[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cruelty-free Fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

I know this topic wont get much love on here but it really bothers me to wear leather or support the industry after I have seen where it comes from.

There are a lot of brands trying to provide "vegan" clothing but almost all of them just suck.

But there also brands like April 77 that know how to do it right.

Please no dicussion on veganism or vegetarianism in general. I want people who interested to exchange their knowledge on the topic.
>>
>>10635173
I also made this thread because I am looking for Chelsea boots witu faux leather that actually look good, if that is even possible?
I know secondhand is an option but I want to believe that there is a way to look good without leather.
>>
>>10635173
The attitude of a vegan is far, far from the attitude of a person that can rock a leather jacket and chelsea boots

stop
>>
>>10635243
>muh manliness
>>
>>10635173
>cruelty free
what a load of shit

you cant escape the atrocitys of this world by buying plastic shoes and faux leather jackets
how many Chinese kids got cancer from the production of the computer or phone your posting from?
you cannot escape the truth, purchasing goods that are supposedly "cruelty free" is a fallacy developed to prey on idiots that have a holier than thou world view

cows bellow us, they are cattle, a product, they dont think or feel the way we do. they're only use is their meat and hide. to think they are equal to humans is idiotic.

that being said, those new CP chelseas are really nice.
>>
[Used to eat & live vegan for +4 years.]

Bovine leather is a byproduct of the meat industry, in the sense that it wouldn't be cost-effective at current prices to raise livestock solely for the purpose of selling the leather. They're not going to create less leather just because you don't buy it. What you can do if you don't want to support the industry, however, is to stop buying the main products that is meat & dairy.

Faux leather in general is shit. Actual leather on the other hand is a wonderful, wonderful material. If you really have ethical qualms about it, then you can try acquiring leather products second hand. You could also try to prioritize leather that hasn't been chrome-tanned (for the environment).

When it comes to the "this is gross"-factor - I can promise you that your life will improve substantially if you learn to look beyond that.

>Please no discussion on veganism or vegetarianism in general

good luck with that
>>
My leather jacket is 40 years old
I think it's safe to say it's now vegan.
>>
>>10635260
>slp
>manly

The point is that vegans are too "safe" and "pc" to do an edgy style and not look like tools.
>>
File: wi1QIgG.jpg (116KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
wi1QIgG.jpg
116KB, 960x960px
just buy second hand leather and take good care of it.
i fully agree with sthlm on this one: faux cant even compare to nice leather

you can also skip both, and look for more alternatives, i think waxed cotton can give a similar look in some cases.

/vegan
>>
>>10635173
Anon, check out mooshoes' lover chelseas.
>>
>>10635173
I feel you... but you just have to wear cotton and other natural plant fibres, plastics I guess. But of course you have to know that somewhere down the line, these things too harm animals. Just accept that your views deny you from wearing these things. just like with meat and quorn - it will never be the same, and you should just eat fruit, veg and grain. stop trying to kid yourself you can have this lifestyle choice and still have the best of both worlds, you pay the price for your ethical convictions.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.