[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Board Improvement - State of the Board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: christian_dior.jpg (32KB, 348x380px) Image search: [Google]
christian_dior.jpg
32KB, 348x380px
Dear /fa/,

Let's get another board improvement thread going. Last one was:

>>10659736

Post your suggestions for board improvement, or your critique of the current state of the board here.
>>
Footwear Shopping Generals are up:

>>10685768
>>10685824
>>10685932
>>
>>10685963
Pastebin Link to all Pastebins:

http://pastebin.com/1TxNV2ty
>>
The board needs less meta threads that have nothing to do with fashion.
>>
The sheer number of bait/off topic threads is really grating. I understand that memes like endlessly posting that one fit of asap rocky and blasting it can be chalked up to "board culture", but it's fucking awful. That one clearly trolling thread about how you need to be /fit/ has also been up for days. And let's not forget the racist threads started up by pigfuck and co. daily to which people give positive attention, of all things.

It's also incredibly frustrating how openly underage that /fa/ is at times. The constant spouting of kek and the other hot meme words, despite the filter, is especially indicative of the general immaturity there is around here.

At least the fits in waywt threads have been nice lately.
>>
>>10685975

That's why fa will never be a decent board. Most posters here have a childish mindset and are probably not even interested in fashion. Spouting bullshit, memes and dragging people down, that's fa for you.
>>
>>10686007
There are other boards with a much bigger problem with off-topic posting. Just hide them.
>>
>>10685966
>http://pastebin.com/1TxNV2ty

The link has been updated to include OPs for all the buying generals:

>Budget Footwear General - /bfg/: pastebin.com/CbE3Z0TZ
>Pricey Footwear General - /pfg/: pastebin.com/QhQjKDs5
>Expensive Footwear General - /efg/: pastebin.com/bAayURh5

>Budget Apparel General - /bag/: pastebin.com/nXtekSN8
>Pricey Apparel General - /pag/: pastebin.com/TNvAv6qZ
>Expensive Apparel General - /eag/: pastebin.com/cuJ3fM9e

I can't host more than 5 threads, so I wont't host /pag/ and /eag/ now. If you feel you need them, you'll have to host them yourselves.

Well, I hope this helps new people and unclutters the board. If you have any improvements or suggestions, you can contact me at: [email protected]

Have a nice day guys!
>>
File: 1444343815997.jpg (298KB, 800x865px) Image search: [Google]
1444343815997.jpg
298KB, 800x865px
>>10685959

>keep a "runway general" thread running
>keep a "clothesmaking progress general" for aspiring designers running
>keep a "portfolio general" for aspiring models running

if effay becomes a place where people actually do stuff instead of memeposting until another effay comic drops the quality will go up.

The quality starts and ends with YOU anon.
>>
>>10686092
Completely agree, especially the runway generals are often the best this sub has to offer
>>
bamp
>>
>>10686092
>keep a "clothesmaking progress general" for aspiring designers running

nice
>>
>>10685959
Where did all the good trips go to? Is superfashion still a thing? Where can we go to actually discuss nice things while we try to redeem this board?
>>
I don't think the problem with this board if not that there are not enough generals, but rather the kinds of generals we have right now, the quality on /fa/ was much better when everyone was in their individual "core" threads, instead of just seeing all the basic shit in the WAYWT or c/n threads, people could aspire to a certain aesthetic, critique others that are seeking a certain look, and share inspiration for that look, instead everyone is seeking to meet this one standard of "effay" that boils down to kekcore, and SLP
>>
I just find it hilarious how all the troll threads and rate threads get all the replies. /fa/ is insecure as fuck.
>>
>>10685963
You're a fucking retard if you think overly specific generals will improve the board.

GENERALS
ARE
CANCER
>>
>>10688415
why?
>>
>>10686092
>Seconded
>>
My main problem is that there are rarely conversations outside of of trends and W2c/cop or not generals. Obviously we are all learning and need criticism, but I think there's too much focus on that and not enough attention to runway shows, tailoring, culture as whole, and designers/the industry as a whole. The only thing close to that lately has been the fashion 2015 general. Other than that, this board is actually too insecure and full of vanity to elevate the discussion of fashion as an art form and as an industry. But then again, maybe everyone here is too young to constructively talk about anything.
>>
>>10688415
I don't know. Doing nothing certainly won't improve the board.

We can try at least. If it works, great - if not, we have proof that that's not the way to go.

>>10688667
>>10686092
I totally agree with these. But I think if everyone expects somebody else to deliver, nobody will ever deliver.

If you can, create these threads YOUSELVES. Make a nice OP, provide information, bump with interesting pics. All you can do on 4chan.

But waiting and saying "I want a tailoring thread" - that's not gonna happen.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.