[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this company gave me a free american-made beanie because i h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

this company gave me a free american-made beanie because i have leukemia and they raise money for research
(i'm overage btw)

http://loveyourmelon.com/

but what i want to talk about is how can we use fashion as more of a force for good. right now it's basically the most selfish and egotistical industry in the world of "art" and unlike other forms of art, there's slave labor or something close to it often involved.

young people are usually healthy so they get to be petty and i used to obsess over colognes or hats and shit and now that i'm getting better i'm starting to care about the petty life again but the money in fashion goes to some really shitty people who do basically no good for the world. maybe that's fine because we're just consumers, but can we do more?

i bought a "meme" sweater on black friday and afterward felt so hollow that my money was basically going to some yuppie idiots because i wanted to have a laugh

be thankful for your health
>>
if you're /fa/, you are on the side of evil. It's just how it is.
>>
poorly disguised spam / 10
>>
>>10659320
i'm literally not affiliated with them, but if it raises money for my disease i'm gonna fucking plug it you dumbass
>>
>>10659301
talk shit post fit
>>
>>10659301
Marketers use cancer to drive sales?

Quite twisted ?
>>
Well, buy at trift stores than. Because this way all your money goes to poor middle-class store owners who struggle through their lives. ;^)
>>
Eh. Fashion just has a spotlight on it. Musical equipment is being made with slave labor. So are paints probably. Pretty much everything cheap is being made with slave labor. It's a universal problem and fashion gets an unfair spotlight put on it, especially considering that most designer shit goes to extreme lengths to clarify where it comes from and how it was produced.

Just don't buy fast fashion and you'll be good. Plus it all looks like shit anyway.
>>
>>10659323
enjoy your chemo, egghead
>>
Jews are now using cancer to shill?

Holy fuck.
>>
>>10659514
This is some wisdom.

Most shit nowadays is made with slave labor because, as a society, we're too fuckheaded to see the long-term ramifications of that. The drive to lower costs is admirable and good, but it results in disparities between business incentives and social incentives. There's really damn good legal literature arguing that it's the government's role to equalize those - i.e. economically penalizing bad behavior and rewarding good - but too many misinterpret it as a desire to punish industry qua industry.

>>10659301
You want my honest opinion?

Amend the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act to consider use of slave labor or child labor as a prima facie corrupt practice. This would continue the trend of extending US jurisdiction over foreign activity (we sure as hell are already doing it anyway) and would push the cost of compliance over to the companies that benefit the most from sketchy foreign labor. Penalize the fuck out of any violation such that (1) it's not economically viable to hire slave/child labor and (2) you pay for any added government structure you create and the added burden on Article 3 courts. Offer a whistleblower bonus to foreign nationals with proof of a violation leading to a conviction.

Bam, problem fucking solved. Retail would be sweating bullets.
>>
File: anger.jpg (24KB, 339x298px) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
24KB, 339x298px
>>10659301
>all those beanies and not a single one has just the heart without the ugly patch

It's like they don't want my money.
>>
>>10660971
Looks like the Comme des Garcons/converse heart. Pretty fresh. Would cop if they made it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.