[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Converses and popularity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Why are these so popular /fa/? It seems like everywhere I go on my campus people are wearing them or talking about buying them. Is it because they're comfortable or is it just because they are a name brand?
>>
They look good.
>>
>>10664605
they're cheap and extremely versatile.
>>
>>10664605
>is it because they're comfortable
Not at all, they fucking suck in terms of support. All they are is classic low top shoes that everyone can wear
>>
Sorority girls a required to wear them because it's part of their rush uniforms.
>>
I see them as very feminine now. Do you ever see guys wearing these? It's only women.
>>
>>10666184
>>10666102
>>
>>10666188
I have no idea what a rush uniform is nor are Converse mainly worn by sorority girls.
>>
>>10666194
Rushing is when you are trying to get into a sorority. It's the same thing as "pledging" to a fraternity.
>>
>>10666184
I see men and women, fucking dogs, babys even niggers and beaners wear this shit, its every persons fall back on, wore them when i was 8 years old. They are cool when you are that age
>>
Every white bitch I know in SF has them
>>
>>10666194
rush is a term for when you try and get into a sorority/frat
you just go to their 'events' for a week or two and if they like you you get a 'bid' from one of the members and then you're a 'pledge' or a member who isn't a full memeber and you gotta do like a semester/quarter as a pledge (aka being everyones bitch) and then you're a member
>>
they're just really common shoes OP
i think everyone has owned a pair of converse at a point in their life
i don't even think it's marketing
everyone owning them means that you should have a pair too right?
its just like stan smiths
but on a bigger scale
>>
They are cheap, widely available, and very versatile.
>>
>>10664605
>cheap
>decent looking
>socially acceptable

>>10666194
guess that would depend on their university but it's definitely true here

The social acceptability point is a big one for sorority girls. It's a big thing in the Greek system in general. It's kind of sad watching those kids try to explore their fashion interest with those mandatory blinders on
>>
>>10664605
I own a pair.

Currently trying to dirty and wear them out to summon the essence of The Strokes.
>>
>>10666102
is this even true?
>>
>>10668075
you've inspired me to buy some white lowtops
are keds fa
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.