[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shaving Kits/Sets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: ShavingSetDec2015.jpg (985KB, 1400x930px) Image search: [Google]
ShavingSetDec2015.jpg
985KB, 1400x930px
Post your shaving kits.
>>
>>10689841
I dont have one, but you inspired me to get one.
>>
What makes a good brush?
>>
>>10689890

The hair. The cheaper types feel like porcupine quills stabbing your face and neck.
>>
File: omega-brush-bambino-wee-scot.jpg (235KB, 1000x768px) Image search: [Google]
omega-brush-bambino-wee-scot.jpg
235KB, 1000x768px
>>10689890
Omega boar brushes are good quality/price ratio. As you use them, the bristles will split to about three or four finer ends that feel great. Always soak the brush before lathering desu

Pic related
>>
>>10689890
Buy a synthetic, cheap, easy to work with. Not necessarily true what you've been told in this thread.
>>
Don't bother with a fucking brush. I used to be le gentleman faggot who did all that shit. Tried a bunch of different creams/soaps with various brushes and nothing ever came out as good as Barbasol you let sit in some hot water while you take a shower.

Parker Shavette with Feathers and Barbasol is what I use. I like to sharpen my Spydercos and Benchmades, but I can't be bothered when it comes to straight razors. If you can be, just look around on eBay for a decent condition razor from Solingen to pop up (Dovos, Bokers). Kamisori's if you have a small-ish face.

Used to use a safety razor but quickly found them lacking in aggressiveness and didn't feel like spending the money to try different ones out. There is a learning curve to shavettes, but IMO best combination of sharp blades, price, and ability fine tune your shave
>>
>>10690811
You think the feathers are worth the extra cash? I'm using a cheap shavette with sharks right now and thinking about an upgrade
>>
>>10690811
Shit advice
>>
>>10691091
I bought 200 on Amazon for like 30 bucks a couple of years ago. Still using them.

I tried Sharks, Derby, Astra, and others. I had read about Feathers being to sharp or whatever for beginners and I wasn't happy with what I was getting from the aforementioned blades. Went to Feathers, had a couple blood baths in the first few weeks but smooth sailing ever since.

>>10691212
Look at you and all your advice

Fuck off faggot
>>
File: philips-hq7140.jpg (28KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
philips-hq7140.jpg
28KB, 512x512px
Speaking of shaving,
Is there any use asking for an electric shaver for christmas? I am bored with cheap blades (wilkinsons sword crap), but need to shave often. Should I look for a proper safety razor or can a decent electric shaver to the trick?
>>
>>10691267

I wouldnt recommend electric razors. They're awful for your skin and cause severe irritation/ razor bumps.
>>
>>10691452
yeah electric razors are shit tier

doesn't get much better than a good safety razor, it's also much cheaper if you care about that
>>
File: IMG_1576.jpg (1002KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1576.jpg
1002KB, 1620x1080px
I've been told by people I have the thickest beard they'd ever seen. To make things more difficult, I also have pale and sensitive skin. These are the products that have worked best for me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.