[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a better hair styling product than pic related? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: baxter_claypomade_900x900.jpg (58KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
baxter_claypomade_900x900.jpg
58KB, 900x900px
Is there a better hair styling product than pic related? What is /fa/'s GOAT hair product?
>>
semen
>>
can anyone tell me the difference between clay and paste?
>>
own, can confirm GOAT status
>>
so I used this up till now, It's great. But I just bought Hanz de fuko claymation to try it out.

Mistake?

I need very strong hold for my hair (thick, bit long)
>>
>>10645867
I have tried both and have found that the Baxter Clay Pomade has a bit more hold and lasts a bit longer the difference is small though. Other than that the only real difference is that I've found that the Claymation goes on more matte than Baxter. Both are solid products.
>>
>>10645991
cool thanks! ALso have you or anyone ever tried bumble & bumble sumotech?
>>
File: 31qyodUjY9L.jpg (13KB, 339x500px) Image search: [Google]
31qyodUjY9L.jpg
13KB, 339x500px
>>10643985
>>
>>10643985
>>10645205
>>10645867
Is the Baxter clay easy to wash off? Can you just rinse it off? I'm looking for something water soluble.
>>
Murray's pomade or kill yourself, senpai
>>
>>10647219
It is Oil based, but will come out pretty easily with a co-wash. If you want something that is easy to rinse, you should try Claymation.
>>
File: 10836601-1375113901-156184.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
10836601-1375113901-156184.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>
File: GatsbyAirRise.jpg (101KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
GatsbyAirRise.jpg
101KB, 400x400px
eheheh... desu
>>
>>10647219

well it gets a bit greasy if you put some over several days, and not great, you'll need shampoo
>>
>>10645190
Marketing bro. The main ingredient in this stuff is petrolatum, which is what Murray's is. You're paying like 10x more for pretty much the same petroleum jelly. The baxter has some extra oils for fragrance and better hold, but really its just a very thick and nicely scented Vaseline. It's pretty good, but isn't worth the price IMO
>>
Pic related is a million times better

>>10649383
I doubt that you ever used a clay pomade. Murrays doesnt only use sub par ingredients, it also gives significantly more shine, provides atrociously bad hold over time and fucks up your skin quite a bit.
>>
>>10649398
I've been thinking about getting this for awhile, how would you compare it to the other clays such as Baxter's, Claymation, or Uppercut's?
>>
File: duk.jpg (43KB, 704x515px) Image search: [Google]
duk.jpg
43KB, 704x515px
my wakkusu
>>
>>10650421
Hold is significantly better. Claymation and Baxter simply fall over the day. Problem is that its by far the most grippy of them, so if you have really thick hair it might be a problem. Apart from that it looks like a clay, not much of a difference. I personally think that its the easiest to wash out, though. However, I might be biased in that regard simply because you dont need to use a lot of it for your styling to last the entire day. Not being forced to apply a lot of product obviously results in an easier time getting rid of it. Still think its by far the best you can get for that amount of money (and in the 15-25 range).
>>
>>10643985
Itt: faggots
>>
>>10643985
I was going to buy that but got hanz de fuzo instead, will try this one next

hans de fuzo is great btw, i love that it doesnt have smell
>>
File: evomagento-baxt823ha-cr_4.jpg.png (217KB, 993x745px) Image search: [Google]
evomagento-baxt823ha-cr_4.jpg.png
217KB, 993x745px
>>10647219
You need shampoo to get it out, but I find it only becomes a problem after 5-6 days. If you do a super light shampoo every other day though it's pretty fine.

Alternatively, the hard cream pomade washes off entirely with water. I use the clay for shape, and finish styling with the cream to avoid the greasy effect.
>>
>>10649398

Murray's holds my hair in place all day and the next. I've also never had skin problems while using it.
>>
really more of a light hold but that's all I need.
>>
>>10652302
Then youre lying to yourself or simply have a hairstyle that is not promoting height. Its an oil based pomade that never locks in. It will lose height over the day no matter what you do, like all oil based pomades do.
>>
>>10650686
Do you recommend the Daimon Barber for keeping thick, curly hair in place when it comes to slicking it back?
>>
>>10652625
It definitely does a better job at straightening curls than any other clay, at least to my experience. It also holds hair in place and stray hairs are easy to control. However, due to it being on the grippier side it might be a bit hard to apply to thick, curly hair so it really depends on your hair and its strength. I never ripped out any hairs myself, though. That much I can tell you.

On a different note: if you just want your hair to be slicked back then you can also go with a cheaper product. The biggest plus of the No.4 is that is holds throughout the day, locks in and doesnt lose height. So unless you form a pomp or generally want height I dont think you NEED to buy an expensive clay product. You can just go for cheaper alternatives.
>>
>21
>hairline receding and thinning
Might as well kill myself.
>>
>>10652645
Thanks senpai much appreciated. Any recommendations for cheaper products?
>>
>>10652666
Lockharts Matte Clay always seems kinda cheap in comparison. Can get is for like 15 bucks I think.
>>
I don't like the smell of Baxter's but it's the only product that can shape my wiry ass jew hair
>>
>>10652646
Yep.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.