[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the marked part hold, today? It's a page from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: FUssel.png (406KB, 765x701px) Image search: [Google]
FUssel.png
406KB, 765x701px
Does the marked part hold, today?

It's a page from the book I post below
>>
>>
>>10654591
No, clothes are cheap now. Before the RTW revolution, when garments and cloths toon a good chunk out of a normal persons pay check, the size of your wardrobe may have suggested status.
>>
>>10654591
See >>10654607

I can go blow a shit ton of cash at H&M, that doesn't suddenly elevate me to a classy position.
>>
>>10654607
>>10654616
I see what you're saying, but that alone doesn't imply it doesn't hold.
Independent of how affordable stuff is - it may well be that upper class people decide to actually wear more layers and lower class people don't.
>>
>>10654637
>Independent of how affordable stuff is - it may well be that upper class people decide to actually wear more layers and lower class people don't.
I do think you might have a very, very limited point: my experience with both upper-class and lower-class people generally indicates that the latter gyrate towards "t-shirt plus" outfits, whereas the former are usually raised to do a bit more than that. Most of my poorer friends, even in colder regions, will automatically toss on a t-shirt and coat in freezing weather, whereas my wealthier friends are much more likely to try to "dress up" for the weather.
>>
>>10654650
I now read up on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready-to-wear
and this all seems to have happend half a decade before that class book was written.

Also, what do you mean by "dress up" for the cold weather? What would they wear?

Also, are you sure you have a good grip on knowing when to label people lower and upper class?
>>
>>10654664
>Also, what do you mean by "dress up" for the cold weather? What would they wear?
Speaking broadly: cardigans under blazers and over dress shirts, etc. Basically anything that was an affirmative effort to dress up.

>Also, are you sure you have a good grip on knowing when to label people lower and upper class?
I'm going on socioeconomic status exclusively, and the delta between the people I'm talking about is huge.
>>
>>10654671
How come you hang out with both?

What line or work are you in, or who did you get to know them?
>>
>>10654679
>How come you hang out with both?
Why not?

>What line or work are you in, or who did you get to know them?
I'm an attorney and have connections.
>>
>>10654688
>Why not?
I didn't ask why but how. It leads up to the second question

>I'm an attorney
kek
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.