[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRAGRANCE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 38

Last thread >>10595300 hit 300
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.parfumo.net/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://surrendertochance.com/
http://theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
>>10637473
For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions give us as much information as possible.

Helpful info could include sex, price range, climate/season, age, style, use (work/clubbing), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.
>>
>>10637301
>Wearing Tuscan leather has changed my opinion. Before it was very boring and didn't do anything but I have fell in love with it by wearing it. Anyone have any opinions like that when you spray it on a card vs skin?
Definitely, I've even changed my opinions on perfumes based on wearing them around the house vs. wearing them out and about; you can really fall for a fragrance that way.
>>
I once was sent a sample that was labeled as Tea for Two by L'Artisan, lo and behold my surprise when I buy TfT and it's not remotely the same as my sample

Anyway the best way I can describe this fragrance is like a smokey sweet tea, a bit of vetiver in the dry down which is kind of similar to Haitian Vetiver's by Zegna. Any ideas?
>>
Ya te pasaste de vergas Shrek
>>
>>10637473
28 M NYC F/W Daily use or dates ~$200
don't know much about fragrances, I use CdG Man2 and enjoy it
looking of something subtle and distinct
any recommendations?
>>
>>10637564
Serge Lutens Gris Clair; also versatile enough to work in Spring and early/late summer
>>
>>10637531
dab sample or spray sample? I've noticed there can be some differences in how a fragrance smells depending on how it's actually applied
>>
best place to cop samples online? im in the netherlands
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 300x303px
Guys, i've always had a few scents i liked. lately i feel like it's time for something completely new but when i want to try a new one i get nauseaus after 2 perfumes.
So, if you could kindly recommend me something awesome, in order for me to know what to try on next time i'd be very thankful.

I'm female, 28, and i'd like to find a nice scent for work/everyday activities. For this purpose i like clean, fresh but still feminine perfumes. I'm open to invest quiet a bit if i find something i like.

So far my summer day scent was cerruti 1881 and for winter i went with ck euphoria. I like the powdery aspect of the 1881, the ck feels a bit too heavy and i have started to only wear it at evening. For that purpose i also like armani code for woman and deep red hugo boss. Now i need a replacement for daytime. Any ideas?
>>
Climate: Toronto, Autumn/Winter (cold and decently snowy)
Style: Basic uni student (OCBDs + dark jeans)
Use: Afternoon/evening wear

Looking for stuff that isn't heavy, dad-core. A slight-moderate enhancement of smell. New to this whole thing so planning on getting samples of stuff to see what I like
>>
What's a cheap winter edt (blind buy) to wear to work? I'm 19.
>>
Burberry London, La nuit de l'homme or D&G The One? Looking for something manly and young, not too strong but still a scent that can get you compliments from the ladies.
>>
>>10638129
Your own piss, by you
>>
>>10637748
depends on what you're looking for. designer and popular fragrances, just go to cologne/perfume retailers and ask to try things. no sample necessary. for niche frags, the only big EU company i know is 'first in fragrance' in germany. forgot the actual name in german.

>>10637761
i dont have a lot of experience with female-specific fragrances, but if i were you id look up things you like on fragrantica, then try looking through other fragrances that share notes or were created by the same 'nose' as your favorites. fragrantica is big though. basenotes threads are good for finding suggestions on a single note or type (such as 'clean,' 'fresh,' 'professional,' etc)

>>10638011
your info might be helpful to the OP who asked for it, but unfortunately i have an endless list of fragrances i could recommend. i suggest lurking luckyscent and looking at their sampler packs, and browsing threads on basenotes for a particular theme or note you are interested in.

apologies for the vague post. if someone said "i'm interested in rose" i would be able to rattle off like ten specific scents but 'winter' and 'professional' are too open
>>
Is Acqua Di Gio a meme fragrance now
>>
Posted in last thread before seeing the update.

>price range
$80

>age/style
22, youthful-fun yet mature (if that makes any sense)

>like/dislike
Partial to citrusy scents. I enjoyed and received most compliments from Acqua di Gio, but feel it's too common. Jimmy Cho Man and Issey Miyake have both been decent just lacking that little extra something. Also tried Dior Homme and it's Sport, regretted them for the price.
>>
>>10638322
Tuscan leather

You'll smell like a brick
>>
>>10638208
Okay thx
>>
>>10638324
...house?

I don't want to smell like a brick, and not just because I'm too skinny to pull it off.
>>
File: 1412537256690.jpg (455KB, 903x3725px) Image search: [Google]
1412537256690.jpg
455KB, 903x3725px
hey /fragen/, do you have any more pictures like this one?
>>
>>10638320
For about 20 years now
>>
>>10637761
See >>10636663

Also D'Orsay Tilleul and Hermes's Jardin series
>>
>>10638412
>house
naw nigga, a brick of dat yayo
>>
>>10638605
Tuscan leather smellin' like a brick
>>
Looking for good fragrances (and even deoderants (spelled that wrong))

-Male
-Cheap as fuck price range (like 20$ ish max)
-Climate: Ohio, autumn/ winter
-Currently in high school, so that's where I'd be wearing it.. also occasionally going out to eat or hang w/ friends
-Don't want something that's really strong or obvious
-At school we're required to wear a uniform (khaki pants/ solid colored polo), outside of school I usually wear jeans or jumpers with colder weather clothes (hoodies, knits, etc)

Sorry if I sound noob af
>>
>>10638662
It's because I am
>>
Looking for my first cologne. Male 23 climate/season:I kinda want something for year round. Use:everyday/work/going out. style:Rock n roll/workwear. I like mint a lot and want it to be not sweet smelling something manly I don't like original old spice kind of smell though
>>
>>10638720
Nautica Voyage
>>
I need some advice

23, female, I like fruity scents, I tried DKNY be delicious but there must be something better? The only other thing I have tried was an old gift and it was touch of pink (I know..)

It's summer in here, and I want this for an everyday use, my budget is around $60, I know most of you are guys but there must be a scent you like on a woman right?
>>
>>10637473
what's your opinion on eccentric molecule? rip as fuck?
thinking of buying iso super e myself and making a batch at home
>>
>>10638417
Do not take that infographic, nor any other one too seriously. Take them as stuff to try, and little else.
>>
File: 5555.jpg (81KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
5555.jpg
81KB, 640x427px
For a daily sceny for a 19 yo should I get Terre D hermes or Tom Ford Grey vetiver sampled both and cant decide.
>>
>>10639782
I like them both, but find TdH more interesting.
>>
Is there a list of cheap teenager fragrances that teenage girls love? Searched around a little and found recommendations for A+F Fierce and Curve, and also the "club scents" like Eros and One Million. Most of these seem pretty pricey though. So what's worked for you?
>>
Guys I dont know about fragrances but is One Million good?

What about Invictus?
>>
>>10639882
>>10639990
the DEFINITIVE meme fragrance is wonder wood
>>
>>10639882
>Most of these seem pretty pricey
>1 Million, Curve, other mallcore shit

No one show this Anon any Xerjoff, Amouage, Clive Christian, etc. pricing
>>
File: 324222.jpg (51KB, 533x414px) Image search: [Google]
324222.jpg
51KB, 533x414px
Summer is almost here. Should I pull the trigger on this right now? I want something for day adventures and nights at bars
>>
>>10639993
Nope. That would be La Nuit l`Homme from Yves Saint Laurent.

Tied second is Aventus Creed together with One Million from Paco Rabanne.

Wonderwood (one word) Comme Des Garçons is one I would place third, since it's more obscure. Tuscan Leather as well as Tobacco Vanille from Tom Ford is also there somewhere.

You're the shittiest namefag in quite some time.
>>
>>10638174
LNDL is probably you're safest pick, i've tried the one and la nuit and la nuit is more what you're looking for.
>>
>>10638662
Perry ellis red is probably the best sub 20 frag out there.
>>
>>10640024
>You're the shittiest namefag in quite some time
For you
>>
>>10640086
ty for being filter-able tho
>>
>>10640024
>literally only knows 3 fragrances
>CDG
>obscure

just stop
>>
>>10640170
I listed six fragrances.

I only said that fragrances from CdG are /more obscure/ than the ones listed above it in the list. I stand by that.

reading comprehension pls
>>
>>10640024
you can call private blend esp TV and TL memes, but they are only talked about often
they are not at the meme worthy cheap price
>>
File: costa-azurra.jpg (14KB, 260x258px) Image search: [Google]
costa-azurra.jpg
14KB, 260x258px
>>10637473
I went shopping for my first fragrance with a friend, and we decided on this after testing a lot of different fragrances. I like it a lot, but apparently it's not rated very well, and the projection/siliage is not too good, especially now that the weather is colder? Should I be worried?
>>
>>10640363
ive never liked it

ive sampled almost all of the TF line and desu all of the blue bottles smell like shit or you cant smell them for very long after applying

neroli portofino makes for a rad layering fragrance
NP + TV = really nice

this is a summer fragrance if anything- oud wood would be a better more similar option for the colder weather

azure lime(i dont like the drydown) and venetian bergamot may be something you like, and theyre similar that they're kind of citrus-y but thats about it in terms of similarity

IMO, if you were to buy a TF private blend fragrance it'd have to be one of the memes(Tobacco Vanilee, Tuscan Leather) because those have unmatched longevity and silage
Noir de Noir and Plum Japonais are pretty good as well
completely away from what you originally wanted, but just spray yourself on the wrist and walk around trying it on because if you used a card some smell better than they are or worse

if you wanted to one frag on each wrist and on the inside of each arm gets you 4 you can sample in one day if a neiman marcus or sak's 5th is far from your house or you dont want to wait very long
>>
>>10640382
>you cant smell them for very long after applying

Yeah I think i have this problem. What can I do?

I don't think I tried most of the other TF frags but I was told that the blue ones are the only ones that smell youthful. I tried a few others and they were a little bit "strong" or deep, if that's the right word.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I will check them out last time.
>>
>>10640421
yeah all of those will be warmer(most likely taken as stronger)

most common solution to poorly lasting fragrance is applying unscented lotion to where you plan to spray and spray on top of the lotion so it stays longer on you
ive never used it because my frags last plenty long without it so i cant confirm how well it works

ive never considered fragrances to have an age requirement
you like it or you dont in my opinion

people will say the warmer fragrances are older scents and the more fresh, aquatic, etc are more for younger people, but something like rive d'ambre reminds me of an old chinese man just me(might have to relook at that one)

i just use fresher fragrances in the summer because they work better there and warmer fragrances in the colder months
>>
Non-offensive, non-mem frag that teenage girls at parties will like?

By non meme I just mean not 1 million, most stuff would be fine
>>
>>10640676
Girls love meme-frags, though. That's why they're memes. If your target audience love memes, just embrace embrace the memes.
>>
>>10638609
>>10638324

Only if he's a degenerate though (but even Ellen loves that shit).
>>
File: nd.647.jpg (53KB, 300x317px) Image search: [Google]
nd.647.jpg
53KB, 300x317px
21 years old
Average price range
Rather cold price range (Western Europe)
Student style (think raw denim and leather boots)

Am an absolute noob in identifying notes but I've been approaching men who smell good to ask what perfume they're wearing.

Looking for a rather masculine smell. Things I liked were:
Sauvage by Dior,
Au Fraiche pour L'homme by Versave (especially the mid and base notes)
Attitude by Armani (literally dad-tier)

Been using One Million one and off but it's getting generic.

Absolutely hate old men stuff like Versace L'homme (like pic related)
>>
>>10637613
Not him but would Amazon be a good place to get Serge Lutens?
>>
>>10641181
Fragrance.net has it the cheapest I've found ($60 with a coupon) and they are a reputable site. Also have some L'Artisan for about $75 and Creed about $150.

If you are familiar with Fragrance, they also have some Serge Lutens for slightly more
>>
>>10641283
>you are familiar with Fragrance
I meant Fragrancex.com
>>
>>10640170
>expecting people that use the term "meme fragrances" to know what they're talking about
>>
>>10640837
>I've been approaching men who smell good to ask what perfume they're wearing
kek

bet they thought you were hitting on them
>>
>>10639782
TdH is more suitable for ages 30+ I think
>>
>>10641453
Not hardly, early-mid 20s is fine. Regardless, Grey Vetiver is an "older" scent imo
>>
>>10638174
I'm also deciding between london and la nuit. I'll probably go with london though, because it's a lot cheaper. €35 for london 100ml, €40 for la nuit 40ml.
>>
What do you guys think about:
-Issey Miyake Nuit D'issey
-Montblanc Legend

Also, has anyone tried John Varvatos Dark Rebel? Regardless of the name, I'm curious what and if it smells any good.
>>
>>10641532
nuit d'issey is underrated
mont blanc legend is garbage, only solid mont blanc release is individuel, which is heavenly and underpriced
>>
File: IMG_20151124_143037.jpg (2MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151124_143037.jpg
2MB, 2368x3200px
>go to Müller today (german drug store)
>smell Burberry London
>think it smells like a 'darker' Kenzo pour homme
>dad likes Kenzo pour homme
>decide I want to buy it for him as a Christmas gift at a later point
>two immigrants, decked in '100% authentic' Fendi walk in
>employees eye them
>they walk through the fraquence lines
>one takes tester of some frag and sprays 7+ sprays to his neck
>the other one looks uncomfortable
>Hugo continues his Mission
>grabs Diesel Fuel of Life
>again over five sprays, this time on his palm
>palm, not wrist
>walks out
>one employee zo another: "So kann man sich das Duschen auch sparen"
>>
>>10640454
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out. I'll keep in mind what you said too about warmer scents the next time I'm looking for a new fragrance. much love <3
>>
>>10641552
Why do you think MB Legend is garbage?
>>
>>10640788
Which memes though? I don't want to smell like their ex
>>
>>10641568
Were they afghanis? They are the least /fa/ immigrant group.
>>
>>10640676
Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme
>>
>>10641181
Amazon is only good if it's actually sold by Amazon itself
>>
>>10640363
Don't worry. I'm sure wherever you bought it has a great return policy. This is why I like to get samples and give prospective scents a few full wearings, so I can see how it performs and if I like all its stages, etc. My nose gets overwhelmed if I try to smell more than 4-ish frags in a go, coffee beans be damned.
>>
>>10640363
>apparently it's not rated very well

So? Disregarding other factors for a moment: if you like it, buy it. Most people are plebs by definition anyway.
>>
>>10643609
>Don't worry. I'm sure wherever you bought it has a great return policy.

Even if I've sprayed it a few times?!

And thanks for the advice, I'll be aware of that next time :)

>>10643671
>So? Disregarding other factors for a moment: if you like it, buy it. Most people are plebs by definition anyway.

True, and I am unfamiliar with fragrances anyways. I'm just afraid that nobody can smell it (maybe it is just my nose getting used to the scent after a while) but I guess I am being paranoid. It must at least be up to a certain standard before they would sell it.
>>
how do i know which fragrance to wear when? like how do i differentiate a winter day time fragrance from a date night one?
>>
>>10643800
strength is what differentiates day/night

you wouldnt wear something that the whole office could smell you before you got out of your car to work
okay you wouldnt wear that in any situation but im exaggerating

winter is a little more lenient for picking what to wear in my opinion
you could get away with any warm fragrance for day/night just try not to get too strong for the day time

summer you can tell it gets overbearing really quick
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (76KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
76KB, 600x408px
Is 4711 eau de cologne any good? I cant afford neroli portofino

apparently Napoleon wore it?
>>
>>10643812
if its anything like NP you probably shouldnt get it
unless you like smelling like soapy water
>>
>>10643817
i like np
>>
>>10643808
do you know why stronger scents are fine in winter or at night? is it something to do with the air temperature?
>>
>>10643826
the summer heat gives a lot more silliage to the fragrance and you will be smelled across the room if you wear a strong fragrance in hot weather
>>
>>10641306
But I didn't use that term.

reading comprehension pls
>>
>>10641568
Lol. Müller is where I saw the guy give himself 10 sprays of Dior Homme. Must be a thing there.
>>
I read through this thread and looked at the luckyscent essential packs.
Think I'm gonna get the unisex sampler after looking through reviews of most of them.
Does anyone have experience with the samplers? Should I try the masculine pack instead?
>>
Man
I don't have a lot of money, maybe 100 dollars
Summer (its really hot here)

I want something like fruits but manly, nothing 'minimalistic'
Help, I've used shitty fragrances since a long time and I need some recs
>>
>>10643800
There are no rules set in stone about what you can wear when. Wear what you like, when you like, and own it, bearing in mind not overdoing application if you're going to be around people.

That said, warmer weather scents tend to be lighter and fresher, as people wear less clothing and scents tend to project more in the warmer air. And winter scents tend to be warmer or richer as they have to project through more layers of clothing and winter air tends to swallow smells up. Air molecules moving faster in heat, slower in cold, etc.

And as far as day/night, yes strength has something to do with it, but you can control that with application. Some scents just feel more appropriate for some situations. Like would you wear a something that smells like cotton candy to a funeral? Or would a a high powered CEO smell like bubble gum at an important meeting? Just like clothing, there are frags that fit better at work and play.

But again, if I feel like it, I'll wear A*Men or Musc Ravageur to work on occasion, but I'll only wear a spray or two.
>>
w2c fragrance cheap online (EU)?
not samples, I already know what I want, I was just wondering if there are any good places that sell genuine stuff for cheaper than retail stores
>>
What are some good long lasting colognes? Every one i've bought wears off after an hour or two
>>
>>10644528
axe
>>
>>10644096
The unisex pack seems more interesting to me, too, and at least a few of those definitely lean masculine if that was a worry

Otherwise, I've bought samples from Luckyscent before and haven't been disappointed as far as service goes, and even at 0.7 mL, it should give you enough wear time to make your mind up about a scent (~5 days, applied once a day)

They aren't sprays though so there might be slight differences in the opening/top notes once you actually cop a bottle, but nothing to make you regret the purchase
>>
File: image.jpg (355KB, 1500x1496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
355KB, 1500x1496px
So I went to Sephora and tested Gucci Made to Measure (pass) and Burberry Brit, which I really liked. The notes are different from what i have and I love the ginger. Might cop, tell me what you guys think about it
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 600x600px
Just blind bought for $10 because why not
I liked the wedding theme they tried to go with and the composition is unique.
>>
>>10644988
Brit is very solid and hard to beat at that price point. it's spiciness is similar to eternal meme La Nuit de L'Homme but imo more versatile and complex on the whole. also, as someone who dislikes rose, one of the few frags to integrate rose well into its composition at any price for either sex
>>
File: il_570xN.707502677_igg9.jpg (54KB, 570x437px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.707502677_igg9.jpg
54KB, 570x437px
Guys - should I wear something? I'm pretty sensitive to scents (I have a hard time walking down the laundry aisle). Everything thing I wear is non scented (clothing washed unscented, unscented soap, though my shampoo does smell but not overly.) I don't particularly like scents on other people, unless it's super subtle. I wouldn't know how much to put on to have it last all day. The two guys that have nice scents, one I think is a cologne and the other is just his clothes. (He uses way too much laundry detergent, but it does smell nice.)

I like this shop on Etsy and was thinking of trying:
>Winter Kitty - (snow, comforting sweet musk, amber, woodsmoke)
>Decadence & Debauchery - (bold, tobacco, unisex, glamorous, sexy)
>Astral Projection - (dreamy, soft citrus, herbal, lavender, relaxing)

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/55575131/natural-perfume-oil-samples-mini-mix-and
>>
>>10644988
Do girls like pic related?
>>
>>10645319
I was taking you seriously until I realized you used the word "meme" to describe something.

>>10645485
I would suppose so, it doesn't take something extravagant for a girl to like it, even something shitty like Curve for Men would do it. Girls have liked some of the other stuff I've worn so I think they'll like it too. Although that's not why I wear fragrances but it's a plus.
>>
>>10645513
>I was taking you seriously until I realized you used the word "meme" to describe something.
Lighten up, Killjoy. Re: La Nuit, it's a term of endearment.
>>
>>10645366
nice viral marketing m8^)
>>
File: 60885M.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
60885M.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
Blind bought London and I love it
>>
>>10645783
After I looked into Brit, I heard people say London was better. But I already have tobacco fragrances so maybe I'll just pass on this one.
>>
>>10645774
Thanks, but I'm actually wondering if those would be any good. I'd like to have a nice scent (opposed to my unscented everything), but not sure if it's worth it. Do guys like women that smell nice? As a woman, I can take or leave a guy with cologne. I also have a BodyShop close by, which isn't really the same quality as her stuff (I've bought the lip balms and quite liked them).
>>
>>10645810
A lot of girls use synthetic shit. My friend used this one dab on garbage that gave me a headache. I told her too and I think she stopped wearing it. There are tons of good cheapies for women but we must likely don't know as we're all men of course.
>>
>>10645817
So basically don't bother spending the money? Basically I want to be pretty and attractive. I'm going through my wardrobe and updating that. (Essentially jeans+tshirt...) I do little to my hair, but get lots of compliments on it. No make up, but I make an effort to wear pretty earrings. I work out, so my body is in good shape. Just trying to fill in any gaps.
>>
I love the La Nuit de L'Homme EDT, should I get the EDP?
>>
>sex
F
>price range
Doesn't matter.
>climate/season
A/W, and I guess summer nights as well
>age
>notes
Incense (!!), musk, spices. Something that might remind one of a Persian bazaar.
>families
Oriental, warm spicy.

Basically I'm looking for an oriental scent that's not too heavy. Nothing like, say, Opium by YSL, but a bit more like Ambre Gris by Balmain (yet more feminine and less woody).
>>
>>10645833
Nothing wrong with having a nice fragrance. Go to Sephora or some department stores and sampling the stuff. Then go on fragrancenet, lilydirect, or any website and buy it for cheaper.
>>
>>10644128
Bump cause this
please respond
>>
>>10638282
The company is called Douglas, they have a store in each city. Best wishes from Germoney and friends.
>>
>>10645994
This, also there's Ici Paris XL.
>>
>>10645949
Thank you. Closest Sephora is quite a ways. I'll check it out next time I'm in the area.
>>
>>10644988
Of Touch, Weekend, Brit and London, for Men, the only one I've liked is London. And I like London a lot. I only tend to wear it around the holidays however, but tomorrow is Thanksgiving so I can't wait.
>>
>>10646418
Not looking for something that's too seasonal, I have several enough I barely use as it is. I've never smelled London. I heard its great but very shortlived. I can still smell Brit on my arm from this morning. The rose is a nice touch, it seems kind of "boyfriendish" to me, so that's good too.
>>
>>10646431
I'm glad you like Brit. To me, it had a weird artificial note like SweeTarts candy that disagreed with my nose. London really is great in any colder weather; I just associate it with the holidays, with it's boozy, spicy tobacco. And I get great longevity from it.
>>
>>10640019
Well I bought it blindly anyway. Pretty good
>>
I know its kinda late now, but what scent says "Thanksgiving"?
>>
Debenhams are having a sale on all fragrances today btw. 16% off.
>>
File: dior sauvage.jpg (54KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
dior sauvage.jpg
54KB, 300x450px
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>10647046
Apply gravy and booze behind each ear
>>
>>10645872
Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

lacks Incense and musk tho
>>
>>10647274
Meh. Probably still not as cheap as testers.
>>
Chanel Allure Homme, Dior Dior Homme Intense, Chanel Bleu de Chanel, CDG 2, or Hermes Terre d'Hermes for a fall/winter signature scent?
>>
>>10645783
This stuff is great, but it's occasional.. (actually wore this today)... winter holidays and really cold days this shit is the stuff mang. Also great for dates in the winter
>>
guys I'd really appreciate some input on Odin 01 vs CB i hate perfume. Anyone with experience plz respond...

Also, my daily wear is Versace pour homme, it's really subtle and smells clean
>>
Anyone own Tuscan Leather?
I have a sample, and I'm getting pretty disappointing results for longevity.
I'm not really sure if its olfactory fatigue because my Noir de Noir is still very present, but not the TL(applied at the same time)
>>
Anyone have a longer lasting fragrance like light blue that they'd recommend?
>>
>>10649215
Definitely not light blue, but when fragrance shopping I opted for Versace man eau fraiche and bleu de chanel
>>
anyone have bleu de chanel?
>>
>>10649227
I do, I don't like it
>>
>>10641568
is burberry london really similar to kenzo pour homme?
>>
>>10649085
Dior Homme Intense isn't really a scent you can wear often enough to be a "signature," at least how I see it (Dior Homme is better anyway).

Haven't tried Allure Homme, but of the rest I rate CdG 2 > Terre d'Hermes > Bleu de Chanel. Always sample, but in this case especially so since some are put off by the aldehydes in CdG 2.
>>
>>10649227
I know Bleu has meme status and most everyone likes it, but first time I tried it, despite the great opening that was all the good people talk about it, after some 20 minutes it evolved into something I didn't like at all, I don't know which of its notes was but it really dissapoint me. Sampled it with Allure homme sport, which was great all the way, a lemon pie in the best sense.
>>
YSL La nuit 60ml or the 100ml frozen version?

The frozen version is just slighty more than the 60ml but still it's 40ml more but I hear it doesn't have the same performance.

Which one do guys think its worth it?
>>
>>10649512
>slighty more

I mean the price, that's why I don't know if it's worth it to get the 60ml or not.
>>
>>10641568
truly, fugees are ruining europe
>>
>>10649512
If you own one, don't bother with the other. The opening is different but that's it.
Frozen is for spring/summer, regular is for fall/winter
>>
>>10649549
i had la nuit and i really liked it but it's gone now. so, would you pick the frozen then? 40ml more and it's basically the same price.
>>
>>10649556
No reson for me to get frozen since I have regular la Nuit. If you want something for the current climate get the regular, or hold off and get the Frozen if you want a la nuit for hot weather. But if you want the frozen to use for fall/winter then no, because it's made for hot weather so it'll work better under such conditions.
Hope that makes sense.
>>
k what's the deal with fragrancenet
i heard sometimes they send you used/old bottles, t or f senpai?
>>
>>10649606
i bought 2 bottles from them and both of them came sealed
>>
>>10649648
thx team

just dropped my barely touched bottle of Pi and i'm not about to pay retail for another one

also buying Mugler cologne because i'm a dainty little femboy ^__^
>>
>>10649606
they sell testers, too, so be sure to make the right selection when adding a fragrance to your cart/checking out
>>
>>10649672
>>10649648
why does literally everyone online say they're fake?
is this just normies being normies?
>>
>>10649678
no idea
my fragrances smell exactly how they smell in store(sephora and respective boutique)

my sister also purchased lipstick from them and its the same as what she paid retail for from the same brand
>>
>>10649678
I don't know. Where are you reading this? I've only known them to be reputable; maybe when they first started they were shit.
>>
>>10649678
>normies being normies
Could be. Normies picking the cheaper and usually higher volume tester option and blaming the store for their ignorance.
>>
>>10649683
>>10649696
>>10649703
just did a google search, to be fair most of the comments were girls ordering katy perry fragrances and thinking they were 'watered down'
just placed my order, lets hope for the best
>>
>>10649706
Cool. Report back if any shady shit goes down. Gonna likely cop Fou d'Absinthe from them soon
>>
Opinions on Versace l'homme?
>>
Rec me my first fragance /fa/.
I'm 21, university student, style mostly basic male bitch? I guess sort of mfacore, tho I also like palewave, price:below $80 ameribuxxx.

I like lavender, but I want something that ladies would like and that I can wear everyday and occasionally to dates and nights out.
>>
Rate my collection lads

I know it's full of memes but whatever. My favourites are Chanel Allure Edition Blanche, TdH, Dior Homme and Gucci Pour Homme II.

Pretty difficult to get a good collection here in Finland, most stores don't carry anything higher priced than Chanel or YSL.
>>
What can I wear to not smell terrible after a long day's work?

I want to wear something that isn't just some form of high-school spray deodorant.
>>
>>10650570
Eau de L'Occitane
Armani Code Special Blend
Prada Luna Rossa
>>
Comme des Garçons Wonderwood

100ml for €95, good price?
>>
>>10647356
>Thoughts on this?
>>10647356
>>10647356

I'd like too know as well. Both what op pictured and the cheaper deodorant.
>>
>>10650748
A lot worse than the other eau savages. I'm definitely not the only one who says that, just Google
>>
File: 41DyJ8EkBIL._SY400_.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
41DyJ8EkBIL._SY400_.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
You guys getting something for Black Friday? What about this for $12? Is it any good?
>>
>>10650733
No. ~85€ Is the going rate for wonderwood.
>>
>>10650643
About as good as you can do staying strictly mainstream designer-tier.
>>
>>10650764

Relaly? I got a sample of it recently and it smelled great. Lasted quite long too.
>>
searching for a sensitive, teasing scent, very "intellectual", i want something sweet, any suggestions?
>>
File: original_CW.jpg (47KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
original_CW.jpg
47KB, 800x800px
got this as a present

good or crap? for perspective i'm a guy who wears old spice and knows fuck all about fragrances
>>
>>10650766
makes me think of that episode of everybody hates chris where rochelle starts selling perfume lol
>>
>>10651024
Diptyque Volutes eau de toilette
>>
>22
>F
>slackercore ???

I have no idea what I'm doing. I just want to smell cozy desu senpai.
>>
>>10651073
that name is halaris
>>
>>10651082
Not sure what you're getting at. Should I pass?
>>
>>10651073
Actually decent for a cheapo celeb scent
>>
Blind bought Issey Miyake's L'Eau d'Issey pour homme for australian summer.

How much will I regret it?
>>
Need help

>Male in his early 20's
>Florida (so essentially summer/spring all year round)
>daily wear for college classes
>I wear clean cut basics a lot because Florida is so hot (dark jeans, plain tees, casual shoes)
>demeanor: ENTJ, working STEM professional but kind of laid back, into weightlifting, etc.
>price range is flexible but the less expensive, the better

Here's the kicker: I'm usually a little sensitive to scents. I get headaches or my eyes water. I can't wear a lot of things that are very overpowering. I haven't worn cologne much in the past because of this and much of my stuff has gone bad with age.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
>>
>>10650748
It's one of those things that, while it's not /bad/, it's not good. It's just painfully average and "okay". I don't regret owning it, but I'm not that glad I own it either. I don't know if that makes sense.
>>
File: flashback.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
flashback.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
So guys, what's your biggest bust of a buy?
Pic related is mine. After sniffing about 4-5 scents, you have to ban yourself from spending any money that day.
>>
>>10651654
Fell for the Aventus meme

Copped a small sample, liked it at the time and got compliments, so I sprung for a bottle. Now I can't stand it. Overly sweet pineapple + pencil shavings and its nauseating
>>
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paco-Rabanne-Million-Eau-Toilette/dp/B002XQ1X4G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1448653232&sr=8-3&keywords=paco+rabanne+1+million+100

Anyone tried this one? It is on offer right now, and I am debating over it...
>>
>>10651833
No I don't think I've heard of that one. Great bottle design though, it's clever. I'd go for it.
>>
>>10651654
I'll trade you my Flashback bottle for the Aventus. Mine's basically full.
>>
>>10651833
nice bait.
>>
>>10651833
>>10651892
where have u guys been
this is like biggest meme ever

imo smells really nastily sweet not a good fragrance
if you just want to club and impress the normie girls this gets the job done
>>
oops >>10651899
meant for >>10651805 trade offer open, if you're in Germany or something.
>>
>>10651805
At this point the only reason I haven't sold my Aventus is because it looks good on my fragrance shelf. I liked the first time I used only.
>>
>>10649538
Was on an elevator with a woman in a hijab the other day, she actually smelled pretty great.
>>
>>10651437
l'eau d'issey is like the king of 'meh' fragrances for me.
i cannot for the life of me figure out how people love that scent, i even love YSL L'homme which is certainly nothing exciting and l'eau d'issey still smells bland to me
>>
>>10650766
I have Jovan Musk and it's a bit soapy for my tastes, but I've never smelled White Musk. If you are looking for something ultra cheap that you can buy at a drug store, I highly recommend Tabac Original. I freaking love this stuff.
>>
>>10651466
Man you got a couple strikes against you: frag sensitive and in a tropical humid climate. Here are some lighter recommends:

Agua Lavanda
Équipage
Mugler Cologne
Set Sail St. Barts for Men
Tabac Original
>>
>>10651437
Personally I tend to agree with >>10651934 . It has a strange musty aspect to it that I don't care for, but we are in the minority. It is incredibly popular and you will likely love it. But blind buys are always a gamble.
>>
>>10651981
to weigh in on this, mugler cologne is a very soapy and very light scent that lasts a long time. buy this if you want a 'fresh out of the shower' scent all day.
set sail st barts is commonly compared to creed's virgin island water, so if your price range is flexible and you think you like what it has to offer, DEFINITELY check out virgin island, one of my personal favorites.
>>
>>10651437
I have it and love it. I think it's very unique, I have never smelled a cologne quite like it. I'm sure most people would agree. It used to last long on me, now it doesn't. I don't know why this always happens. Maybe I just get used to the smell.
>>
>>10652049
Olfactory fatigue doesn't just effect you over hours, it can happen when you have a "signature scent" that you wear day after day.
>>
>>10652071
So that's why you can't smell your house unless you come back from vacation.
>>
how safe of a blind buy would you say un jardin sur le nil is?
>>
Whats a good bodywash to use with cologne that doesn't interfere with the scent
>>
>>10652194
dove sells nice unscented bodywash
>>
>>10652192
Not very safe, while listed unisex it's definitely on the feminine side of unisex with a big juicy rose note present
>>
>>10652246
would you describe it as more fruity, green or floral or is it such a mixture that it's impossible to give headway to any particular accord?
>>
>>10652417
Fruity > floral > green

That rose is strong (to me anyways) and accents the fruitiness of the scent, making it slightly more prominent, but it's fairly balanced among those three accords otherwise
>>
>>10652450
thanks a lot for the tip!
>>
>>10651981
Thank you! These all seem great. Much appreciated.
>>
>>10651833
Never even hear of it, must be a rare niche.
>>
Rec me a cheap fragrance for a hot summer.
I want a fruity smell, but I'm male.
>>
>>10652730
price range
>>
>>10652730
joop
>>
>>10652812
Actually I don't care about price.
>>
Looking for some recommendations for daily use.

It's for my boyfriend, since his old scent (polo sport) ended and he hasn't tried anything new.

We went to try ch men and la nuit l'homme, he liked la nuit better but it's more of a date fragance than a daily one right.

Would you recommend another fragance for daily use/not for dating but memorable?
Summer, third world country, so no niche fragances unfortunately
>>
File: teddyboi.jpg (78KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
teddyboi.jpg
78KB, 700x1000px
>>10639782
TdH is lovely but isn't necessarily 'easy' to wear simply owing to its strength/projection and distinctiveness.

Having said this, though, it's ultimately up to you as to whether or not you think you can pull it off in a casual way.

Honestly to me Grey Vetiver is a very mature scent, and I don't even usually go in for talking about age ranges on fragrances, but for some reason when I smelled it, it just instantly made me think of Ted from Breaking Bad: older, slightly distinguished guy.
>>
File: neroliportofino.jpg (156KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
neroliportofino.jpg
156KB, 1425x1425px
>>10652730
>>10652917
My GOAT summer fragrance is Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford.
That stuff is just fucking incredible to me, don't care how expensive it is.
>>
>>10653109
Dior Homme Sport
Givenchy Play Sport
Armani Code Ice
Victorinox Swiss Army
>>
>>10652917
you said cheap in the original post BUT aventus is certainly a top summer contender, despite its meme status, very beautiful fruit notes with black currant and pineapple .
un jardin sur le nil, as discussed above, is very fruity but is not what i'd describe as manly, if that matters to you.
milliseme imperial is another expensive one, also fruity, very summery with nice salt and beach accords with a very natural smelling watermelon.
diesel's fuel for life has a nice raspberry smell, but some say it comes off as synthetic and juvenile. i agree on both accounts, but i still enjoy the occasional wearing, can also find it fairly heavily discounted.

look around these and see the recommendations on fragrantica, hope this helps
>>
>>10653172

dude are you fucking serious? pinatas have been around for ages, i should know because i got Glover from one. and to answer your question, i'd say the pregnant guy in the cape has a bigger dick
>>
>>10653201
Dude what?
>>
>>10653620
Perhaps it's that dude from past threads that was eating perfumes, maybe it finally got to him.
>>
hey /fra/!
best fragance for everyday use that can still be used for dates.
>>
>>10654223
GIT
>>
>>10654223
I'd make a case for Dior Homme. It's not ideal, though. It's Intense flanker is better for dates, and DH is not for warm weather. But it's gorgeous.
>>
>>10654654
For summer I use Creed Memeus then for fall/winter dior homme intense probally going to switch because it's not that very strong and doesnt last long but love the smell. Wearing on dates or night out I wear Tom Ford Noir de Noir.
>>
>>10654223
2nd >>10654654 for DH.
Also check L'instant de Guerlain (not extreme, probably).
>>
So I've been wearing HUGO by Hugo Boss for about a year now since I got it from my ex who went to a department store and chose what she liked the most. I know it isn't a very nice frag I don't really like it and never have but I have gotten compliments from it quite often.

Looking for something on a pretty slim budget, Australia, just going into summer so super hot and humid all the time.

I like the idea of having a signature fragrance something that i'd wear every day for at least the whole summer and always smell like ya know?

Currently considering Versace Pour Homme and Set Sail St. Barts.

please help /fa/m
>>
Guys, should i buy reformulated Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin or is it just a shadow of original?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-28-20-51-06.png (392KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-28-20-51-06.png
392KB, 1080x1920px
got any opinions whatsoever?

as a gift for gf

she has said she likes it
>>
>>10654696
versace pour homme is a solid choice, as is eau fraiche.

eau fraiche is a really unique and herbal aquatic instead of the usual notes in aquatics and lasts a really long time on most people. can also find it heavily discounted.

perry ellis 360 red is super cheap and is basically an all around better, spicier version of aqua di gio with pepper and spice notes.
>>
I recently started college and am trying to find a scent I could wear like day-to-day to classes that would just give me something extra to appeal to girls.

I've never really worn a scent except for like axe in middle school and I'm a little bit older than most of the girls in my classes (I'm 21 most of them are 18-19) so I need something that will make more appealing, but not seem "old"

any help is appreciated, I have that aqua de gio, I don't like it.
>>
>>10655439
check out YSL l'homme, bleu de chanel, allure homme sport eau extreme, carolina herrera CH men, all solid lady pleasers.
>>
>>10655469
ok ill go to the mall and check those out, they arent like those heavy "night time" type scents are they?
>>
>>10655478
nope, go to fragrantica and check the notes. all are fairly light with a hint of sweetness, nothing crazy like one million.
>>
Anyone a fan of Bois D'argent?
>>
>>10654578
m8, what does GIT mean?
>>10654654
>>10654685
will check dior homme thx.
>>
>>10656094
creed green irish tweed
not him but i also suggest it
>>
>>10656106
afaik, creed fragances are somewhat expensive, right?
>>
>>10656109
aventus is a lot more expensive than GIT
GIT is probably the cheapest fragrance(probably their best too)
>>
>>10656109
depends on your definition of expensive.

certainly higher than the average designer, at around $160 for the average bottle, with the exception of Aventus at about $250.

be wary, half of the frag community says it smells exactly like cool water (which i do think, and i also think that if you fail to see the overwhelming resemblance then you're just afraid of the buyers remorse). if you look at the notes and it looks like something you might like, order a sample of both, see what you like.

make sure to sample on skin and periodically check to see what it evolves into
>>
>>10656116
>>10656174
thx for the help lads.
>>
>>10655166
no experience with the original, but fwiw i think the current version is very good regardless
>>
Amouage Jubilation XXV
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
Just got back from a round of tests.

Gucci pour homme II smells like tea on the test strip but when I spray it on my skin it has a powdered kool aid note. I like the dry down but I don't want to wait until the note fades.

I also tried Chanel Platinum Egoiste and it reminds me of A&F Fierce and to a farther extent, Mont Blanc Legend. Do you think I could trade my A&F Fierce 6.7 fl oz of A&F Fierce for Platinum Egoiste?

Also tried Chanel Allure and it was good.
>>
Literally anything under 250$ per 50ml smells like cheap commoner shit.
>>
File: 41His-AmTcL.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41His-AmTcL.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
College guy here looking for a spicy wood or aromatic spicy fragrance for fall days. Price range is sub $80.

Debating between Comme des Garcons Wonderwood, Chanel Platinum Egoiste, or Dior Homme 2005.

I've tried Dior Homme (test strip only), Mont Blanc Legend, and Chanel Allure Homme. I enjoyed Dior Homme and Chanel Allure Homme. Mont Blanc Legend is too much for my nose.
>>
>>10656496
Save up some money and buy something good. Fragrances last, don't buy crappy shit.
Is there literally no one with an actual sense of smell here?
>>
>>10656496
Bath & Body Works has a woody cologne for cheap.

Yeah, yeah, they're not an established name in cologne, but it's a good price -- and you can get paired bodywash with it.
>>
>>10656507
I'm trying to save up for something good but I don't know what to save up for. What wood fragrances would you recommend?
>>
>>10656496
Dior Homme is for a colder fall and winter. Not sure what temps you're talking about but the fall temperatures here fluctuate.
>>
>>10656507
Shut the fuck up you enormous faggot
>>
>>10656519
not douchy mcdoucherson here

creed original santal
TF oud wood
(these are more expensive ones by far)

>>10656507
post collection then talk shit
>>
>>10656525
The aqua di gio is getting to your head ghetto boy.

>>10656519
Every person has their own idea of what they want to smell like and quite frankly different perfumes attract different people. For example, your average girl in a club with the IQ of a golf ball and no refined tastes or sense of aesthetics, will love aqua di gio. What is your target group.

It depends on where you live, never blind buy something. If you are in a city find a place that doesn't sell bullshit brands like Creed, Dior, Armani etc. go in and try.

I personally like some Amouages, Carner Barcelona and the occasional MDCI.
>>
>>10656546
Lel I've never owner a bottle of AdG. You're trying way too hard to look like a fragrance purist and you're failing miserably.
>>
>>10656520
I'm in the bay area so fall here is typically 50-60 F.

>>10656539
Thanks anon. I'll look into those.

>>10656546
No specific target group. I just want to smell like a forest during fall.
>>
>>10656546
>What is your target group.
>wearing fragrances for other people
sad life anon
the only thing you should wear is a noose
>>
>>10656569
50-60 is too hot imo for DH
>>
File: DSC_0264.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0264.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>10656539
On a trip, I only carry the bare essentials with me.

>>10656576
I agree.
>>
>>10656585
what else is in your collection
does amouage make any good summer fragrances
TF cant do summer fragrances right so im gonna live with tobacco memes for now
>>
>>10650643
What's the Guerlain on the very right?
>>
>>10656585
I spray that on my dog.
>>
>>10656605
Not a big fan of TF.

Amouage does the Fate for men which is quite frankly an incredible fragrance, the most "summer man" I can think of. It starts a little too woody/spicy but after 5 minutes its glorious. Carner Barcelona does a darker (in my opinion) version of Fate, which is also nice and summery.

I have: Jubilation XXV, Cuirs, Fate, Invasion Barbare, Opus VI, Mazolari Lui,Ambre Topkapi, Clive Christian 1, Arso Parfumum and an arabian oud+rose from Oman.
>>
>>10656629
What breed is your dog?

Some dog breeds are predisposed to squamous cell carcinoma and perfumes in their nose can give them a push in the wrong direction.
>>
>>10637761
I'm also female and my current favorites are YSL's Black Opium and Tom Ford's White Patchouli. They might be to heavy for you but I'd also recommend Prada's Candy or Marc by Marc Jacobs' Dot. Hope I could help!
>>
>>10656639
Should poorer people just not buy fragrances then?
>>
>>10656683
I was needlessly being an absolute cunt.

That being said I do believe that most of the standard off the shelf perfumes don't have a character most of the time. There are a lot of exceptions of course.

I also think that it is much better to take a while and find a perfume that you like and spend money on it, than buy 2-3 average perfumes.

If you really like aqua di gio after trying a lot of things, then go get it. You are lucky to like something that also happens to be cheap (relatively).

I'm just saying, try stuff.
>>
>>10656695
Well then we agree.
>>
>>10656605
I absolutely love Amouage Dia Man, one of my all-time favorite scents, and it's for warm weather
>>
>>10647356
I quite like it to be honest. For me, it's a really nostalgic scent. No clue why.
Not too masculine, metallic, slightly florally. Projection Is decent for about 2 hours then it's mostly quite close to your body. Doesnt change much on my skin.
quite versatile in my opinion. Maybe best suited for night, not too hot.
>>
>>10656826
>>10656639

thanks anons
will definitely try the amouage frags tmrw
not sure if they have anything other than creed or amouage at the store tho
>>
21 M Toronto
Daily use or dates ~$100

Don't know too much, wearing Givenchy Sport Intense at the moment and I do like it but want to change it up
>>
File: img58935503.jpg (75KB, 296x373px) Image search: [Google]
img58935503.jpg
75KB, 296x373px
Thoughts on pic related? I've been using it as of late.

Also looking for advice on new cologne I should try out. I want something that matches my personality, but also something that women would like. I know it doesn't take a lot to impress a woman in terms of cologne, but I want them to feel like my smell matches my personality.

Sex: male

Price range: preferably under $100

Climate: Maryland weather. COLD winters.

Style: I would describe it as relaxed. Slim fit jeans (not skinny jeans), loose t-shirts, sometimes collared button downs, shoes are: http://i.imgur.com/SRo2BEU.jpg

Use: School, chilling with friends/girlfriends. I don't work in a professional environment (quite the opposite actually, I'm a firefighter/EMT).

Personal cologne dislike: strong colognes which have a harsh scent
>>
>>10650643
p gud for being cheaper scents
>>
Thoughts?
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.comdd.jpg (13KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.comdd.jpg
13KB, 250x242px
>>10637473
How would I go about extracting the scent of snus?
I love the smell of General's swedish snus and want to play around with it.
>>
File: aquaamara.jpg (100KB, 1064x514px) Image search: [Google]
aquaamara.jpg
100KB, 1064x514px
Anyone ever tried Bvlgari aqua amara or Versace Man eau fraiche
>>
>>10658071
That's really interesting. Do you use it yourself? People who don't seldom like the scent; it's an acquired taste. And I agree that General smells like heaven. But it's gonna be hard to extract the scent. Perhaps buy the "loose" version and see what kind of juices you can extract. But your best bet is probably to keep a jar with you at all times. It's amazing how the scent fills a room.
>>
File: 68448M.jpg (27KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
68448M.jpg
27KB, 600x403px
Thinking about buying pic related, would be a blind buy after I've tested bvlgari black.
I only see the EDT version in most online shops here, there's just one EDP version which costs almost the same as YSL La nuit de l'homme. Is the EDT that much worse than the EDP version?
>>
>>10658088
I own man eau fraiche and it's a great fragrance (for its cost) and has pretty good longevity whilst excelling in super hot temperatures like 100+
Do note I live in the desert so it's very dry and I don't know how this reacts with humidity
It's kind of boring though it smells the same throughout wear and the scent it self isn't very intriguing but for the cost I think it does an exceptional job
>>
I've recently started med school so i want something new, i want something sweet and not to heavy, something that you could wear each day that will please women, but more importantly me

i've looked around on this thread and at the local mall, YSL L'homme seemed pretty good, should i buy it?
>>
>>10658670
Well anon at the end of the day you're the deciding factor. If you like it, just wait a week and revisit it or maybe spray it on yourself and walk around for a day. You might change your opinion. Might also want to look at some other fragrances in the meantime.
I never liked it but I'm sure no one is fond of my TL/TV layering other than myself.
>>
Thoughts on this ?

Tried this in a perfume store and got almost rapped by the girl I was with cause of it
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1000x1000px
>>10637473
I would like a suggestion for a longer lasting 'real' perfume similar to Aqoua di Gioia.

Marine/fresh/citrusy/clean/not too sweet or flowey on dry down.

I've tried Creed Millisime Imperial but am not blown away. There has to be something better for 300$.
>>
>>10660171
got it on right now. fucking love it.
>>
>>10658500
>there's just one EDP version which costs almost the same as YSL La nuit de l'homme

Price on the EDP fluctuates wildly for some reason. I bought mine for about $18 on Amazon, I even posted the link here until the merch sold out, and it is better than the EDT for a lot of people.
Just wait it out until a cheap EDP pops up.
>>
>>10660694
$150 for MI, you're retarded if you buy from creed boutique.

i assume you're talking for women?
>>
>>10660756
Yes. If I did find something special (creed or otherwise) my budget is 300$.
>>
File: nd.3907[1].jpg (27KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
nd.3907[1].jpg
27KB, 300x400px
Thoughts?

Givenchy Play Intense
>>
To the people posting a frag and simply saying "thoughts?" what exactly are you looking for? It can't be reviews, when sites like basenotes and fragrantica exist, can it? Would one anonymous person's opinion matter to your decision making process? I see these posts and I'm not sure how to respond.
>>
>>10661027
An anonymous poster has nothing to really gain from lying other than '''''lulz''' if it's a shitposter but those are easy to spot.

If you went to google asking for a review you might end up with paid reviews
>>
>>10661027
I just want to know what a /fra/fag thinks of course, because the dynamics are different.
Passive aggressive fuck.
>>
>>10661036
Not really following your logic. A shill will shill, period. And if you spend more than three minutes at bn or fg, the regulars are easy to spot. And five more minutes and you can even tell those whose tastes are similar to yours.
>>
>>10661048
How are they different? Please be specific. And how is that passive aggressive?
>>
Look for first Cologne.

20 M Chicago

Budget around 100usd

Something general purpose and on the reserved side, outdoorsy, mysterious, like with a slight mystical vibe?
>>
>>10661055
>How are they different?
Fragranticans and basenoters are fragheads who are harder to please. I can ask on here what's a good coffee fragrance and I can get a list without some rare or niche shit

And it's Passive aggressive because my post was right above yours and you could have just quoted me and asked me and I would have told you why, instead of soapboxing.
>>
>>10661062
Thanks for answering. I actually thought about asking when the Azzaro pH post happened, but when it was more than one, I addressed the board, not knowing if it was one person or several. My point is: I shouldn't have to ask you. If you have a specific question or agenda in mind, get it out. Captchas and post limits make each post here annoying.

And obviously rare and niche shit is all over this board as well. That condition would be something to add to your question.
>>
>>10661082
Well if you say, "you can just go on BN or Fragrantica and find out", you can say that about nearly every post in this thread. So why have these threads in the first place?
>>
>>10661089
>So why have these threads in the first place?
Still thinking...

I guess the same reason anyone posts on any board here. To enjoy one of the few places you can be anonymous.

But bottom line, if you want or expect someone to take the time to reply to you, don't you think it's only polite or fair to take the time to formulate an actual question they can address, other than "thoughts?"
>>
>>10661111
>But bottom line, if you want or expect someone to take the time to reply to you, don't you think it's only polite or fair to take the time to formulate an actual question they can address, other than "thoughts?"

Pretty sure it's another way to see "have you tested/owned it? what do you think about it"
Seems pretty straight forward.
>>
>>10661128
Perhaps, but as much as I like talking about a passion of mine and helping people out here, I am not likely to answer such vague posts. I'm not sure what the poster is after and I'm not interested in spending time figuring it out or answering a question that wasn't asked. Sorry if that comes across as dick-ish. It's not intended that way.
>>
>>10645240
Bullshit. I paid 65 for that cologne, where the fuck did you get it for 10?
>>
>>10643812

It lasts 30min -1hr

so if you want to smell like it for longer you're gonna have to re apply
>>
>>10645240
>>10661847

not that guy but I got it for $20-25 from Target's website. They have a "buy one get 2nd 50% off" every couple of weeks. For $10 I'm guessing he got it from ebay.

not sure if it's really that unique since a lot of people say it smells like Tom Ford for Men.
>>
>>10660171

didn't like it the first time I tried it.

2nd try smelled much better. May be on my 2cop list
>>
>>10661847
I bought it from a guy online. I've bought some stuff from him before and he let this one go because he doesn't use it anymore.

What do you think about it? It's supposed to have that "romantic" wedding feeling and that made me curious.

It's supposed to come in today and I'm excited
>>
File: eau_de_nuit_bottle.png (77KB, 273x460px) Image search: [Google]
eau_de_nuit_bottle.png
77KB, 273x460px
What do people think about this? Tried it today, smelled nice and I've read people saying it lasts quite long. Also fairly good price wise
>>
>>10658071
What you looking for is infused oil. However since its being used to soak essential oils from freshly cut flowers and herbs, it might not work with dried stuff.

You can do it yourself:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-Infused-Oil/
>>
>>10663831
Snus is not that dry actually, so it might work.
>>
Managed to cop a 60% full 3.4 fl oz bottle, about 60 ml for $35. I only tested it once on a strip but I'll take the gamble.

Any of you own or tested it extensively? what do you think about it?
>>
Insane fucking deals at target today.

1. add your choice of 2 (or multiples of 2) fragrances
2. Proceed to checkout
3. Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off discount will appear in cart
4. Enter 10% Off promo code SHINE
5. Enter 15% Off promo code CYBER15
6. If your order is over $50, enter promo code TGTGQJV7 (some exclusions may apply)
7. Shipping is free

yeah their selection aint the best but still some designer hits available
scored TDH, Givenchy play intense, Gucci guilty black, and blackxs
>>
>>10664188
oh yeah the server getting hit hard since everyone going nuts with cyber monday promotions for other stuff. checkout could be a little delayed.
>>
>>10664188
>tfw no cyber monday in my country
>>
File: 324234234.jpg (17KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
324234234.jpg
17KB, 380x380px
Bought this, Le Male, getting Issay Miyake for Christmas. That's summer days settled now need something fresh for nights
>>
NEW THREAD

>>10665606
>>10665606

>>10665606

>>10665606
>>10665606

NEW THREAD
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.