[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have $3000 and I need to buy a whole wardrobe of clothes for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: LSE_Logo.jpg (59KB, 707x252px) Image search: [Google]
LSE_Logo.jpg
59KB, 707x252px
I have $3000 and I need to buy a whole wardrobe of clothes for my next semester abroad.

I can shop in New York City, London or online.

Any suggestions?
>>
File: lel.png (106KB, 970x342px) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
106KB, 970x342px
ask /r/malefashionadvice or styleforum instead of /fa/

<--- this is who you are asking for advice otherwise
>>
Get high quality (not necessarily high priced) basics and then get some odd pieces to work into those.

Basics (my opinion, of course, but based on my own experience and reading various opinion pieces on basic menswear):

Footwear:
A pair of leather dress shoes, Brown or black
Casual leather shoes/boots
Canvas/suede/leather sneaker
Only wear running shoes for the gym, short shopping trips, or actual running

Get some warm wool socks, dress socks that match your dress pants and then some thinner black socks for everyday wear

Pants:
Well fitting, dark, solid color (no distressing) denim
Chinos in whatever colors you are comfortable with
Dress pants, charcoal, grey or navy
Shorts shouldn't be cargo and should be the correct length, usually around 19" inseam iirc, solid colors

Belts that match your shoes, leather, suede is ok too but uncommon and in my experience doesn't last long with frequent wear. But it could've been a bad experience.

Shirts:
Tees that fit you well, solid colors, no logos or graphics visible
Well fitting button ups, around 3 will do you, patterns are ok in casual wear
An OCBD, blue or white
V neck or crew sweaters, two or three in solid colors

Jackets:
A nice blazer, lighter color to contrast darker pants for occasions you don't have to wear a suit but be formal, khaki is popular, light grey is my personal favorite
A black or navy winter jacket that fits you well, a little larger if you intend to layer under
>>
File: 1434662054381.jpg (374KB, 1126x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1434662054381.jpg
374KB, 1126x1091px
>>10648190
lol i go to LSE im a third year undergrad AMA. oh, and dress dadcore/prep/like an autistic engineering student (asics, huge faded jeans, fleeces etc) to fit in.

it has broken me btw :')
>>
>>10648343
OP here. Are you gay? Do you live near Northumberland House by any chance? Do you have creepshots of an average LSE UG?
>>
>>10648343
starting economics there next year, what to expect?
>>
>>10648456
1. ;)
2. nah live up in camden. northumberland house is the one right by trafalgar square right? its small and virtually all postgrad tho so dont expect a wild time desu (even by LSE standards)
3. no but just imagine lots and lots of asians
>>10648480
ayyy i do econ history BSc
umm, first year depends a lot on what halls you're in desu but guess you havent heard that yet. generally speaking passfield (my old halls rip), rosebury and carr-saunders have more home students so theyre more fun/more like a normal uk uni experience socially, try and get one of those 3 if you can.
expect lots and lots of international students. dont try too hard/worry too much in first year, exams are easy and you dont need to finish first year with 5 internships under your belt; try and enjoy it, even if you see other people sweating their asses off over getting into goldman.
>>
>>10648480
oh and join the AU if you like banter
>>
>>10648499
>>10648523
cheers,i'm looking forward to it.
i'm an international student, is that a bad thing socially? do the home students stay with the home students? i went to an international school and did most of my courses in english and spoke to most of my friends in english.

also, what's the AU?
>>
>>10648539
you should be tbf, its easy to be cynical about LSE once youve been here for a while but even i wouldnt go back and change my decision. you get to live in one of the worlds best cities and you'll come out of it with a degree from a very respectable (employable uni).

>is that a bad thing socially
not really, LSE is one of the most internatonal unis in the world (70% or so international students?) so you'll be fine, especially if you can speak english, then you're basically the same as anyone else. people say there can be cliqueness along national lines but i havent experienced much of it myself.

AU = athletics union, basically if you join any sport societies at LSE then youre in the AU, they have messy socials every wednesday night
>>
>>10648596
sounds fun, I play rugby so I'll probably join that.
>>
>>10648636
lol rugby is the most banter of all

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-2786833/LSE-Rugby-Club-banned-misogynistic-sexist-homophobic-behaviour.html
>>
File: kcl-img.jpg (249KB, 766x584px) Image search: [Google]
kcl-img.jpg
249KB, 766x584px
>>10648499
>>10648480
>>10648596

LSE scumbags please leave
>>
File: strand poly.png (77KB, 559x78px) Image search: [Google]
strand poly.png
77KB, 559x78px
>>10648907
>>
>>10648190
Senpai just get some jogger pants, long sleeve tees, and some nikes
>>
>>10649276
Some inspo pic?
>>
File: 1.jpg (125KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
125KB, 600x900px
>>10649484
Look at this man. Jogger pants are IN. There's so many variations, and they're comfy as fugg. Look at some different styles with jogger pants yourself, and decide which one fits you :^))
>>
>>10649522
Lol
>>
>>10649276
>>10649484
dont do it op
>>
>>10649629
Fucking do it OP, you're at uni to get an education, so you wanna be comfy, not looking like you're about to walk the runway
>>
>>10649629
Lol ya i figured
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.