[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here have first-hand experience with Chinese and English

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Logo-dr-martens.jpg (21KB, 558x319px) Image search: [Google]
Logo-dr-martens.jpg
21KB, 558x319px
Anyone here have first-hand experience with Chinese and English docs?
I hear the English ones have harder leather that takes longer to break in but is "bulletproof."
Whereas the Chinese ones have a cheaper, softer leather.
I read that the Chinese ones actually have better stitching than the English ones.
>>
>>10663598
Please use the general thread:

>>10663072

sage
>>
damn senpai you're lucky that i happened to see this thread

i have a pair of chinese 1460s (nappa leather, 2010) and english 1490s (oxblood, 2012). my girlfriend has a pair of cherry red chinese 1460s. so i've seen all of the major iterations and i've worn the shit out of both of my pairs.

all of the shoes are very durable. that is, even if they get ugly, they're still going to hold together just fine. the doc martens "classic" leather is a composite leather on both english and chinese models. this means that it is pretty much guaranteed to crack eventually. my girlfriends chinese docs are more resistant to cracking than my english ones, but the english ones wear better - the cracks and shit just look cooler. nappa leather ones wore the best of the bunch, but don't look like typical docs. since the nappa leather is full-grain it never cracked and it had a lot more stretch than the composite. it broke in the easiest, too.

i have taken pretty good care of my boots, english and chinese. always wipe salt off of them, since it is murderous to the leather. when i wore my english ones in the winter i'd clean and apply the DM wonder balsam once every 2-3 weeks. they still cracked, but they look pretty fucking awesome

so in short
>chinese ones are durable as fuck but don't look as cool worn
>chinese smooth leather harder to break in than english
>english ones show superficial wear quicker, but it looks nice
>chinese nappa leather break in easy, last forever, but look odd
>>
>>10663632
Cheers m8. I have owned a pair of Made in England myself and the stitching on those seemed to reflect the reports of quality issues.
It wasn't really a problem but I remember it looked uneven in place and there was a bit were it looked dodgy.
I sold those on because they were a bit small for me and am thinking about a new pair, wondering if maybe Solovair would be a better option.
>>
>>10663652
never noticed any of the stitching errors you described. do you mean on the sole, or on the upper? only difference i noticed in stitching between english/chinese is im pretty sure english uses another row of stitching on the upper

i'm also pretty sure solovair and english dm are made in the same factory
>>
>>10663738
The yellow stitching was frayed in a spot and didn't look quite right in others.

What I've heard is that Solovair operates from the original Dr. M factory, the company that owns the Solovair name used to make Dr. M under license there until Dr. M moved overseas.
I've never heard that the latter Dr. M Made in England has anything to do with them.
>>
>>10663759
Doc Martens claims that their vintage/English line is made in the original factory. If the solovair factory is the original DM manufacturer, then they are the same factory
>>
>>10663835
Good to know.
>>
mine say Made in Thailand, so what does that mean?
>>
>>10664687
it means there's probably a penis somewhere
>>
yes glad you noticed that! i happens only when im in them i wonder why.
>>
doc martens are really shit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.