[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sweatshop-free shoes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: gxcQzVD.gif (780KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
gxcQzVD.gif
780KB, 300x226px
Yeah yeah call me a dumb beta neckbeard let for having ethics.

And when you're done with that: where can I cop a nice pair of shoes that weren't made by battered kids? Nike and Adidas seem to be the most commonly recommended shoes on this board, and while they are decent quality, I obviously have conflictions with their practices.
>>
Owens is good but it's hard to cop for cheap
>>
Not sure about their standard stuff, but I'm guessing New Balance's Made In USA/UK ranges haven't seen a sweatshop
>>
You mean youre deliberately not going to buy a product made by world's poorest, who desperately need the income?

You insensitive bastard.
>>
Every a bit higher up brands...
>>
>>10667357
They'd be better off if the factories hadn't come there in the first place. We're just perpetuating this cycle of poverty by buying into it.
>>
>>10667389
The factory jobs there provide higher wages than all their alternatives. How do you think the West industrialised? Magically transformed from a subsistence agricultural economy, to a high wage industrial economy?
>>
Just buy second hand. You can find a lot of NWT on ebay and such.
>>
>>10667395
Countries of the global south cannot be allowed to develop any further than they have. This is their peak. It's what gives other affluent countries their high quality of life.
>>
Doc martens, the vintage kind are mind in jolly ol England
>>
>>10666849
I'm also after some shoes like this. Since you mentioned nike/adidas, I assume you're after some sneakers. Check out Victory Sportswear, made in the U.S. and nicer than NBs imo.

If you're just talking generally, most contemporary/mid-tier labels are sourcing in Europe. Common Projects, Our Legacy, etc.

Be wary of the "made in Europe" label though. It's hard to be sure. Some of these brands (cough cough Norse fuck you) are sourcing from Turkey which is technically a European country but uses a massive amount of immigrant, child, and (now) refugee labour.

The point is, it's not so black and white as people think. "Made in Europe" doesn't always mean you're getting what you're looking for. I don't want to go into the debate about labour, I'm just saying it is what it is.
>>
ITT: /fa/ proves it knows next to dick about globalization. I think /pol/ may know more about fashion than this board.
>>
>>10667469
What are you implying here?
>>
>>10667521
>implying
>>
>>10666849
What kind of shoes are you looking for?
>>
File: sonic.jpg (116KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
116KB, 960x960px
>>
>>10667555

Sneakers, boots, streetwear type stuff.
>>
File: 1448766487920.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1448766487920.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>10666849
>providing jobs and infastructure to 3rd world peasants is unethical
>>
File: 1446652916643.gif (930KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1446652916643.gif
930KB, 270x270px
>>10667459
>I want white people shoes made for white people by white people

Make sure to only buy goods made by white people in white countries. We wouldn't want to trade with brownies and chings!
>>
>>10667944
Check out veja sneakers.
>>
>>10667969
hahahah fucking roasted
>>
Liberal faggot
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.