[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving in a week from out of state to NYC, specifically Williamsburg/Brooklyn.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: Services-NYC1-300x225.jpg (35KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Services-NYC1-300x225.jpg
35KB, 300x225px
Moving in a week from out of state to NYC, specifically Williamsburg/Brooklyn. How is fashion different in NY vs. the rest of the US? Main thing I've noticed in the couple of trips I've made is just more black clothing.
>>
depending on the area, literally more jews and wacky niggas
>>
>>10639657
What state?
>>
>>10639657
More annoying. Lotsa Jews and trust fund kids. Kinda stupid tbqh
>>
>>10639666
>>10639681
Fashion is more annoying in NY? What?
>>
>>10639726
its not annoying, its funny. you see all the rich kids buying the meme pieces of the FOTM brand and their outfits are still shit. theyre either some cookie cutter fit from a magazine for just a mess. too young and too fast to understand sprezzatura
>>
>>10639726
No the dumb rick kids and jews are funny
>>
Also more wimmenz there
>>
>>10639743
Da fuq u talking about nigga? How many times have you actually been to the city? NYC is one of most prominent fashion capitals in the world. Any subculture, any genre exists there. Sure, there are kids who say to their daddies I want to buy this Rick coat, but it's definitely not all like that. Any day you see multiple people dressed in CCP or any other brand you can think of off the top of your head and it's pretty cool. Every store you are able to imagine is also there, too.
>>
>>10639763
wow chill out jew yorker, i just mentioned why it was funny
>>
>>10639769
>Jew Yorker
>Says Big Guy
>>
Lots of hipster in williamsburg. Last I checked it's rather safe compared to other parts of Brooklyn. What will you be moving here for?
>>
>>10639792
New job. Picked Williamsburg since it seemed most young/interesting crowd
>>
>>10639795
There's alot of stuff to do in NYC. Williamsburg isn't bad I know some people that have lived/live there. Although alot of the shit is in the city (Manhattan) it's mostly all good. Just stay away from the Bronx there's actually nothing good there.

The fashion in NYC is legit but you'll mostly see it in the richer areas (duh). Also at some colleges (read:NYU) where kids have mommy and daddy money. Lots of places to eat also
>>
>>10639819
How do/did they like Williamsburg? Also you seem to know a fair amount about the city, do you still live there? I'm young, had the chance to get a job here, I've got nothing tying me down and people always talk about how it's one of the best cities so I figured why not?
>>
>>10639873
I've lived in Manhattan for the past 15 yearslol. I know a fair amount about the city I guess. Everyone I know that lived in Williamsburg loves it. It's just a chill place. Brooklyn is getting more gentrified so it's alot safer than it was 10 years ago. The only thing about brooklyn is there aren't as many trains as manhattan.

Times Square sucks. It's literally just a tourist attraction.

It's a great city lots of places to shop eat, lots of gyms and entertainment value. It's a great city. Just don't go into the wrong neighborhood.
>>
>>10639888
Yeah I already know some of basics like avoiding times square lol. I'm just looking for fashion tips mostly
>>
>>10639657
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14jqZ-bVx3c
>>
File: 1409795882038.png (1MB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1409795882038.png
1MB, 919x720px
>>10639657

>williamsburg
>2015

jesus christ you are the fucking problem with this fucking city
>>
>>10639657

live in brooklyn as well

cuff your pants
have nice socks/no shows in summer
black and grey and white is now your entire wardrobe
boots in the winter or your poor tier
dont buy a herschel backpack
dont be a faggot white boy ruining the L train at williamsburg
>>
Don't mind the naysayers, they're just jelly they can't afford living here.

I live in Williamsburg, pretty chill place. Depending on where you live you're in the city in like 10 minutes it's almost the same as living there without the chaos but not as dead-boring inner Brooklyn cities.
>>
>>10640361
It's the best of both worlds imo
>>
NYC can suck a fat ass cock. Herb ass niggas.
>>
File: 1448329676036.jpg (531KB, 1200x948px) Image search: [Google]
1448329676036.jpg
531KB, 1200x948px
>>10640361

>what you williamsburgers all dress like
>>
File: 1402958964029.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1402958964029.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>10639657
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2WwCzaGo9c
>>
>>10639657
Fashion tip #1 don't live in Williamsburg, it isn't 2007 anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14jqZ-bVx3c
>>
>>10640381
Too fucking late, already signed the lease. Where in Brooklyn would you have suggested instead?
>>
>>10640395
Flatbush
>>
>>10640395
Chances are whoever is posting that video doesn't even nyc, and if they do, they're one of those "it's too mainstream let's move to the next hip neighborhood" faggots that'd end up living in freaking Coney Island.
>>
>>10640402
enjoy not going out after 5 PM
>>
>>10640395
Bushwick will be neue gentrification town by 2017 but if you hopped on now the rent range is still somewhat affordable. My part of Bed Stuy is sketchy as fuck (2 people shot in my subway station last week, etc) but everywhere is easily accessible from here and it's cheap
>>
>>10640402
LOL no way.
>>
>>10640413
I'm going to be paying $1150 right now for Williamsburg spot, with 3 other roommates, 2 bathrooms and its recently renovated. That was about $100-200 cheaper than other places I looked at in the area that were smaller and often not very nice. It was down to either Williamsburg or a park slope place that was $1200, but everyone said PS was for families with babies
>>
>>10640425
What's your stop?
>>
Seeing how most of your questions have been answered, all i can say is good luck moving OP
>>
>>10640348
Suggestions on boots?

>>10640452
Thx senpai
>>
>>10640448

>not the best part of Williamsburg
>implying there is a bad area

>>10640458

anything not gay... just wear whatever that's not fucking lame bro
>>
>>10640459
Haha not bad just not right on Bedford or anything
>>
black clothing/leather seems more popular here than the rest of the U.S.

Also, can wear stuff a little more 'out there' and nobody will bat an eye/call you out. If you're into more of the "not quite normal" fashion styles, you can actually attempt them in manhattan/brooklyn without being thought of as a freak.

That's about it.
>>
>>10639743
you're a fucking retard. kill yourself.
>>
File: IMG_20151124_011336.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151124_011336.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
>>10640459
These boots are what I have now, just gonna keep using them I guess since they're pretty plain
>>
>>10640483
And sorry for such harsh lighting on that. Fucking terrible LED lamp spotlights shit in white light and leaves the rest of the room dark.
>>
>>10640459
All of williamsburg is a shithole full of faggot memesters, 2Pleb to live in Manhattan
>>
>>10640425
Where did you find your roommates? And why are you deleting many of your posts?
>>
>>10640496
Sparerooms.com is were I found the apt. They were randoms, but I met them all and they seemed normal enough. And I delete posts for fun idk.
>>
New York isn't really that fashionable, outside of fashion week. There's just far too many people. But, you're right, memecore is the best way to go here, and you could try most of the pieces in stores, so you won't look like some /fa/ poster who's wearing shit that clearly doesn't fit them right.

Most of the styles trail off to SwagKids or "Drugdealer who buys sneakers to wear with his champion hoodie."

As for Williamsburg, from 2008-2012 it was a cool place, but you slowly realize how fake everyone is. It's still okay, I guess, but not really my vibe anymore. If you want to take a chick there, go ahead, the coffee shops are great. Most of the bars are full of annoying ass people who try hard to act relevant.

The guy who said Flatbush is right, anywhere where you could get drunk for cheap and find drugs on the cheap is best. You're not going to get jumped or anything, that's the Bronx and that's only if you're an idiot.
>>
>>10639657
>williamsburg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwGhPnsCjDg
watch out for musicians who've made it
>>
the only people who are fashionable in williamsburg are the ones who live in 10 mil brownstone houses

all the poorfags renting in williamsburg for some idea of hipsterdom and fashionability are deluded as fk
>>
>>10639657
in williamsburg bedford area you'll find a lot of workwear and more hipster/tumblr type stuff
soho and chelsea areas are more trendy / mainstream
everywhere else is manhattan is dressed about above average but nothing notable (above like 125th it becomes increasingly shittier)
never go to the bronx, fashion in queens is mediocre

have fun in nyc
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.