[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a suit in ATX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: iVGHaje.jpg (27KB, 484x860px) Image search: [Google]
iVGHaje.jpg
27KB, 484x860px
buying a suit today in Austin, TX. would appreciate any local shops or chains that have a good reputation. I'm 5 foot 8 and weigh 140 with slightly larger than normal hips so I assume massive amounts of tailoring will be required. Any general advice thanked.

Oh, price range is up to about 800.
And that pic is close to what I'm looking for.
>>
followup question, is it better to buy a 300-500 dollar suit from mens warehouse and spend the rest of the money on getting to tailored to all hell somewhere else.
>>
>>10641322
Just go to suit supply. The SA's at men's wearhouse are clueless and their stock is shit
>>
>>10641322
suit supply is the ONLY acceptable entry level suit
>>
>>10641326
This.

Also, tailoring will be required either way but be sure that you know what you want. Most tailors work for normies and don't alter things to look like your pic. You'll need to be adamant about having the cuffs/sleeves higher than normal and having the sleeves slimmed.
>>
>>10641328
yea, but the closest one to me is 150 miles away.
>>
>>10641344
And? Time to make an investment
>>
>>10641344
you can buy online you know
>>
>>10641354
yea, I'd like to be able to talk to an employee who knows what he talking about while buying it. Might just resort to getting in online then tailored.
>>
>>10641359
SS sales associates vary widely in quality and knowledge and have really idiosyncratic tastes that may or may not be what you want; though the common complaint is that they're too fashion forward so maybe it would've been good for you given your image in the OP

regardless since you already know the styling you want (super slim, tapered, short, etc.) you don't really need a sales associate. just find your size and read up on their fits and go for it with a tailor. they have a really easy (free) return policy too so if it's completely off just return/exchange
>>
self bump, going to get my suit now, ill post a picture when i get back. obviously it will be before it tailored.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.