[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jcrew flannels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: jcrewflannelgreen.jpg (561KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
jcrewflannelgreen.jpg
561KB, 2000x2000px
I was wondering if jcrew flannels were of decent quality and if they were warm at all. They have a pretty decent sale going on today and I like the patterns they have, thanks. Link: https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/shirts/flannel/PRDOVR~92937/92937.jsp?color_name=grey-brown
>>
>>10660661
They TEND to be thinner than other flannels, mostly because the drape ends up looking somewhat better for the look they shoot for. That said, I'm comparing them to flannels from joints like L.L. Bean, which are somewhat thick by any comparison.

One warning - that's J.Crew *factory*, which is their off-shoot that uses notably cheaper fabrics and stitching. The shirt is going to be a LOT thinner than their main line. That's pretty okay in some circumstances, but potentially bad if warmth is a major consideration.

I still think they'd be a decent cop, as the cuts tend to be reasonably flattering and the price isn't bad.
>>
>>10660661
Saw a bunch yesterday at the mall, the midweight ones felt nice to the touch, and the really beefy Wallace & Barnes ones felt great too. I don't know about the fit of them, but to the touch they felt pretty nice so it's not like the fabric quality is bad by any means
>>
>>10660671
Thanks, so do you recommend flannels from LL Bean? I figured that they would be super baggy, I'm 5'6" and about 140.
>>
>>10660686
You could always have them tailored
>>
>>10660686
depends on which ones and whether or not you tuck them in
>>
>>10660686
Have you tried JCrew shirts before? At that height/weight I'm not sure JCrew would be the best fit for you.
>>
>>10660661
I like them, I'm 6' 150lbs and jcrew in slim s fits as if it was tailored.
>>
VERMONT FLANNEL COMPANY
E
R
M
O
N
T

F
L
A
N
N
E
L

C
O
M
P
A
N
Y
>>
>>10660661
Haven't worn j. Crew flannels before but I have a few shirts from them and I'm pretty happy with the quality
>>
>>10660853
No haven't worn anything from jcrew before actually. Really have just been copping basics from H&M, Kohl's, TJMaxx, and Bannana Republic for years
>>
>>10661263 >>10660853

I mostly wear small, sometimes small is crazy tight and I go to medium but the majority of the time small is perfect
>>
Dude, get flannels from outdoor wear companies, not fashion brands.

Patagonia make a really really good, ethically made flannel. Gant is a good option as well, but expensive.

LL Bean, Orvis, etc. have all gone to asian made trash.
>>
>>10660935
GOAT
O
A
T
>>
>>10661592
>>10660935
shill detected
>>
that's j crew factory, not j crew. factory is not as good as actual j crew, though they fit pretty nicely in my experience. it's a slight step up from gap in quality but still pretty meh

also, even though it looks like it's a decent sale it's actually not - j crew factory is ALWAYS on sale, and they raise their prices according to their sales. if you're buying a $85 shirt at 40% off for example, when j crew factory is at 50% off the shirt will suddenly be $100. pretty much everything on their site stays at the same price +/- $5 regardless of sales, and the only real sale is free shipping (which comes every other week or so)

also their oxfords feel like cardboard
>>
Get a used Pendleton. Those are well fitting and warm.
>>
Wearing one right now, they're nice as a fall back piece, I'd recommend what >>10661708 was saying. I picked up some Pendles from grailed and they're much better and were like $30
>>
File: 1442868205174.jpg (181KB, 868x710px) Image search: [Google]
1442868205174.jpg
181KB, 868x710px
is this jcrew
>>
just get uniqlo doofus
>>
>>10660935
Either them or Beams Plus.
>>
>>10663198
i want whoever this is to fist me until i prolapse
>>
>>10663204
uniqlo flannels are good for a quick flannel buy but not necessarily the best made shirts. but they definitely have some of the best patterns
>>
Does anyone know where I can get some good slim fit flannels?
I'm 5'9 120 and most everything fits me like a tent
>>
>>10664176
uniqlo xs would fit you well if you don't have broad shoulders and want something cheap. ll bean slim fit (not sure if they have xs) is also good for a higher end brand
>>
>>10660686
Whoops, sorry for the delay.

LL Bean stuff is a big baggy, but their slimmer fits are OK. They work for me because my shoulders/chest are too big and my waist is too small, so I just get them tapered to a strong degree. Your mileage may vary, especially if you're more reasonably proportioned.

>>10664000
>uniqlo flannels are good for a quick flannel buy but not necessarily the best made shirts
Agreed. UNIQLO in general is like this - decent but not amazing by any metric.
>>
>>10660686
5'6 135 here, I have one of their "Summer Plaid Shirts" and it's decent. Thicker than Gap, thinner than American Eagle
>>
where is a good place to grab a cheap white linen shirt?
>>
could of just bought from uniqlo for cheaper they had flannel sales
>>
>>10664305
i know you play the personal stuff close to the vest but what size works for those proportions? I wear a M in Uniqlo and Supreme flannels but I'm like 6'3"-6'4"
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.