[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To make /fa/ great again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

File: aw6.jpg (75KB, 529x385px) Image search: [Google]
aw6.jpg
75KB, 529x385px
Hey guys,

And I mean all of you, the 15y/o who want to know what sneakers to cop with their christmas money, to the 25y/o circlejerking over Julius.

Let's make this board great again, so that a lot of people that are relevant to you personally will post in places you can easily overlook.

The real problem with /fa/ is, that people here talk cross-purposes. Examples:

>You want to buy expensivish boots. You post in a boots general, but people there only recommend you cheap boots. Then you ask in where2cop, but nobody cares about boots there. Ultimately you make your own thread, but it gets drowned in the million hair threads. There were people who could have helped you, but they were posting in grails thread, high fashion general, or SLP inspo thread.

>You want a really cheap coat because it's cold outside. You post in a coats and jackets thread, but people there circlejerk over Moncler and Canada Goose, and nobody can help you. You try the streetwear thread, but people there discuss summer streetwear and you live on the other side of the globe. Again, your request goes unfulfilled, despite the plenty of posters who could've helped you.

>You want to discuss how the last collection of Dries van Noten compares to his collection 4 years ago. You try the high fashion general, but nobody currently there is interested in Dries van Noten. You create your own thread, but it gets drowned yet again.

I am currently busy with uni, but I will make an infographic with board etiquette and recommended generals the next few days.

Now I want to ask your input: How can we make /fa/ great again?
>>
>>10659736
>board etiquette
>recommended generals
frig off
>>
Sorry dude but it's over. /fa/ had its peak and now it's ruined to a state beyond repair. Move onto better things.
>>
>>10659736
>How can we make /fa/ great again?
You can't. People flooding in from reddit and other places drove the good posters off, which killed it. Few remain, I haven't seen /fa/scist in a while now.
>>
>>10659783
>/fa/ had its peak
When do you think this was, because I'm no expert, but I've been posting here since since the summer of my eighth grade, and I'm about to finish my fall semester of my Sophomore year.
>>
File: trolltrolled.jpg (25KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
trolltrolled.jpg
25KB, 512x512px
>>10659736
>not liking Julius
/troll
>>
>>10659736
Here are the generals I would recommend:

>Buying:

>expensive shoes general - /esg/ (>400€)
>mid-range shoes general - /msg/ (150€-400€)
>cheap shoes general - /csg/ (<150€)

>Another 3 threads for clothes, and for outerwear and headwear.

>accessoires general - /ag/ (jewelry, ties, odds and ends)
>watches general - we have that one already
>interior architecture general - /archg/ (everything to do with living)

>Skincare & Hair:

>skincare general - /scg/ (daily routine, how to get rid of acne, etc.)
>white hair general
>black hair general
>asian hair general

Thread pertaining to nutrition and exercise belong on /fit/

>Fashion as art, inspiration threads:

>high fashion general - we have that already
>designer/brand generals, declared by "Designer: Dries van Noten - General", or "Brand: APC - General".
>Inspo: MENS Streetwear, Inspo: WOMENS General, etc.
>>
Most importantly:

We need to direct every poster to our rules and etiquette. If you see a lone hair thread, redirect it to a general and sage it, it only costs you 15 seconds, but it will pay off for you big time.

It doesn't matter how many new posters come from reddit every day, as long as they are contained in the threads of their interest/competence.

We don't need tripsfags, they will always be cancerous. We need a strong community of relevant posters - each to his own area of expertise.

I did the same thing a year ago on /sci/ - not quite but it worked. Every day I spent around 10-15 minutes just saging and reporting threads from highschoolers, and encouraging people to do the same. Now /sci/ is full of STEM students and PhDs. Sounds silly, I know, but people can collectively clean a board up if you make them aware.
>>
File: 1441594034663.gif (2MB, 237x240px) Image search: [Google]
1441594034663.gif
2MB, 237x240px
reddit /r/teenmfa posters came here and ruined it with there nigger fashion c.uck shit pretty much. It's over unless we can ip ban everyone who has a reddit account.
>>
>>10659806
literally 15
>>
>>10659783
>>10659796
>>10659806
>the good people are gone

Yes and no. I guarantee you, everyone who consumes fashion, comes back to /fa/ every now I then. I was off from /fa/ for a year before I came back this week, because I had some money to spend and wanted to see what's currently talked about.

I gotta admit the board is more confusing than it ever was, and finding something that interests me is almost impossible. But everything is fixable if we raise awareness.
>>
I will bump this thread whenever I see it not in the top 25. If you like you can help me out on this, soe we can get some more input.

I don't have a fashion folder anymore, so no pics to upload unfortunately.
>>
>>10659806
I've been here since the beginning and while it may have had a peak (then, probably), it's never been great.
>>
>>10659806

Ive been here since late 2011, I'd say the best time was mid 2012 - late 2013 when we had quite a few personalities and alot of curious anons who were shaped by the quality content and discussions that were put forth by those personalities.

/fa/ is actually a pretty crazy case of internet fashion, quite a few cool people came out of the fashion board of fucking 4chan out of all places.

I drop by maybe every half year now, made maybe 3 posts in the last year until today?

It's not just /fa/, 4chan in general has been overrun by teenagers. I think there used to be a time when 4chan was still counter culture, it was a group of faggots who all 'got it', but now it's gone waaaaaaaaay fucking mainstream due to exposure on (mainly tumblr) social media that now all the self awareness that set apart the users of 4chan from regular internet forums has all disappeared

Fashion forums in general are dead. They have moved onto Skype chats involving people who have kept in touch outside of /fa/ and various other platforms.
>>
>>10659994
This. 2012-2013 were great on this board.
>>
>>10659994
>tfw been here since early 2012

People back then used to say "the golden age of /fa/ was 2010" and then post pictures of some guy in head to toe Dior with pointy shoes. Anyone still has it?
>>
File: names.jpg (124KB, 724x526px) Image search: [Google]
names.jpg
124KB, 724x526px
>>10659736
Those are the names btw.
>>
bamp
>>
Yes.
>>
So you've just become disillusioned with /fa/. It's okay, it happens to all of us. Your fashion knowledge and skill is way above the plebs here, so congrats. But /fa/ has always been this shitty, you just never noticed until now. Rather than trying to polish this turd, just leave, and discuss fashion irl or somewhere else. /fa/ will just drag you down and lead to worse fits.
>>
>>10660095
all of them are shit except ann d
>>
>>10660181
I have been disillusioned with /fa/ for 2 years actually, I just keep coming back every now and then.

It doesn't matter what has been. The people in this thread are evidence enough that actual fashion interest is still alive on /fa/.
>>
File: multi track drifting.jpg (82KB, 506x632px) Image search: [Google]
multi track drifting.jpg
82KB, 506x632px
>make /fa/ great again

/fa/ was never great.

>make /fa/ less shitty

not impossible, but not likely that it will work unless too much work is put into it.

also, OP, check out the last big thread on this:

>>10614733

quite a few good posts.

---
>>10660283

>The people in this thread are evidence enough that actual fashion interest is still alive on /fa/

on /fa/ in general? nonsense. we do have a small minority interested in the stuff though, and we should instead try to evacuate them to somewhere their knowledge is appreciated and their desire to learn can be satiated.

or just accept it as it is:

the /b/ of fashion

style-related shitposting
>>
>>10660362
>evacuate them to somewhere their knowledge is appreciated

And where would that be? SZ so I have to listen to Faust's opinion fashism?

Anonymity and transience are the two greatest things. As soon as there is a name, there is an ego. If you bashed streetwear all the time, but suddently start to like it - you won't admit it, because it's inconsistent with the ego. Anonymity is liberation.

I like the chans, I think they are great. We could migrate to infinity-chan, but I think it's slow and won't support all the the image uploads. Let's make a stand first before we run.

Thanks for linking the thread btw.
>>
I don't really know if you can fix it. The fact is that there's just not enough posters who really know their shit- so instead of interesting threads pertaining to fashion we get 5 cp alternative threads a day. desu I think it's a problem with the format of 4chan that the same shit threads get posted over and over, but the least we can do is update the sticky.
>>
>>10660425
So much this. Who moderates the sticky anyhow? Are there even any mods/janitors on /fa/? The infographics on youngstalin are outdated as fuck.

You guys remember thefaggotstore.org? It was really good.
>>
File: 1432502122137.jpg (41KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
1432502122137.jpg
41KB, 800x572px
fucking faggot idealists

give it up. every time you try and give impartial or decent advice or talk about actual fashion, 3 people just joined and they're either from KTT, /b/ or are 14 years old

you can't win, /fa/ IS garbage and always will be
>>
>>10660420
>where would that be?

see

>>10615345

I think you just got to take the good with the bad wherever you go.

>make a stand

is 4chan /fa/ worth it?
your time should be more valuable to you than that.

>>10660439
>who moderates the sticky

admin + mods

>are there any mods/janis

all boards have them.

browse

https://warosu.org/fa/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=yes&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

to see what is removed (some of the stuff is removed by the users themselves)
>>
Ban everyone who came from teenmfa/reddit/KTT or whatever shithole.
Underage faggots destroyed /fa/
>>
>>10660466
>is 4chan /fa/ worth it?

Yes, it pays off in return when you have a whole community where you can discuss whatever you want, get answers to any questions you might have, etc.

All the "alive" alternatives you listed are dadcore or cancer. SZ would have been good if Faust didn't scare everyone away. Reddit needs no comment I hope.

Do you have contacts of the admins/mods of the sticky?

Cheers
>>
>>10660362
Just make a forum where everyone has a username so retards can be banned
>>
leisuresuitlamy generals
>>
File: poet.png (99KB, 969x314px) Image search: [Google]
poet.png
99KB, 969x314px
Is he with us even now?
>>
bamp
>>
>>10659994
desu 2013 was really fucking good

at least in comparison to now
>>
>>10660574
ok senpai
>>
>>10660181
this desu. fa is a starting place for like-minded autismos but once you want to even consider dressing originally or developing knowledge past memes you need to leave, i come back for the banter
>>
>>10660888
Nice traps
>>
>>10659736
Based Antwerp 6

i would love to wife Ann
>>
awareness bump
>>
>>10659736
>How can we make /fa/ great again?
get rid of the niggers, fags and kikes
>>
>>10663043
You are relentless boy, and laughable.
>>
>>10663043
good post, we're gonna make /fa/ great again.
>>
>>10660588
this desu
>>
Let's not forget how we're all slightly influenced by Rick Owens. Also, the hardcore scene is starting to look pretty dope. Thanks to bands like Kublai Khan, martial law, Code Orange and knuckle puck everyone out here in north Texas is getting influenced by these bands and you can really tell by the way we dress.
>>
>>10659736

take the top 50 overused words on mfa (redwings/boots/americana/prep/vans/converse/dadcore/daddy/father/who/what/when/where/why/how/?) and add them to the c uck filter

then we report all of the insecure poorbois and redditors who get filtered so the mods can delete their spam

and now all the shit is gone but you realize 90% of this board was shit posters and fa was never great
>>
>>10660652
I miss him
I only caught the end of his stay but he was such a good poster
When I see the board now and think about how it was then
Fuck
I'm actually tearing up
>>
>>10659840
This. What I would also add and try to encourage is a share thread where people can post links to interviews, documentaries etc. and also share scans of stuff taken from magazines.

Also the mods/janitors need to do a better job. A peek into the catalog at any given time shows an abundance of so many shitty threads that have no place here or questions there are already threads about.

May sound harsh be to make it great again it should become a bit less accessible so we don't get people coming from other boards and starting threads only related to themselves.
>>
>>10659994
2012 is when it all went to shit

goth ninja invasion

we're KTT now

> I think there used to be a time when 4chan was still counter culture

Before The Fappening.
>>
>>10663195
>>10663261
Hey guys.

I just made two of the generals:

>>10663072
>>10663221

Would you mind bumping them with pics and redirecting threads there?

Also, if you have input on what the general information should contain, please post it there. I totally can not to do this alone, so I need your help.
>>
>>10663322
making two separate shoe generals will probably not work.

>you can't post that shoe here! it's too expensive!

>maybe I'll just post in the other shoe general, even though my shoe doesn't belong there, because it's the more active one

keeping the steam up for any general thread is essential, so dividing them up weakens them.
>>
>>10663327
It will absolutely work. What's the point of asking someone who only buys 450USD shoes where to cop Nike shoes? He just doesn't have a clue and can't help you.

People must stick to the price ranges, or they won't get the desired information. And when people are aware of the generals, there will be plenty of activity for all.

I'm currently moving, so I only have slow internet over my phone until thursday/friday. Please bump/contribute to the threads, you are doing the community a great service!
>>
last bump
>>
i don't think there's a whole lot we can do, but i like this idea and will go with it for now.

we need more mod action but interfering in board culture isn't something mods ever do, probably for the best but w/e. i would like to see /fa/ feels threads banned, any post with the word "normie" in it, anime fashion threads and the like, just these stupid, pointless nerd threads that ultimately ruin any class or style this board manages to accumulate, including "is X /fa/" threads (like who really needs to know if petting a dog while smoking makes rick owens think you are cool")

i like the way generals are currently used but the problem with generals is that they develop in an extremely specific way. if there was streetwear general here every day, in a few months they'd have extreme favoured and hated brands, a couple of celebs they all decided to like etc, and it's just not conducive to a coherent functioning board. an example is the high fashion threads where rick, raf and yohji are gods and everyone else is hitler.

fundamentally, it;s a problem with the user base. people need to do their own thing more and care less about what /fa/ thinks of them. that being said, using /fa/ for anything but w2c and inspo is completely stupid anyway.
>>
File: graph.png (15KB, 688x440px) Image search: [Google]
graph.png
15KB, 688x440px
>>
>>10660095
You literally can't be serious
>>
>>10664271
Ehh?
>>
File: memearrows.png (5KB, 614x137px) Image search: [Google]
memearrows.png
5KB, 614x137px
>>10659994
Was on this board from mid 2013 to early 2014.
Now I just check every now and then because I know enough on my own so I can just choose what I buy myself.
What the fuck is this desu thing anyways?
>>
>>10664557
Side wide word filter
>>
File: footwear.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
footwear.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
Hey /fa/,

So this is the OP text I would add to the "buying" generals. Suggestions and improvements are very welcome:

Hello dear poster, Welcome to Budget Footwear General - /bfg/. This thread is about footwear that doesn't break the bank.

>What footwear is discussed here?

Any and all footwear (all sexes) up to 170$ or 150€ respectively, including replicas.

>What topics are discussed here?

Cop or not, where to cop - any type of query, any type of inspo, any type of information.

>What is not discussed here?

Shoes that are over 170$ or 150€, or apparel. Please see the appropriate generals for that. [pastebin link #1]
>What are the most common brands discussed here? (Alphabetically)

Adidas, Asics (Onitsuka Tiger), Converse, Dr Martens, Fila, New Balance, Nike, Reebok, Vans

>Where can I buy budget shoes?

Amazon – [amazon.com]
Asos – [asos.com]
Bodega Store - ...
Snipes
Spartoo
Zalando

>Are there any relevant infographics about shoes?

Yes, please check [link #1].

>Any questions, or ideas how to improve the OP?

Please feel free to contact [mail address #1], [mail address #2] or [mail address #3]. You can find this entire OP at [pastebin link #2] if you need to open the thread yourself.
>>
>>10665252
>Hello dear poster, Welcome to

ahahahaha

No, seriously - that part needs to go

But the rest is good
hhahaha
>>
>>10665281
Do you think the price ranges are good?

<170$, 170$ to 450$ and >450$ for footwear Budget/Pricey/Expensive respectively.

We also need price ranges for apparel. I would say:

Leather jackets/pants: <500/500-1100/>1100 USD
Coats: <300/300-800/>800 USD
Sweats/knits: <120/120-250/>250 USD
T-shirts: <80/80-200/>200 USD
Jeans/pants: <110/110-350/>350 USD

Also, what brands do we consider budget/pricey/expensive in apparel? The goal should be f.e. that APC and Givenchy are not discussed in the same thread. We have to put similar brands together.
>>
>>10664290
>>10660184
Meant to reply to this
>>
>>10664271
correlation or causation
>>
>>10665411
I also wanted to ask:

If we say APC is pricey and Givenchy is expensive: Do we consider Y-3, Kenzo and Gosha to be pricey or expensive?
>>
File: 1437728302985.jpg (233KB, 640x407px) Image search: [Google]
1437728302985.jpg
233KB, 640x407px
>>10665252
I like it, good work friend
is architecture still good to stay in this perfect world where /fa/ isn't shit?
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 148x186px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 148x186px
This is what the expensive apparel general would look like (basically the same as footwear):

Expensive Apparel General - /eag/. This thread is for all those who enjoy spending money on clothes.

>What apparel is discussed here?

All and any apparel (all sexes) including outerwear, headwear, gloves and scarves. The price range by category is as follows: Leather jackets and pants >1100$; Coats >800$; Sweats and knits >250$; T-shirts and Shirts >200$; Jeans and Pants >350$.

>What topics are discussed here?

Cop or not, where to cop - any type of query, any type of inspo, any type of information.

>What is not discussed here?

Apparel that is below the listed price range, as well as footwear. Please see the appropriate generals for that: [pastebin link #1]

>What are the most common brands discussed here? (Alphabetically)

Ann Demeulemeester, Boris Bidjan Saberi, Dries van Noten, Givenchy, Helmut Lang, Julius, Kenzo, Maison Margiela, Saint Laurent Paris, Vivienne Westwood, Yohji Yamamoto

>Where can I buy expensive apparel?

*European (no Tax and/or Customs for Europeans)
www.matchesfashion.com
www.oki-ni.com
www.mrporter.com
www.harveynichols.com
www.luisaviaroma.com
www.mayfair.fashion
www.thecorner.com
www.farfetch.com
www.selfridges.com

*North American (Import Tax and Customs for Europeans)
www.barneysnewyork.com
www.ssense.com

*Hong Kong (Import Tax and Customs for Europeans)
www.lanecrawford.com

>Are there any relevant infographics about apparel?

Yes, please check [link #1].

>Any questions, or ideas how to improve the OP?

Please feel free to contact [mail address #1], [mail address #2] or [mail address #3]. You can find this entire OP at [pastebin link #2].
>>
>>10665708
nah, because nike, adidas, vans, timbs and docs exists

theyre always incorporated with brands like hose
>>
>>10665708
The entire price category thing is really dumb

People shop based on a specific taste/style/aesthetic - not prices.

Threads with people in them who like Rick won't know that much at all about Hermes for example. There's no coherence - no unifying interest in the threads.

Niche design/haute couture/high fashion and mainstream haute couture/high fashion is better - but nothing of this is needed at all yet because the big threads die already.
>>
>>10659806
Underage b&
>>
>>10659783
What made /fa/ great was the unintended mix of humor, true-to-life advice and energy of the posters. The board fell off as an effect to these things getting tamped down by ego,too much obsession with "(insert the latest weekly haunt) - core" and grails.

It's the ebb and flow of things really.
I'll check back in after 2017 menswear showing next year.
>>
>>10665762
I agree with this.

I think it boils down to the board lacking culture. People aren't willing to invest time in researching designers/styles and, therefore, have nothing contribute. the board doesn't necessarily need original content. it needs new content, and, as >>10666069 said, better posters themselves.

A society doesn't create itself, the people do.

tl;dr the posters are what make this board trash, so we need to step up and get some creativity flowing again
>>
>>10659736
less skelly more gainz
>>
>>10659736
I haven't been to this board before, and I'll lurk if I actually feel like staying for some reason, but if I don't care about most of this fashion stuff, is the sticky enough not to dress like I'm looking for my tard wrangler?
>>
File: 1426282707906.jpg (81KB, 1023x572px) Image search: [Google]
1426282707906.jpg
81KB, 1023x572px
The thing that has killed this board and others like /sp/, /mu/ etc is this retarded redditcunt mentality of compartmentalising EVERYTHING in ultra specific niche generals and then congregating solely in those threads instead of making threads relating to a certain topic.

Generals
Ruin
Everything

The ONLY generals there should be are w2c and WAYWT, and maybe a hair general, and that's only because those are easily by their nature the most populous threads that have the potential to overwhelm the board otherwise. Even fuccboi general is not required.

Redditstains that have flooded in and completely diluted the culture of the board are attracted to these glorified subreddits. These crossposting fuckheads do not lurk and do not exercise discretion when they spew memes elsewhere on the internet. Reddit is not bad as a content aggregation method but as a culture building community it is dogshit and those that post there as if they are on/fa/ are at the apex of cancerdom.

/r9k/ and /soc/ tier posting (feels threads, facial aesthetics threads) have always been here but they were sporadic and not recurring places where an OP can assuredly get 299 replies and then restart the thread.

The cruellest irony is that a place like /r/malefashion has literally become BETTER than /fa/ simply because content that clearly doesn't meet aceptable standards can just be hidden and the poster discouraged from posting again until they improve.

Nobody fucking needs shit like /bhg/. Even casemods posting and australian tripfag circlejerk threads are better.

Browse the board as a whole as it was intended to be browsed and keep culture here if you want it to get good again.
>>
>>10659840
too many generals. we do not ned a white and asian and black hair general. we do not need THREE shoe generals. stop making those shit threads.
like what >>10666666 said
>>
>>10665762
>People shop based on a specific taste/style/aesthetic - not prices.

They should do both. What -core are construction worker Timbs? No core, that's why you see new threads getting opened all the time. People don't care about cores, they care most about whether or not to spend their limited monetary resources on something. I agree with you, I wish people would discuss styles and fashion itself more - but they just don't. I think we, the "oldfags" of /fa/, should embrace what /fa/ has become, instead of complaining about the kiddies and the redditors. Let's at least sort this board in such a way that we don't step on each other's toes, or what do you think?

>Threads with people in them who like Rick

There is a Rick Owens General. I think it's better that the generals intersect, then to have posts that fit nowhere and new threads cluttering up the board.

>>10666546
>The ONLY generals there should be are w2c and WAYWT

But we already had that and it didn't work. Have you seen /vg/? - amazingly coherent board, loads of content, literally generals only. Have you been to /fit/? Everybody agrees the greatest thread there is the Olympic Lifting General.

I have never posted on reddit, so I don't come from this standpoint. I just think that the same, old, recurring questions should be put in one place. Is it really a crime to create 10 threads (out of 100), and maintain them? You'll still have plenty of room to post any original thread - even more so when the "should I cop Timbs" threads are gone.

I would like to read a Cop or Not general, but 90% of the stuff there currently is for a high-school budget so I don't ever bother opening the thread. We also had wealthcore generals a year ago and they had loads of activity. This is why I think diving buying threads by price is reasonable.
>>
I miss Anorak
>>
>>10666915
Also, if you have alternative suggestions how to unclutter /fa/ - short of IP banning 80% of the posters, I'm all for it. I have no agenda here, nor am I trying to show that "my ideas are the best" - they aren't even my ideas. I just wanted to say that there is actually some thought behind it. All I want to do is invest some work to improve a place I like(d) spending time on - or at least try it.
>>
>>10659908
this is so true. feel like a bit of a victim but even though other forums are better at offering actual discourse these days, even if i generally prefer other forums and the people there, i still routinely check /fa/. i think i'm an optimist and have a lot of hope for this board still

>>10659879
it's actually amazing how much one person can make a difference on a board. on an anonymous board, one person can start to seem like a mass of like-minded individuals, and it's really possible to encourage a certain level of discourse. i've maybe "saved" a handful of /fa/ threads where i started posting a bunch of legit inspo or discussion when the conversation hadn't veered into circlejerking over "memetier" and "thinspo" and "tfw no gf" and frankly discourse-killing topics like that. and other people ended up imitating and following suit with content that paralleled what i'd already posted.

people are pretty impressionable and ultimately many people are willing to follow what seems to be existing board etiquette.
>>
>>10660420
> Anonymity and transience are the two greatest things. As soon as there is a name, there is an ego. If you bashed streetwear all the time, but suddently start to like it - you won't admit it, because it's inconsistent with the ego. Anonymity is liberation.

super agree. actually (confession) i used to trip when i first came on this board. it feels better not to. there is something freeing about discussing things here that i can't get on other fashion forums. there's no history attached to me, people don't know what fits and purchases and likes and dislikes i've posted before. i simply am who i am now. i can be a new person and look at fashion with a new eye.

going back to
>>10659908
i think this is why people always return to /fa/. even though
>>10660362
suggested that the minority of posters with "actual fashion interest" should be evacuated to somewhere else...i mean, i've tried other forums. my knowledge to learn there is appreciated. my desire to learn is satiated. but it's good that people browse multiple forums, if you don't you get very stagnant. you get exposed to different ideas and styles and approaches to fashion and you can bring all that back within a more informed mindset. i personally (and other posters might be the same) feel very happy with other forums and i know what they are, so it's not like i'm on /fa/ bc i have nowhere else to go.

with /fa/ you can be a new person every day and i think sometimes that's compelling in fashion, to try on different ideas and imagine your life as a raf guy if you are a rick guy right now.
>>
>>10659806
Here is the thing you need to understand about 4can. The current users are in a constant state of delusion. They will always reference the "Good ol' days" regardless of the board. The thing about 4chan is that is has NEVER been inherently great. It has been better, but never great. There will always be an influx of newfags regardless of what the outside world is doing and it will always be hard to tell the people who are actually knowledgeable from the people who are shit posting due to this fact. There is no established older user base because this imageboard encourages anonymity and those who do not participate in the anonymous culture (tripfags/namefags) are either insulted into oblivion or worshiped to the point of no return. Five years from now people will talk about "the good ol' /fa/ back in 2015 I remember NAHK, Trunks, Bateman ect".
>>
>>10660652
He was the hero /fa/ deserved, but not the one that we needed just then.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.