[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much longer with the SLP look going to be trendy/will it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ln407wqhhqtzc6tulh7f.jpg (580KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ln407wqhhqtzc6tulh7f.jpg
580KB, 1800x1200px
How much longer with the SLP look going to be trendy/will it ever die into no one wearing it ever?
>>
I think it's eternal desu. As long as their are indie hipsters pretending they like Punk Rock and real punks actually playing music, there will always be an audience for it imo
>>
it's zara/asos-tier now

blame the celebs all rocking the same chelsea boot/jeggings combo
>>
>>10630433
I don't really see a lot of people in my city rocking this look, and most certainly not wearing actual SLP
>>
>>10630409
well the most "safe" slp look (chelseas, jeggings, leather jacket) has gone celebrity mainstream, so it's not gonna be long before every fuccboi is running around in zara/asos copies of slp.
This is why I'm trying to embrace some of the weirder slp looks now, because that will probably never hit meme-tier like regular slp is bound to
>>
>>10630552
so rtw for you and not permanent collection?
>>
>>10630413
>413▶
>I think it's eternal desu. As long as their ar

fashion fades, but style is eternal. SLP isn't new, its basically Hedi's continuation of his Dior Homme, which he started from scratch since 2001
>>
>>10630409
The price-point of SLP is so high that you won't see a lot of attention towards it other than neckbeards mocking the high cost. I don't think it'll burn out for at least a couple more years. As far as the success of the company goes I don't think that the quality of the goods they release will ever match up to the quality of the clothes designed by Yves designed himself. However, the company has survived for 7 years without Yves so speculating about their success would useless. Who knows how long they'll last. Even if they crash and burn, there will be another designer to fill the gap soon enough.
>>
>>10630584
Sorry for poor English in advance.
>>
>>10630555
Well i'm a poorfag, so i can only 1-2 pieces each collection. Other then that I mostly thrift, and occasionaly buy basics from mid-tier brands like fillipa k and acne.
So i'm not gonna buy more, but i'm gonna try to do slp layering and accessorizing like you see in their runway shows.
Because i dont think people who buy fast-fashion knockoffs are gonna be able to pull that off, so it's just a nice way to stand out :))
>>
>>10630552
basically this

the typical safe slp pieces are pretty mainstream right now not only celebrity, all fuccbois have them or at least some pieces.
you can probably spot them everyday

flannels
striped tee
biker jacket
black skinny jeans
chelseas
wide brim hats

i really support the idea of embracing the weirder slp side.
>>
>>10630590
your english is fine, well said friend :)
>>
File: 1317801857236.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1317801857236.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
Curious, what is the weirder SLP side?
>>
>>10630552
>>10630793
this. even the beard meme instagram bros like ricky halls have abandoned le workwear hipster aesthetic and wear this shit now, iirc
>>
File: 1447596762180.jpg (79KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1447596762180.jpg
79KB, 736x1104px
Shit's too expensive. You can just go to the thrift store and then get something tailored.
>>
>>10630969
dude, go watch some runway shows and figure it for yourself.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.