[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up guys. Hung some heavy sweaters on coathangers last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Sweater.jpg (116KB, 734x734px) Image search: [Google]
Sweater.jpg
116KB, 734x734px
I fucked up guys.

Hung some heavy sweaters on coathangers last winter.
Took them out to wear recently and they are fucking ruined. The entire shoulder and top area is widened to hell.

Any way I can fix this?
>>
>>10657075
You may be able to re-block them after a wash. Read up on blocking knits.
>>
Dude just keep it off the hanger for awhile the damage won't be permanent
I did that a few years ago with my entire sweater collection
>>
>>10657075
>>10657154

>hanging sweaters

ya dun goof'd nig, bin it
>>
for the record, how should one store their sweaters?
>>
>>10657227
fold and put it in a bin or bag or lay it on a rack
never on a hanger
>>
>>10657162
You can still hang them, just do it by folding them over the hanger/not putting the hanger through the head hole
>>
>>10657244
That's still a bad idea.
>>
>>10657362
depends how thick the hangar is

but yeah at that point it's easier just to fold it and bag it
>>
Would you suggest folding to avoid what OP is going through?
>>
File: kjP5q3Y[1].jpg (847KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
kjP5q3Y[1].jpg
847KB, 1350x900px
>>10657362
Why?

There's not enough weight to cause it to stretch (well not for this 385GSM knit), and even if it does it's not going to change the shape of it
>>
>>10657540
yeah op's problem is caused by hanging
the coat hanger caused it to be stretched from the upper part of the knit
>>
>>10657075
>>10657235
>>10657244
>>10657462
>>10657540
>hanging your sweater
>folding your sweater
>year of our lord 1908+107 taking off your sweater ever

It's almost like you niggers don't want to stay warm.
>>
>>10657860
well when it gets 110 out i think its time to take off the sweater
>>
>>10657786
Enjoy your awkward vertical crease down the middle.
>>
A bunch of plebs, all of you

>pic related
>>
>>10658722
This is a lot of work for a storage method inferior to a dresser drawer.
>>
>>10658722
or just put in a drawer without being autistic.. o wait
>>
what are some good sweaters. willing to pay up to 100 euros. prefer about 50-75 though.
>>
>>10658722
could just fold the sweaters...
>>
Why do you hang them instead of folding them and putting on your shelf?
>>
>>10659461
>>10658722
>>
>>10657075
>>10657075
>>10657075

Hey man. I work in high end retail and this happens when we hang sweaters for a while, its a pain. The best way to get the "puckering" out of the shoulders is to steam it pretty heavily to relax the threads. you may have to work the steam down the front/back of the shoulders as the puckering comes from pulling the yarns through the knit up to the top, and you have to try and work them back down.

Id also of course recommend folding knits in a bag over the summer, something that can be sealed would be ideal as moths cant get into them.

Hope this helps!
>>
>>10658696
horizontal

and theres not enough weight to cause a crease
>>
is this an actual real problem. I always hang my sweaters and no problem yet
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.