[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

everyone knows that dancing is not /fa/ but how do i do it if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: vremja-i-steklo-660x330.jpg (33KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
vremja-i-steklo-660x330.jpg
33KB, 660x330px
everyone knows that dancing is not /fa/ but how do i do it if there is no other way in that situation?
>>
>>10688951

take classes
>>
>>10688960
thats not /fa/ either
>>
>>10688951
Keep in mind my specialization is partner dancing, so not shit on your own:

Go get a few salsa/bachata/merengue lessons under your belt. None of those are particularly useful for most club situations outside of latin clubs, but it helps you get some of the very basics down about dancing as a dude.

That said, some more general things you should know:
- As a dude, your effort should be minimalized, not maximalized. Bias slow movements over fast ones, keep your back largely straight, and don't shift body weight too much. Confident dancers put in less effort, not more.
- Taking a few classes will teach you to lead well, but the basic rule of thumb is to move a girl by her body weight, not her arms. Don't ever wrench her arms, hands, etc.. Hand holds are precatory, not mandatory, which is why a lot of guys lead turns with their middle finger (don't do this, looks fucking retarded). Consider her center of mass to be somewhere around her hips.
- 99.9% of dips, spins, and lifts are made for manlets, meaning that technique > brute strength. Once you learn them, you can toss a girl around relatively easily without much effort. Case in point, a back bend is more or less the girl sitting on your thigh, with your arms in more of a support role.
- Hip movement - at least initially, in the non-competitive scene - is mostly initiated by a combination of bent knees and body weight changes, i.e. choreography and routine. Don't overdo it.

Latin dancing in general is a good scene because there's a huge number of women and - assuming you aren't a creep - you get good at floorcraft and general dance skills that don't come without a lot of practice.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.538462699_a0xh.jpg (389KB, 1500x1364px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.538462699_a0xh.jpg
389KB, 1500x1364px
>>10688951
>dancing
>not effay

Sure, if you're timid and insecure. git gud faget
>>
File: 2015-12-05_23_01_08.gif (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-05_23_01_08.gif
2MB, 480x480px
>>
>>10688978

how so?

Actualling knowing how to dance is un-/fa/?

lol I think you're looking into "what is /fa/" too much anon, this is the game of life, and if you actually know how to dance it comes in handy if you consort with that type...
>>
>>10689039

HHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA
>>
>>10688951
>everyone knows

Nope. That sounds like some bullshit some autistic beta bitch sperglord contrived as an excuse for being shit.
>>
>>10689064
>>10689063
>>10689055
>>10689039
>>10689031
>>10688987
are u all fucking serious? talking about salsa and other cringy shit. you either are 35+ years old of wear dress shoes on a daily basis. imo you only dance at a club or in your wedding and thats about it.
>>
>>10688951
>Dancing isn't /fa/
Only untalented insecure shits think dancing isn't effay

Hip hop, bboying, bodywaving, and bonebreaking are /fa/
>>
>>10689074

that why I said "if you consort with that type", there are people who like to go dancing like legit

but for most people you're right, it's either shitty club dancing or at some wedding.
>>
>>10689074
>you either are 35+ years old of wear dress shoes on a daily basis. imo you only dance at a club or in your wedding and thats about it.
Have you seen the girls who go to salsa clubs?

You can easily make a bajillion incredibly attractive female friends just by being moderately okay at dancing. There's a dearth of men who can do so, especially younger dudes, so it's like shooting fish in a barrel in terms of meeting people. It's fun, reasonably athletic, helps you develop physical skill, and gets you the (unwarranted) reputation for being good in bed.

Also I've taught wedding couples a long time ago and admittedly that shit is awkward as fuck. Box steps errywhere
>>
/r/ing for the webm of the long neck brisbane boy dancing like a turd.
>>
>>10689097
my initial question was how to dance. you are just trying too hard.
>>
>>10689076
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3K5D2E-WOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5-ZCqfv2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho1y-4mXIL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmaLYKJE5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmffPncNOp4
>>
depends on the environment and the type of music

if its trendy hip hop / edm / pop type stuff just learn to groove and ride the beat freely and ur good no need to learn 'moves' or whatever
>>
>>10689213

I can guarantee that you yourself don't know how to / are bad at dancing and all you do is watch these kinds of videos on youtube
>>
>>10688951
>dancing is not /fa/
This is wrong

>>10688978
>learning something is not /fa/
This is also wrong

Seems like you're just an idiot.
>>
>>10689086
Club dancing is actually fun if you dance moderately well.
>>
>>10689224
lmao not true of course I can do these. I'm Asian
>>
popping/hiphop choreography can be fa. look up ACA hiphop and keone and mari
>>
>>10689232
How does one dance "in da club"?
>>
File: tumblr_ntxlzuGGal1tlqfn0o1_500.png (307KB, 483x597px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntxlzuGGal1tlqfn0o1_500.png
307KB, 483x597px
>>10688951
just dab
>>
>>10689611
Anyway you want.
>>
>>10689611
>>10689039
>>
no, you don't fucking dance

how has nobody said this?

>>10688960
fuck you trip faggot btw

the point is: if you try to dance, you are a bitch. if you're trying to get w/ a girl who wants to dance with you, you oblige her, but you make it outstandingly obvious that you don't really give a fuck about this. the benefit is that she will just be more into it, you won't look like an autist who has taken formal dance classes >>10688987 (holy fuck lmao), and that you won't have to give a fuck about whether your dance moves were up to some shit standard because you'll be too busy getting your balls licked at 9:00 am the next day.
>>
>>10689097
You have experience with salsa too? It's crazy how on almost every thread on /fa/, you can contribute because you have experience with that topic already.

Almost makes me think you're a liar...
>>
Being a wallflower is the most uneffay thing you can do. At the least bob up and down, smile and move.
Dancing is fun.
>>
>>10689630
Epic post
>>
>>10689647
every topic except actual fucking fashion, lmao
>>
I like dancing but I usually only dance alone in my room and don't really know any moves.
>>
>>10689097
Ayy lmao my beta-friend went to a salsa club 2 years ago (and still) and literally got no girlfriend since then, only one fat girl he got to know there.
I can't imagine how.
>>
https://vimeo.com/98198787
>>
>>10689630
autism
>>
Why can no one give a decent answer or guide for simple club dancing? There are guides for almost every stupid little thing on the internet, but not for dancing. People always say just have fun and be confident. What kind of a stupid answer is that.
I just really want an autistic tutorial with the basics.
>>
Just dance, its cool. Not giving a fuck if you are good at dancing or not is really /fa/.
>>
>dancing
>not fa
>no one has mentioned voguing yet
what the fuck

of course its fucking fa, but it depends on where you go to party and what music they play
ballroom and all that gay shit are made specifically for flexing your clothes so i dont really get your doubts about dancing
>>
>>10690117
why would you go somewhere where you don't like the music? If you like the music just move around and it feels good

>>10690035
real shit
>>
>>10689039
for real though how do you dance to house bangers without feeling like a good

>>10688987
such a unique person. I can't believe that you are real.
>>
>>10690117
just move with the music
get drunk if you're not that confident and it will come to you
yes you look stupid but so does literally everyone else
>>
>>10688978
>>10688951
You're fucking retarded and you also sound like an autistic fedora tipping fuck. If you can't move with style and are too afraid to do so then you are not /fa/. You are probably one of those retards who sits in a chair while everyone dances or does the "indie bob" where you just move your head from left to right and back repeatedly for an entire concert while your posture is slouched.
>>
>>10688951
Bro, listen.
Learn how to move on s beat and you'll be gucci.

Good song to learn motion, try...
We Dont have to Take Our Clothes Off-Jermaine Stewart
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HWZisnZ-RGE
Its the song I used to learn.
If you want tostart a bit slower give ol Lionel Ritchies Truly a shot
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7e72sMIsKdg

Learn to move a bit then learn the steps.
It just takes time, you dont need to take lessons or anything.
I know my choice of music is a bit dated, but you have to start somewhere
>>
Bump me baby one more time
>>
>>10689630
>giving advice when you're this insecure

SHEESH
>>
>dancing is not effay

Lmao if you want to be a wet blanket wishy washy loser then sure, it isn't effay.

If you're the kind of person that stops themselves from having fun because you're too self-conscious then you'll never make it.
>>
>>10688951
>dancing is not /fa/
Not if you are shit at it. How does one go to a techno/dnb party and not dance? Do you have to lean against a wall with your arms crossed while sipping your gin tonic or what?
>>
>>10691294
>Do you have to lean against a wall with your arms crossed while sipping your gin tonic or what?
top lek
>>
>>10691294
The three times I went to a techno joint I partok in a bit too much of something and I forgot what I did.
Forget gin and tonic, I might be a father!
>>
>>10691328
you might be a cūck
>>
>>10691294
step 1: get some drinks you
step 2: take handful of ecstasy or snort some MDMA

you're sorted, by that time you will not give a shit
>>
>>10689228
/thread
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J44j6jnu9Xk
>>
Like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B8B2PHZzEk
>>
Does anyone have the webm usually titled '/fa/ goes clubbing'?
>>
Like Timothy Bryce in American Psycho.

https://youtu.be/TvNL_u6IaRM?t=21s

Point being, don't give a fuck. If you're too autistic to not give a fuck, you should try therapy. Cocaine also helps.
>>
>>10689630
lmao go to bed alex
>>
>>10688960
Everyone I know who takes dancing classes is the biggest autist ever. Specially dudes. Always look like super try hard fags.

Just grind on girls, or get so wasted it doesn't matter
>>
>>10689622
pretty much the only move you need to know honestly
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.