomore, Egoiste, and Allure have a decent rep here.

>not gonna fuck around with "obscure" houses because I want to impress some autist on 4chan
your loss. after awhile, designer scents all sort of smell the same as one another (there are exceptions, of course, and being a niche scent doesn't make it automatically "better" but i find they are more interesting more often then not)
>>
>>10698284
Not like anyone can tell the difference. How many people wear fragrances? Those who do wear cheap shit anyways so the odds of having the scent recognized is low.
But I'm not fucking around with samples from niche houses, also they're not worth the expenses.

>>10698290
>Bleu de Chanel use to get frequently posted as much as Terre d'Hermes
Use to. I don't see it posted much, and I've never seen Allure get posted (it smells great btw)

>your loss. after awhile, designer scents all sort of smell the same as one anothe
True, but I don't buy scents similar to that I already have anyways

>i find they are more interesting more often then not)
I agree
>>
>>10698296
Dunno where you live but here absolutely everyone under 50 uses some kind of fragrance daily, men as much as women, its just a part of daily morning grooming.

If you're wearing 1 million or YSL l'homme or some shit you're absolutely gonna have someone recognize it at some point, probably some chick at a party like 'ooh i like your cologne, its YSL right? my ex wore that!'
>>
>>10698299
>Dunno where you live but here absolutely everyone under 50 uses some kind of fragrance daily, men as much as women, its just a part of daily morning grooming.

Lol no, not here.

>If you're wearing 1 million or YSL l'homme or some shit you're absolutely gonna have someone recognize it at some point, probably some chick at a party like 'ooh i like your cologne, its YSL right? my ex wore that!'
I've heard it can happen with AdG but that's never happened to me
>>
>>10698304
Out of curiosity, where do you live? i've been to half a dozen countries in europe and it seems the same everywhere - usually the main problem concerning odor is that people reek of over-using cologne/perfume. Tends to be that people start using it as they enter their teens, much like hair product. There are the odd people who don't use anything beyond deodorant underarm spray but those are the same as those who never use hair products.

If I go on a night out i'm gonna be smelling a jean paul gaultier here and a marc jacobs there and countless others ive smelled on other people but cant put a name to.
>>
>>10698314
>Out of curiosity, where do you live? i've been to half a dozen countries in europe and it seems the same everywhere
Kinda had a feeling you were a Yuro.

I live in the US, GA to be specific. Fragrances aren't the most popular here in America
>>
I think it's pointless to recommend niche to someone who doesn't even know what designer fragrances can offer. Most people who come here are clueless.
>>
>>10698325
huh interesting, had no idea! i just assumed the usa would be all over that. most of the people used in perfume advertising are american celebrities and all... i spose thinking about it now, most designer perfume houses are from like italy and whatnot
>>
>>10698325
Ah yes, the American South: where anything more than the bare minimum of personal hygiene and grooming is considered gay as fuck
>>
Would you wear eau de toilette to college every day, /fa/?
>>
>>10698359
Yeah, I change it up too.
>>
>>10698359
I do.
>>
>>10698359
>>10698364
me too.
>>
>>10698265
Yes. Fight the slob-culture of college.
>>
>>10698359
Yes, but imo keep it close, try not to project more than 2-3 feet and don't have a super-strong sillage

overapplying in settings like school and work is a major faux pas
>>
Best meme fragances for a female 24 yo no experience in fragances
>>
>>10698454
the closest this general has to a "meme" that women can pull off is Hermes Un Jardin Sur la Nil, not nearly mentioned enough to be a true meme tho

as for an irl meme, i don't know. a lot of women where i live just wear cheap Victoria's Secret body sprays most of the time. maybe Daisy by Marc Jacobs or other Marc Jacobs fragrances? those seem pretty popular among pleb girls
>>
>>10698454
First that come to mind is

Guerlain Shalimar
V&R Flowerbomb
D&G Light Blue
Lancome La Vie Est Belle
Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet
Thierry Mugler Angel
Viva La Juicy Gold Couture
Lancome Tresor La Nuit

You didn't specify what you like so it is very hard to recommend. Test em.
>>
>>10694789
Three main fragrance places in Stockholm for you to check out:

ร…hlรฉns Doft (mainly mainstream frags, and some luxury stuff (Armani Privรฉ))

NK Doft (mainstream frags, luxury stuff (Guerlain for example), a lot's of more niched things like CdG)

Cow Parfymeri (mostly niched frags - see website)
>>
>>10697411
really good stuff, not mentioned often, but this is the next bottle I'll buy.

I own La meme de l'homme and London already...
>>
Does anyone have a bottle of Burberry Brit they want to swap?
>>
>>10698900
My favourite house is from stockholm - byredo! a bit pricy but very unique smells. Planning on picking up some Oud Immortel in the next few months.
>>
How important do you think scent is in attraction?
>>
>>10698972
Nothing better than when you hook up with a qt and your clothes smell like her the day after
>>
>>10699064
>tfw you bought your ex's fragrance so you can smell before sleeping
>>
>>10699150
that's kinda sad.
>>
>>10699151
i know. i wouldn't say this in public.

>>10698972
it's one the things that you associate to the person so a good smell is definitely something important to me.
>>
File: 1445937313236.jpg (7KB, 198x179px) Image search: [Google]
1445937313236.jpg
7KB, 198x179px
What's a true cozy scent? Something where if you smell it you just want to get really comfy and rest while you smell it
>>
File: oud-imm.jpg (1MB, 968x1291px) Image search: [Google]
oud-imm.jpg
1MB, 968x1291px
>>10698945
I have that sample, haha! Oud is a lovely note, but I think that it's used better by CdG/Armani/TF.

Byredo does have some interesting products. Particularly M/Mink, but I consider that to be more of an smelling experience rather than a wearable fragrance. Quite potent.

The only fragrance from them I've found wearable is Mojave Ghost - lovely fruity scent.

The thing about them is that I hyped them quite a lot when I first discovered them, but after I had talked to one of the key fragrance nerds @ Byredo - I wasn't as enthusiastic. The thing was that not even he liked the fragrances that much.

Their fragrances rarely smell like those of other brands - but I think that there's something missing in almost every fragrance that could make it smell... memorable. I can only clearly remember four or five scents, even though I've tried them all.

Which ones have you tried?
>>
>>10699224
Gucci Pour Homme II
>>
>>10699224
that is subjective.
>>
>>10692582
fragrancenet for bond
>>
>>10699365
no shit sherlock, he's clearly asking for opinions
>>
>>10699348
I tried it and it had a kool aid note on my skin. Dry down was okay.

>>10699224
The Chanel Allure Homme I'm wearing right now is cozy as fuck. It changes from sweet to woody to woody to citrusy. Makes me want to lie down and cuddle
>>
>>10699224
Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan
Diptyque Eau Duelle
Le Labo Labdanum 18
>>
>>10698153
I own and love Tea for Two, one of my favorite tea based scents. Premier Figuier is a summer favorite. Fou d'Absinthe is interesting, but can't decide if it's full bottle worthy yet. Mรปre et Musc has a yummy jam note in it and La Chasse Aux Papillons is a wonderful floral. I got a bottle of Jour de Fรชte in an awesome Craigslist bundle deal, but can't see myself ever wearing it.

Bottom line, I think they have some very good scents that are in the more affordable range for a niche house, but I can't say I am passionate about any of their offerings either.
>>
>>10698265
I have found very few niche scents that wow me as much as ร‰goรฏste, Kouros and Antaeus do. I'd say it is more plebby to judge a fragrance by its price tag.
>>
>>10698454
Not sure about meme, but Coromandel is amazing.
>>
>>10699224
First thing that came to mind was Coromandel, actually.
>>
>>10699690
b-but that's how you know it's good!
>>
>>10699978
only a few niches are actually way more expensive than designer scents: Amouage, Xerjoff, Creed, Tom Ford Private Blend, etc., and most of the time its because they are also luxury brands and, e.g., come in crystal bottles

you can find stuff by Diptyque, Serge Lutens, L'Artisan, Etat Libre d'Orange, many others for less than $100
>>
>>10696818
sorry for dumbass question but what's the grey market?
>>
File: tell me more tell me more.jpg (23KB, 529x200px) Image search: [Google]
tell me more tell me more.jpg
23KB, 529x200px
Best cologne for summer nights?
>>
>>10700603
now I need to listen to that song.
>>
>>10693715

Nautica Voyage
Versace man eau fraiche
>>
>>10698153
I have Poivre Piquant. The black pepper and honey scents are really nice.
>>
>>10700625

while you're listening to Grease songs why not take in a Chanel film (ad)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8asRWe5XNw8

p sweet cover too.
>>
>>10700710
eh, I don't really like that trend atm where they take old(ish) pop songs and completely change the tone of it. It can be nice when done right, but they mostly follow the same patterns.

Thanks for posting though, I hadn't seen that before.
>>
>>10700433

"grey market" products often rely upon distribution channels not necessarily intended or condoned by the manufacturers. For example, a fragrance intended for a middle eastern market (for example) is purchased in bulk (at a lower wholesale price) by an American retailer, then resold in the American market at a discount. Some of the savings are passed on to customers.

Chanel doesn't have Grey Market fragrances, they keep a super tight grip on their distribution and they think it would hurt their image of the high end company if they'd sell their overstock to online discounters like other houses do. So they destroy their fragrances remaining unsold.
>>
Sex: female
Current fragrance: CK One (unisex). Top notes of bergamot/citrus and heart notes of green tea. I've been wearing it for the last 5 years.
Looking for: something similar to the one listed above (not too feminine, but definitely not masculine) but more suited for formal events/nights out.
Additionally, I feel seriously conflicted about women's fragrances. I generally stay away from the too feminine ones because I find them too sweet/floral for me (if don't think they match my personality, is that a thing?) but I like them on other girls. There's this one called Alien that in my opinion smells like baby prostitute but when a well dressed girl wears it I feel like they pull it off. I tried wearing more feminine fragrances before but I feel like they don't suit me the slightest. I'd like to try more feminine fragrances, preferably ones that won't scare me off.
>>
>>10701095
Looking for something for winter/fall and also summer/spring, forgot to mention.
>>
File: IMG_20151208_180936.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_180936.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>10692050
did i do good /fa/,i love them,the darker one is la nuit de l'homme both for 80 eur,the dsquared one is 30ml
>>
>>10701335
I prefer Rocky Mountain Wood but He Wood is good too. Where did you get both for 80?
>>
>>10701335
>Gel Douche
>>
>>10701355
in italy,they did 25% on a 100 eur shop,also i fucking love la nuit de l'homme
>>
File: 1385569445446.jpg (7KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
1385569445446.jpg
7KB, 250x225px
/fa/ how do I deal with sweat?

I still smell sweaty even barely into the day after I shower. maybe just shit anti persp or I need some of that anti bacterial soap or something else.

Regardless, I could use some suggestions
>>
Is there a poorfag infographic or something like it?
>>
>>10701390
I may do one when I get home if there isn't.
>>
File: 23941488.jpg (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
23941488.jpg
30KB, 480x480px
candles and incense, anyone?

got this and that brand's Midnight Amber & Cedar from Target. very good for relatively cheap stuff while I save up for some niche shit
>>
>>10701379
i have the same issue... putting a few drops of eau de toilette under arm does the trick. make sure to towel dry armpit first, though
>>
>>10701379
>anti bacterial soap

that'll help as B.O. is mainly caused by bacterial waste product, but the deodorant itself is supposed to kill or inhibit that, not just cover it up
>>
File: 618620399855039689.jpg (166KB, 1600x1174px) Image search: [Google]
618620399855039689.jpg
166KB, 1600x1174px
>>10701095
Try some of Hermes' unisex/women frags, sounds like those might be right up your alley.
>>
File: o.31225.jpg (175KB, 800x708px) Image search: [Google]
o.31225.jpg
175KB, 800x708px
yeah or nah?
>>
>>10701395
Should we take a survey of favorite scents under $50 or something? I know some Anon was doing similar (ignored price tho) with Google sheets, but I lost the link.
>>
Hello, /fa/, I need your help.
I'm looking for a fragrance for my girlfriend as a Christmas gift. It's not something I would normally buy for a person, but she specifically requested it.
She's 21, works in an office, and said she likes, "Soft smells, not too sweet. Like baby powder."
Can anyone offer some good suggestions? I was thinking a soft floral would do the trick.
My spending limit is $80ish.
>>
>>10702106
i was going to do one with the most obvious one but sure, that's a good idea. any website that allows do simple surveys like that?
>>
>>10693377
It's pretty good up until the drydown comes through, which smells aweful.. I've tried lots from Nasomatto and I found Pardon to be the best in their collection.
>>
>>10702295
Google Forms, probably. Should ask to include prices and the store/website that price came from
>>
>>10702264
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Demeter-Fragrance/Baby-Powder-7776.html
>>
>>10702523
/fa/ggots pls
>>
>>10702523
Demeter is gimmicky bullshit

Could be fun to layer with tho, or combine with each other
>>
>>10702106
>under $50
Retail? That's going to be tough. I mean stuff like YSL L'Homme and Acqua Di Gio retail for $60+ and that's about as low as you can go before getting into celeb scents and drugstore/Wal-Mart tier frags
>>
>>10702543
Chanel - Chanel Nยฐ5 Eau Premiere
Comme des Garรงons - 2
Comme des Garรงons - Sherbet: Cinnamon, Rhubarb, Peppermint
Bvlgari - Voile de Jasmin
>>
>>10702656
Thanks, family.
>>
>>10701335
meme af/10
>>
>>10702264
if she wants something real cheap i know gwen stefani's baby smells like baby powder.
>>
>>10703241
by real cheap i mean compared to the more expensive designer houses or niche fragrances.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 400x226px
Haha
>>
>>10703581

I actually had a bottle of this and majority of girls actually liked it.

I got sick of the smell of it eventually and moved on.
>>
File: 1434113883048.jpg (384KB, 1346x991px) Image search: [Google]
1434113883048.jpg
384KB, 1346x991px
>>10692050
of some curiosity: Fragrantica's Best of 2015

>Editors (includes their photos for some mild lels, Eugeniya is super qt tho)
http://www.fragrantica.com/news/FRAGRANTICA-Editors-Favorites-of-2015-7337.html

>Readers (pic related)
http://www.fragrantica.com/news/BEST-PERFUMES-of-2015-7336.html
>>
>>10703590

Why does the first guy claim Rochas Man is discontinued? wtf?
>>
>>10703590

Describing fragrances with

>intellectual

jesus christ
>>
Can cologne go bad? I swear my bottle of Rocky Mountain Wood doesn't smell half as good as it used to.
>>
>>10703768

yes

do not store near heat or light

bathrooms get hot when you shower and are not good.
>>
>>10703813

Should I keep my cologne in the fridge?
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (31KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
31KB, 560x560px
>>10703941
>>
File: 1440010464053.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1440010464053.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>10703590
>http://www.fragrantica.com/news/BEST-PERFUMES-of-2015-7336.html

>overall most popular for 2015 (from any year)
>says they were the same from 2014
>La Nuit de L'Homme
>Tobacco Vanille
>Aventus
>>
>>10704344
the ride never ends
>>
Any suggestions?

Sex: Female
Price: up to 40$
Climate: any
Preferable make: any underground manufacture will be a +
Scent: She likes flowers and fragrances in pink sweet colours, but it is ofc not a must.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 400x249px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 400x249px
Haha
>>
File: Picture_1564646.png (64KB, 251x301px) Image search: [Google]
Picture_1564646.png
64KB, 251x301px
>>10692050
recommend this to u OP
>>
>>10704919
look up TokyoMilk

pretty hit or miss, and they tend to be a bit linear, but their Dark line is solid. I like La Vie La Mort best of what I've tried.
>>
File: 612-Group.jpg (171KB, 771x438px) Image search: [Google]
612-Group.jpg
171KB, 771x438px
http://cbihateperfume.com/shop/perfumes-a-to-z/612/

Was thinking about buying some of this

What do you think?
>>
>>10704344

every time i see tobacco vanille being metioned i want to know whether they bought a bottle (50ml+) or a 4ml sample
same for aventus but its cheaper so that doesnt matter as much
>>
>>10703941
Just in the dark away from heat, fridge is overkill and may hurt it, I don't know
>>
>>10703590
>>10704344
this just confirms that Dan visits /frag/
>>
>>10692077
anyone?
>>
>>10706801
some options:
Spring/Summer: Lalique pour homme Lion
Fall/Winter: L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme
Year-round: Bvlgari Blv pour homme

these are fairly cheap, ~30~50 USD online. retail is going to be more expensive ofc
>>
>>10706816
thanks a lot man, I'll look into those.
>>
>>10693729
>eager to evaporate.
hehe
>>
>>10698326
as a newbie, +1
>>
>>10705826
>tobacco vanille
are tom ford private blends considered some of the most expensive? not worth it? i bought one as my first fragrance, idk what prices are supposed to be for fragrances even
>>
>>10705451
>TokyoMilk
Looks great, but they ship only to US. Do you know anything else I can buy in Europe?
>>
>>10701012
oh, okay. that's interesting. thanks for explaining :)
>>
>>10706842
definitely, using retail prices and generally speaking:

mid-level designers (e.g., YSL, Bvlgari) start out at about 60 USD
entry-level niche and high-end designer (e.g., Hermes, Chanel): ~90-120 USD
mid-level niche and "exclusive" designer lines (e.g. Dior's Privee line): ~140-200 USD
luxury niche and designer scents (e.g., Amouage, Tom Ford Private Blend): ~220 USD+
>>
File: nd.11771.jpg (73KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
nd.11771.jpg
73KB, 300x364px
Godolphin is amazing
>>
>>10706842
TF probably is the most expensive aside from some weird bullshit frags like Christian Clive that costs 900

I wouldn't say the whole collection is good but as everyone has different tastes I'm sure the ones I don't like others love. Definitely the best fragrances I've ever used but their summer fragrances are quite lacking
>>
>>10692077
Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
>>
How'd you guys start testing scents? Did you buy samples or just whole bottles and return them when you don't like them? Also did you guys get them in person at stores or the online websites in the top post?
>>
>>10708678
Most perfume shops have little papers you can spray perfume on and smell.
>>
>>10708687
Any good perfume shops that are common? Or am I stuck to Macy's and Nordstrom?
>>
>>10708725
Sephora. Mine has one inside a JC Penny. Also any department store like Dillards, Belks, etc.
>>
>>10692057
Male in last year high school, price around 80-150 USD, winter, casual wear. Could i plz get some suggestions for great Sporty and masculine (emphasis on masculine) scents, hate super-strong perfumes but it has to be noticable, i really like wood!
>>
File: IMG_9795.jpg (197KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9795.jpg
197KB, 1600x1200px
Is this any good? Or just a meme? I need some recs please. Budget is not an issue but obviously nothing too expensive.
>>
>>10709118
It's good, but realize that Le Labo is really fucking expensive.
>>
>>10709118
yes absolutely. mostly woody/musky with a slight bit of natural rose. would highly recommend trying a sample from le labo if you're interested - $6 with free shipping
>>
File: 2-colonia-leather-100ml1.jpg (253KB, 1980x1885px) Image search: [Google]
2-colonia-leather-100ml1.jpg
253KB, 1980x1885px
My new favourite thing. Can't get enough of it.
>>
File: wardrobe.png (59KB, 427x518px) Image search: [Google]
wardrobe.png
59KB, 427x518px
Going to a party at a restaurant. I'm thinking of just wearing L'Homme since it doesn't project much

What do you all think? It's night and about 57 F/14 C
>>
>>10709472
I really want to like leather or colonia oud, but after one hour they make my head hurt

Kinda want a frag from AdP that is strong as those but sweet
>>
>>10709542
Yeah, I get that, too, from Colonia Leather. Decent scent otherwise.

Try Colonia Intensa and Ginepro Di Sardegna if you haven't already
>>
>>10709118
If you like rose, definitely. I think the rose is more pronounced than >>10709237 implies, and there is a bit of a spiciness, too, for the first 3-4 hours, and then it starts to get into that woody/musky/vetiver phase. Probably the most dynamic scent I've tried. Such a shame for me personally that I don't care for rose.
>>
>>10709118
>>10709782
Oh, and if you decide to buy a sample first from Le Labo, I suggest checking out Labdanum 18, Vetiver 46, Iris 39, Thรฉ Noir 29, and Oud 27 (divisive, as oud is, but worth it to experience). Santal 33 is probably Le Labo's second or third most popular scent after Rose 31, so maybe check that, too (though I don't like it at all, but others here do love it)
>>
>>10708678
I usually buy samples if I can, 1 mL can last about a week and that's plenty of time to make your mind up about a scent, and some anons here have said they've had success getting free samples by asking salespeople.

Just smelling in store is fine, but you don't really spend much time with the scent and don't smell it on your skin, or you are limited to just one if you spray yourself but at least you get a day with it.
>>
/fa/ which cologne of yours have grills liked the most? Compliments etc
Or do you not interact with other humans
>>
>>10709960
Honestly, the one that got the most compliments was the one that'd be considered the most bland on here: YSL L'Homme.

(Keep in mind that is oftentimes my evening scent, so it may merely be a result of me wearing it on dates a lot)
>>
File: image.jpg (196KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 1000x1000px
My dad wears both YSL l'homme and l'homme libre. I took one of his bottles. I don't alike strong smells and he works in a hospital so it's not too strong.
>>
>>10709994
how is l'homme libre? i'm not a huge fan of the original l'homme, but reading up on libre has got me interested.
>>
>>10710020
I'll have to smell it again to be able to describe it properly. It's a soft smell, the smell lasts for a long time but isn't strong at all. It's a fresh clean smell, nothing too fruity or musky.
>>
>>10709222
>>10709237
>>10709808
>>10709782
Thanks lads. Is it something I could wear all hear round? If not when is it more prominent to use?
>>
>>10692057
Male
19 years old
Cold climate
Havent tried any parfums yet
I want something that doesnt smell too sharp or too fruity, it can be a bit but not too much. Also something that doesnt smell like the regular nivea deodorant.
If possible low price
>>
>>10696911
i'll second this
>>
>>10699224
chloe
>>
>>10709765
>>10709542
some xenoestrogens
watch out, boys
>>
File: LLLLL.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
LLLLL.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>10692050
Hey Guys, I gonna test Dior Homme Intense, Dior Homme Fahreinheit, Channel The One and YLS Lanuit de homme, can you tell me if 1ml is enaugh or do I need to buy more for a sample
>>
I've seen a couple of people sprayinng in the air and running through the fragnance shower.

Is this just retarded og does it actually add a decent amount of smell?
>>
>>10710801
Like other anon said in the thread, 1ml will give you roughly one week of use. More than enough to decide if you like them.
>>
>>10710508
I'd consider Rose 31 is a year-round scent. On real sweltering summer days, use your discretion but it should still work, I think, and it might be on the edge of being too light for really cold days but it's not like you are going to be spending a lot of time outdoors then anyway
>>
>>10709960
Aventus has gotten me the most compliments when I had a sample, but I personally got tired of it. I started wearing L'Instant de Guerlain as my everyday scent to work, and while I didn't get any comments for awhile, a co-worker, who I hardly talk to, walked past me and said, "Anon, you are my favorite smell." Odd phrasing aside, that was nice, but tbqh I don't care about getting compliments at all.

>>10711329
it's fucking retarded
>>
File: nd.1681.jpg (54KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
nd.1681.jpg
54KB, 300x419px
wow, this is seriously good. Why didn't i try this earlier
>>
>>10711364
AdP Colonia and its flankers is the best line of citrus scents bar none
>>
so what is /fa/'s general consensus on D&G The One, and would it suit someone going to uni their first year?
>>
when I was 17 I bought a bottle of Gucci Guilty and I still use it, should I stop doing this? It has kind of started smelling like some Abercrombie type shit
>>
>>10711665
I have it. It's short lived and doesn't project but smells great. It's best for cold weather though.
> would it suit someone going to uni their first year?
Depends on your look desu, but you can wear anything
>>
File: 148de13a242f89e1.jpg (290KB, 1235x1700px) Image search: [Google]
148de13a242f89e1.jpg
290KB, 1235x1700px
>>10711712
Hey, /fa/
I will buy my first good tier parfume (had joop! nautica voyage), I cant decide between Dior Homme Intense, Fahreinheit and The One.
Im 1,81m, 20 Years old, Short "boxer" like Hair, Student. Brown Hair and Eyes. What you guys think will suit me the best?
>>
>>10711851
Dior Homme Intense (but really, get regular Dior Homme instead)
>>
File: 34d1446b75f2dca7.jpg (680KB, 3456x1944px) Image search: [Google]
34d1446b75f2dca7.jpg
680KB, 3456x1944px
>>10711916
I've heared the normal one, lasts not very long and since i am going often to clubs etc, I need a very long lasting fragrance.
>>
>>10712080
Dior Homme has great performance, and it's the new reformulated version which most have been bitching about (can't imagine what the original was like, maybe sorta like the notorious sillage-bomb 80s Drakkar Noir was).
>>
File: 1427912497385.jpg (96KB, 374x393px) Image search: [Google]
1427912497385.jpg
96KB, 374x393px
>>10712130
tfw I just got Dior Homme for myself for christmas and it turns out it was produced in september this year
>>
>>10712149
why is it bad?
>>
Didn't know MMM had a cologne line. Just tried the Replica At the Barber and Jazz Club scents.

What does /fa/ think about these colognes? I'm thinking about buying the Jazz club scent but I'm not sure what I would match it with aesthetic wise since it's fairly different from my other colognes. It has a more chocolate smell

Looking for some reviews and opinions from /fa/ on these scents
>>
File: original_CW.jpg (52KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
original_CW.jpg
52KB, 800x800px
thoughts on this
>>
>>10712152
A lot of remformulations in the works right now. I took a gamble and bought from a specific retailer because it was cheaper, even though I had a hunch it was cheaper because it was a newer bottle. But I haven't smelt it yet.
>>
>>10712189
Lasts not very long, compared to others not very good, but the best CK Fragrance.
>>
>>10712149
>>10712152

>>10712130 here
I meant that the new version (the only one I've tried) does have great performance in my experience despite what others have said, who are probably comparing to what I assume is the monstrous performance of the original
>>
>>10712189
I had this. It's weak so I agree with >>10712219
but, CK Euphoria Intense is superior to it imo, but it's weak also, like many CK fragrances.

>>10712224
The current Dior Homme batch isn't bad imo so what's the deal? It was never as strong as the original silver stem vintage
>>
>>10712189
I have it, it's my daily. Smells nice if you naturally smell 'spicy'. The scent dies quickly, though, so apply to armpits and chest for best all day fragance imo.
>>
>>10712338
>for best all day

It will never last that long.
Also, spraying on your pits? come on man.
>>
>>10712224
People on Fragrantica is saying it has changed recently. I haven't tried any vintage version, just what I assume is a slightly older bottled at the mall. But I'll report back when I've gotten my hands on it.
>>
>>10712173
doesnt last
jazz club is my favorite but like i said
doenst last
10/10 scent
3/10 longevity
??/10 sillage
>>
>>10712189
This is hands down the best Euphoria flanker, it's a limited edition so it's a little hard to find but definitely worth it. Gives off a Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense vibe
>>
File: 48130.jpg (20KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
48130.jpg
20KB, 300x360px
Got a bunch of samples and this is by far my favorite scent. Does anyone have experience with it?

I'm not to experienced with fragrances and have never actually bought a full bottle, but this might be my first. Would it work as an all day scent for an early 20s office guy?
>>
I've been using this since highschool and sometimes get complements on it. I don't know why you guys spend so much on fragrances
>>
>>10712655
because we dont try to pick up on 15 year old girls
>>
>>10712464
so not worth the cop?

Should I just get another CdG scent instead? Kyoto particularly
>>
>>10712149
is it still good though? kinda pointless to compare it to an older version that's difficult to find anymore if at all.
>>
stupid whore at sephora told me that 'oooohhh those two are the same, just different size' and I bought dior sauvage instead of eau sauvage. and it smells like shit. gotta swap it tomorrow.

also, how's tom ford tobacco vanilla? I keep hearing about it from plebs, and just now saw it being top fragrance on fragrantica
>>
>>10714038
oh, also I'm looking for a fragrance which literally smells like shit or stale manure, any recs?
>>
>>10714038
it's Tobacco Vanille, and it's a certified meme here (your first time in this general?). smells like a vanilla chai latte to me. really fucking expensive though, like $220 for 50 mL
>>
File: 141636774833671685.jpg (104KB, 500x957px) Image search: [Google]
141636774833671685.jpg
104KB, 500x957px
>>10714060
> it's Tobacco Vanille, and it's a certified meme here (your first time in this general?)

I have forgotten /fa/ for a while (real shit now btw, even moreso than before)

who cares about price lmao. certified meme, but is it good...
>>
>>10714050
>which literally smells like shit or stale manure
Xerjoff - Zafar
>>
>>10714071
> If it Zafar is a homeless under the lilac bush then Najaf is a company of homeless people under a lilac bush ... ie. "lilac" barely breaks

niiice. just what the doctor ordered
>>
>>10714050
Some real oud oils have a certain "barnyard" quality to them. The only non-oil based fragrance I've tried that captures that is Montale's Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. Incredible fragrance if you like oud, leather and animalic frags.
>>
What perfume would be good for a 12-year old boy?
>>
>>10714038
hearing about TF from plebs?
probably just sprayed it once at a neiman marcus and saw the price tag

my daily wear fragrance, probably paid way too much but i love it and my girlfriend loves it too
>>
how do i make my balls not smell?
>>
>>10714038
And Tobacco Vanille is pretty fantastic the first several times you wear it, but it is quite linear and not really interestingly composed once you get to know it. It is also not very versatile, so I don't consider it full bottle worthy.
>>
>>10714111
alright, intriguing enough, gonna try it sometime soon.
>>
>>10714050
Etat Libre d'Orange Jasmin et Cigarette sorta smells like someone laid some flowers over some shit to cover it up and let it dry in the sun
>>
>>10714038
eau sauvage is dated af, why would you want it
>>
>>10697547
/used to have that, smells like fucking chili.
>>
>>10714094
Mont Blanc Legend. Try to purchase from a drugstore, department stores charge too much imo. Good luck.
>>
File: bleu de chanel deodorant.jpg (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
bleu de chanel deodorant.jpg
51KB, 512x512px
So my dad wants a scented deodorant. He refuses to wear like a edt for some reason. He'll wear anything, but I want him to smell okay at least. Will Bleu de Chanel suit a 50+ year old at work?
>>
>>10699224
Currently wearing d&g the one, smells pretty cozy to me
>>
>>10715467

I love this scent

my only gripe with it is that it lasts for about 5 minutes, and that no one else can smell it unless they're sniffing my fucking neck
>>
>>10692057
18, under 100$, my fav is clinique happy, bvlgari aqva, sometimes chanel platinum egoiste

lately i started to like tabacco scents, so now i want to buy one
>>
>>10715663
CK One Shock, Burberry London, Pure Havane
>>
>>10715663
>under 100$
>likes tabacco scents

Diptyque Volutes eau de toilette ($95)
Serge Lutens Chergui ($120, but you can usually find it online ~$60 at fragrancenet, fragrancex, etc.)
>>
>>10715767
chergui is too much for 18yo
>>
>>10715663
>tobacco scents
Check these out. I ordered the list from sweet to dry, and thus skewing younger to older. All are fantastic however, and I own all except Michael for Men, which I found very similar to London.

Pure Havane
Burberry London
Michael for Men
Eau des Baux
Havana
Tea for Two
Guerlain Vetiver
>>
>>10715774
in what way? it's not any stronger or complex than most of the others f/w recs you see itt
>>
>>10692057

>sex
Male

>price range
$100-200?

>climate
Winter/Fall I suppose

>I work in retail and I want to smell good for all the pretty grills
>>
>masking your pheromones
>>
>>10716156
>implying they don't mix in with the perfume
>>
>>10716159
shit's unnatural anway
>>
>>10716164
how so? humans have been using fragrances in one way or another since the dawn of civiliation
>>
>>10716177
not to mention a waste of money. humans are idiots.
>>
>>10716164
>>10716184
smelly hippie detected
>>
>>10716164
so is clothing then.
>>
>>10716192
it serves a function (warmth)
>>
>>10716200
so does perfume. It's made to attract the opposite sex in order to reproduct, which is literally the purpose of life.
>>
>>10716213
>perfume
>made to attract the opposite sex in order to reproduct [sic]

Wrong. Well, I guess that's how plebs think, but a perfume will not get you laid.
>>
>>10716190
I showered twice last week.
>>
>>10716227
that's not even what I'm saying. But if you're denying that smell plays a role in attraction, you're objectively wrong, plain and simple.
>>
>>10716242
>twice

disgusting
>>
>>10715378

Ya
>>
>>10716507
Thnx
>>
>People trying to sell their fragrances for retail or more

This irks me, why would I buy a 1.7 fl oz bottle for $30 when I can get a bigger tester for the same fucking price?
>>
female, 29, florida
would like something for everyday, and special occasions
like lighter scents, hate heavy alcohol cling

currently: jean paul gaultier madame(so-so.. I remember smelling it before and it was wonderful, maybe the heat is just not good for it)
previous:
jean paul gaultier classique (my go-to because it's so light and everything is right)
burberry brit (decent)
chanel no5 (was also light and had almost a powdery scent to it, but I felt was too much for daily wear)
there was this one ralph lauren one that made me gag when I initially sprayed it because alcohol, but after that burned off the fragrance itself was very floral/fruity
thierry mugler angel (I wore this in the winter while living in nyc and never noticed the scent)

price isnt that big of a deal because I generally bought most of my fragrances [spoiler]from macys[/spoiler]

looking for something that smells soft, lasts all day, not too heady; this is my everyday scent

my "special occasion" squirts should be something a little heavier, but not obnoxious. I can deal with an initial alcohol burst but if it lasts all night I will literally vomit on myself
>>
>>10717233
soft - d&g light blue
special occasions - viva la juicy gold couture

my 2 favorite women's perfumes, viva may be a bit much on the playful side if by special occasions you mean classy
>>
>>10717233
>everyday
A Lab On Fire What We Do In Paris Is Secret ($110) or Penhaligon's Ostara ($90)

>special occasion
by Kilian Back To Black ($260), Diptyque Tam Dao EdP ($145), or Serge Lutens Datura Noir ($135)

I know you can find the Serge Lutens for half that or less online, and maybe Tam Dao, too, but not for as much of a discount. Unsure about the others.
>>
>>10717347
>$260
Damn, that's Amouage-tier, and more than TFPB. Read that by Kilian is all hype, too (I mean most luxury brands mostly are, but at least Amouage, TFPB, Creed, etc., have good scents to sorta back it up)
>>
lost my sides at this fragrantica review. bonus points if you guess/know which frag, I would not have guessed this
>>
>>10718432
Ha was just reading that a few weeks ago. Caused me to buy a sample and a few others from that house. Not a monster but I'd probably go easy on warmer days.
>>
>>10718432
Had to Google, and I agree. Personally love Le Labo for the most part, but Santal 33 was indeed my least favorite (or at least tied, AnOther 13 was another stinker)
>>
Should I blind buy cdg odeur 53? I know it's a bit of a weird scent but I kind of enjoy the risk
>>
Whats the best cheap fragrance? (Under 30 bucks)

Currently own:

Karl Lagerfeld
CK One
Paul Smith
>>
>>10714038
aight I ended up not getting eau sauvage, and got ysl lhomme intense instead. pretty nice frag so far
>>
>>10719173
You aren't really going to find much in that price range, I'd suggest saving up some money and dropping more on a decent frag
>>
>>10719173
>(Under 30 bucks)
You're definitely going to have to go online and cop something. Bvlgari has some good scents that can probably be found for around that (Aqva Amara, Blv, Au the vert, Au the rouge)
>>
Looking for a frag

Like dior homme intense but with more projection
>>
18 year old college boi
need something that hopefully lasts for most of the day, good smelling but not offensive, and something girls would like to smell. $60 or so would be good and id probably use it all year
>>
Is Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla really a meme?
>>
>>10719928
Sort of.

it's GOOD but you'd be better finding cheaper alternatives through layering vanilla scents with tobacco ones as opposed to buying a full bottle if you don't want to spend that much.
>>
File: theone.jpg (48KB, 300x363px) Image search: [Google]
theone.jpg
48KB, 300x363px
what is a longer lasting alternative to D&G The One?
>>
>>10719850
Also looking for the same, higher budget is fine for me,though. I have L'homme but it's short lasting and I don't love it
>>
>>10716142
New Haarlem. The grills will eat it up even if you don't actually like it.
>>
>>10719173
Not sure about "the best" and since you didn't give any other qualifiers, I'll just list some of my favorites in that price range in order from easy to like to more challenging. There is some correlation between price and quality, but not a strong one. These are all excellent scents that I would pay much more money for than their current price tags.

360ยบ Black/Red for Men
Midnight in Paris
Tabac Original
Salvador Dali pour Homme
>>
File: Autist_mating_ritual.gif (3MB, 222x180px) Image search: [Google]
Autist_mating_ritual.gif
3MB, 222x180px
Hey guys, firstly what is the difference between Dior Homme Parfume and Dior Homme Intense?
Then, has someone experience with one of them and the reaction of other people? Ive heared that women dont lile it very mutch and 20 years is too young for it.
>>
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Yves-Saint-Laurent/L-Homme-Parfum-Intense-18841.html

Good or no?
>>
File: 1379855283582.png (9KB, 309x388px) Image search: [Google]
1379855283582.png
9KB, 309x388px
>>10718432
>I just don't feel comfortable wearing this.
>>
stupid 310 bump limit, how strange

>>10719928
just because it's a meme doesn't mean it's bad
>>
Should I buy la nuit de l'homme? I want a fragrance that is more suitable for winter. I already have l'homme, and it reminds me too much of spring or summer or spring.
>>
>>10692050

NEW THREAD
>>10721924
>>10721924
>>10721924
NEW THREAD
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.