[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leather jacket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: 40116677UQ_13_f.jpg (159KB, 722x905px) Image search: [Google]
40116677UQ_13_f.jpg
159KB, 722x905px
Where can i buy a less expensive leather jacket, which looks like a saint laurent?
>>
>>10635607
Thrift shop.
>>
bump for same info, the schott ones all look like ass
>>
File: HP1127FITBLA01_C.jpg (127KB, 1200x1482px) Image search: [Google]
HP1127FITBLA01_C.jpg
127KB, 1200x1482px
I recently copped this one from The Kooples, its pretty perfect for what I wanted to be honest.
>>
File: 20150830_144911.jpg (84KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
20150830_144911.jpg
84KB, 640x360px
H&M has a couple good ones this saison. ~$220 after coup0nz and deal stackin skillz

Also, there is a very well-respected replicunt seller on iOffer called Discuntmart ~$320

Also, there is a well-reputed Koreaboo fake cuntpany called Puerhomme ~$650

Pic is from HM&. shit's super thick, good slim ultra-cropped fit, goes down to sz34 for skinny/manlet ddues.

Let the h999rz h9
>>
Korean shit man! Puerhomme, stud, dude9
>>
>>10636100
that jacket actually looks pretty fucking nice, think they'd have in store to try on?
>>
>>10636071

>brown leather

kill yourself
>>
>>10636100

>not sure if troll
>>
>>10636100

leather looks like shit. idk why the fuck you would ever half-ass a leather jacket. it makes you look tryhard. if you want to save money, thrift.
>>
>>10635666

really? was thinking about copping a perfecto. it's a classic--the ramones, jean paul gaultier, marlon brando, james dean all wore it. i have a schott bomber already that's held up for years.

what's the prob with schott?
>>
>>10636389
I've seen a few pics of really good schott perfectos and then and endless supply of awful ones so perhaps i should repharse that, most schott ones are awful and i can't find a place to find the right one
>>
>>10636100
pebbled shitty leather is never a good look
>>
BLK DNM is pretty nice imo
>>
>>10636409
the problem with schott is that they are not fashion jackets. they are super thick and take a while to break in. not a good look on skinny fuccbois or people who don't ride motorcycles in general.
>>
>>10635607
Man, I am never going to have the money for one of these.
>>
>>10637143
thrift one homie
>>
File: Sandro Thrasher.jpg (9KB, 235x275px) Image search: [Google]
Sandro Thrasher.jpg
9KB, 235x275px
To my eyes, the Sandro Thrasher is the closest you'll get without actually getting SLP. Still relatively expensive, but is a fraction of the £3000 you'd be paying for an L01.
>>
File: 10639530_1.jpg (150KB, 470x774px) Image search: [Google]
10639530_1.jpg
150KB, 470x774px
>>10636389
Where to find this Perfecto? I was looking online but prices are like $1000 for new one.
>>
File: HCU1116BLA01_C.jpg (126KB, 1200x1482px) Image search: [Google]
HCU1116BLA01_C.jpg
126KB, 1200x1482px
>>10636378
... Its black
>>
>>10636100
Is it leather or is it polyurethane? How does the zipper feel? Are the buttons heavy?
>>
Who knows where I can get a leather that isn't made in a 3rd world country? Besides the obvious designers that charge $3000. I'd prefer made in Portugal desu
>>
All Saints
>>
>>10635607
>>10636100
>the state of /fa/
>>
>>10637699
I could be completely wrong, but I thought that most American companies known from their leather products source it domestically, since we have a massive cattle industry already here. I also thought that European nations like Italy and Spain were also huge on leather production, so finding leather produced without third-world labor shouldn't be all that difficult.

If where leather is from isn't outright listed on a company's or product's web page, I'm sure you could elicit an answer by emailing a company rep.
>>
File: bandit5_c6_13.jpg (304KB, 1194x800px) Image search: [Google]
bandit5_c6_13.jpg
304KB, 1194x800px
>>10636071
>>10637679
>2015
>buying anything from The Kooples
Really ? Are you that weak to advertisement ? Don't you have any shame to pay that much for their ad costs without any quality ?
>>
>>10637719
So there are two factors, where the leather is from, and where the jacket is put together. I'm sure you can find many of these details on the jacket, but made in China or India I avoid simply because I read reports that in instances they were using dog hide (probably not a whole jacket but who knows). If you find something that says made in Italy, you will be paying near $1000 or higher. This is where my dilemma lies. Italy and Portugal are considered the best leather workers in Europe. Made in Portugal is a way to get Italian leather at bargain prices. I don't know about American leather makers. But I haven't found a made in Portugal yet, and anything European seems to cost in the thousands. I'm looking for between $200-500, made in Portugal, America, Canada or anything else not 3rd world. Kooples was made in turkey, I think. Acne as well.
>>
>>10637759
>I'm looking for between $200-500, made in Portugal, America, Canada

Yeah thats not gonna happen mate
>>
>>10637759
Price range is quite low for decent quality leather. $500 USD is the lower tail end of what you'll be looking to spend.
https://www.schottnyc.com/store/men/jackets/motorcycle
If you view a given product, it'll say something like "made from leather sourced from the U.S." and whatnot, which, like I said, tends to be the norm for American leather companies.

These guys might be closer to your price range, but they aren't Schott.
http://vansonleathers.com/main_page/chapters/mens/mens.htm
>>
where do you live OP?

from melb, au and found a place that sources leather from italy, and got a m2m double-rider done for about 800usd

see if your city has any custom shops

but otherwise:
>>10636924
is correct

consider acne/balmain etc
>>
>>10637723
I'm in the UK, I've never seen a single advert of theirs. Pretty much a case of walked into a shop, liked an item and bought it. What is it you don't like about them?
>>
>>10636927

>the problem with schott is that they are not fashion jackets. they are super thick and take a while to break in. not a good look on skinny fuccbois or people who don't ride motorcycles in general.

Yeah, actually they are 'fashion' jackets. They aren't armoured and the makers themselves tell people that they aren't meant for riding.

In any case, Schott cuts are fucking garbage and the quality hasn't been any good for years. And no, it isn't a case of 'hurr durr it juz luk shit on skinny fuccboi' either. Schotts look like shit on everyone.
>>
>>10637826
What brands would you suggest for a good looking jacket that can hold up to riding?
>>
>>10637773
Im from Portugal. Look at "casa das peles" high quality hackers in the range of prices you said. They are pretty big here
>>
>>10637837

There are none. Buy a riding jacket for riding and a fashion jacket for everyday wear.
>>
>>10637838
Yeah they look kinda terrible dude
>>
>>10637810
Okay first of all I'm not gonna tell you anything about subjective things like fashion taste or looks, because chances are you have better taste than me. Only thing I can assure you is The Kooples, alongside Zadig&Voltaire, Vicomte A and others were publicly called out on their excessive investment in advertisement and public events, while offering a build quality a whole level under what's expected at their price. You'd be better off buying less hyped brands. I'll quote a french fashion website:
"The Kooples are the molecular-level embodiment of everything we stand against in men fashion: a 300M$ launch, elitist and overhyped marketing campaigns with people like Doherty and Beigbeider, a sold out press licking their boots....all of this for really expensive clothes with a really bad build quality."
So honestly I think you'd deserve better than this.
>>
>>10635607
>tfw temple of jawnz doesn't make stuff anymore
>>
>>10637844
Do you know if anyone makes a decent armored perfecto? Barring that, is it a bad idea to stitch in armor/use inserts on a jacket without them?
>>
Schott Perfectos on ebay for 250 if you're lucky.
>>
>>10637889
Idiot, they sold overpriced leathers produced in same factories as studhomme and similar korean crap
>>
>>10637992
sorry, i didn't mean to set off your autistic rage
>>
>>10637865
Ah man that sucks. I thought the jackets quality was pretty nice. Did think some of their T-shirts were pretty overpriced. Just read some articles about how people are sick of the advertising - said at one point they were pretty much plastered on the side of every bus and on every wall. I got the jacket in a 40% off sale they were having which isn't so bad I guess. Thanks for the heads up though dude.
>>
>>10638013
It bothers me that I used the word "pretty" three times in my reply ¬___¬
>>
>>10637837
lewis leathers
https://www.lewisleathers.com/productinfo.html?code=jak-440
>>
>tfw leather jackets always look horrible on me
maybe it's my body build (I'm 6'3 and pretty athletic but slim) but leather jackets have always looked terrible on me, as if someone glued my arms into a tube made of old tire rubber
>>
File: MG_1841.jpg (370KB, 1555x1037px) Image search: [Google]
MG_1841.jpg
370KB, 1555x1037px
Schott is to leather jackets as Allen Edmonds are to leather shoes. Best buy for the money imho.
>>
>>10640192
Not true. Schott makes their jackets of bonded leather. Schott fills the category of the highest of low quality.
>>
isn't all saints just the fast fashion version of saint laurent?
>>
>>10640223
yes

all saints is the gateway for mall rats to into "high fashion"
>>
>>10640226
so wouldn't it be safe to say OP could find as close to an slp cut at a price way under hedi's?
>>
Get a made to measurement jacket from Falcon Garments...the successor to Temple of Jawnz.

Fit is especially key with leather jackets or you'll end up looking like a dad.
>>
>>10637628
Now I know why they killed Bruce Lee. He was a Nazi.
>>
>>10640282
Thanks for letting me know these guys exist.
>>
>>10637865

i agree the quality is beyond bad. so is customer service. I waited 3 months for a refund after an exchange.
>>
Are Massimo Dutti leather jackets decent? They say they use sheep leather so its not faux leather at least. Christmas is coming and some will probably be on sale. Should I cop? I just want to buy them irl to try them on dont want to order something from the internet. Theyre like 340$ usually but on sale probably like 200ish $
>>
>>10641948
I own one kooples item, a flowery sheer womens' shirt (fite me) and the quality is pretty fantastic.
BUT, their customer service is fucking appalling.
If you're going to buy from them, do it from an actual outlet rather than on the internet, and cop at sale prices.
>>
>>10636100
You should repost this picture in a recent cops thread in 2-3 months saying it's SLP. People would say it's nice.
>>
File: ltr.jpg (62KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
ltr.jpg
62KB, 720x960px
guys how does my jacket fit?
i think its a little bit long but still an acceptable length. It used to fit bigger at the arms and i got it altered, the length can't be modified without fucking up the jacket tho...
(ignore the outfit, i just put it on to show you guys)
>>
>>10642065

It's long if you're going for the SLP look. It is fine if you're wanting a Rick drapey look. Rick OWens Stooges are quite long in teh body and arms.
>>
>>10642065
Too long at the bottom and too bulky around the shoulders and torso, sorry
>>
>>10635607
Thrift stores is your best bet just wash things thoroughly.

I love Thrift shopping because I find the best things sometimes
>>
>>10637865
>quoting Bonnegueule on 4chan
>achievement unlocked
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.