[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

“Let me talk like an old man. Young people, be careful. Beautiful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

File: yohji.jpg (86KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
yohji.jpg
86KB, 500x708px
“Let me talk like an old man. Young people, be careful. Beautiful things are disappearing every day. Be careful.…You don’t need to be [shopping at fast-fashion stores], especially young people. They are beautiful naturally, because they are young. So they should even wear simple jeans and a T-shirt. It’s enough. Don’t be too much fashionable.…The brand advertising is making you crazy. You don’t need to be too sexy. You are sexy enough.”

Is he right?
>>
Yes. Yohji-san is always right.
>>
>>10625518
thank you, sensei
>>
>>10625518
he's like 130 or something and full on wizard probably knows some ancient samurai sorcery and shenanigans and wears all black of course he is right
>>
>>10625645
/thread
>>
REALEST SHIT I EVER WROTE
>>
P on point, I mean don't be afraid to experiment but enjoy you're young
>>
>>10625518
>The brand advertising is making you crazy
Yes.
>>
>>10625518
if i end up like yohji when i'm old, i'll be happy with the life i've led
>>
I don't know, I can see his point but being young and not having a lot of responsibilities means you can experiment a lot as opposed to when you're older. But then again that also doesn't apply to everyone.
>>
Hes right but hes a hyppocrite.
His designs are far from decent priced and sober.
>>
>>10625518
100%
>>
but I'm ugly and have a toxic personality
>>
>>10626161
I don't think he's trying to sell to teens and I think that's more him talking down American Eagle trashy glitzy mall stuff, that's from a part of an interview where he's talking about fast fashion and stuff
>>
>>10626161
i think the point he's trying to make, like >>10626170 said, is that people think they need to have 30 different colors of the same flannels to match with their true religion jeans and their flashy sneakers. Yohji just wants everyone to buy a few good basics and have fun and focus on real life instead of trying to have everything in a wardrobe.

i hope i make yohji proud someday
>>
>>10626170
I took him out of context. Makes sense. Apology and respect to him then.
>>
>>10625518
and then he whores out to adidas with y-3
straight to the rubbish mate
>>
>>10625816
Yet he works with Adidas
>>
>>10626297
well that depends on what he means by "young people"
does he mean tweens-late teens or late teens-20s and early 30s?
His marketing audience and whoever he's talking about in this quote could be very different
>>
>>10625518
>tfw Yohji will never be your grandfather
>tfw he will never pull you aside and give you sage advice
Why even bother living.
His daughter has a pretty neat line though.
>>
>>10625518

Yeah pretty spot on shit t b h.

Good words to live by if you're just starting to rebuild a wardrobe.

I WILL LIVE BY YOUR TEACHINGS YOHJI-SAN

;_;
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x195px
tell this to rick fanboys kek
>>
Thanks Yohji, that really comforts me, fashion gives me intense anxiety cause I'm super worried people won't like my fits, and I need to have a lot of shit in order to impress people
>>
Looking for a Yohji Overcoat for this FW. Anyone seen any good deals for around 250-300
>>
>>10627040

check grailed f a m
>>
>>10627040
Ill sell you mine for 300+shipping. Cashmere/wool/nylon blend lined with cupro. Its a Y's piece, super long drapey yohji with two zippered pockets. If you are serious post an email and ill shoot you pics ect.
>>
>>10627049
>300+shipping
>Its a Y's piece
>>
>>10627059
>its a cashmere blend and fucking huge
Just throwing it out there, you(?) asked
>>
I pretty much do this, but I am a little more neurotic when it comes to outerwear in the colder months.
>>
He's right about the advertising, but telling people what they should and shouldn't wear is wrong. That's for people to figure out on their own.
>>
Love you dad
>>
stalked out aoyama cemetery and omotesando for days to try to see this guy (also kou)
>>
>>10627181
>tfw you will never meet yohji under a tall sakura tree in the middle of a graveyard, where he turns to look at you and his FW15 coat flutters in the wind, as he tells you a piece of wise ancient fashion advice that unlocks forever sick cops and dope fits

please kill me
>>
>>10627115
Have you seen kids these days? I don't know when he said this but they only think about brands and image. 12 y/o girls look 10 years older. I think it's sad that they trade their youth for material stuff.
>>
>>10627115
>implying kids between 12-17 are capable of making actual informed decisions.

The amount of kids between this age wearing nothing but Jordan's, North Face, and Fast Fashion drivel is astounding, and it's what he's speaking against. Kids need to be kids, and just fucking relax both the world kicks 'em in the dick.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 1181x773px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 1181x773px
nigga im ugly as fuck lmaoo thats why i need expensive clothes
>>
>>10627237
Aqtually if you are ugly - clothes wouldnt help you, you just look like funny dildo, dont spend money what way. Ugly peoples shouldt even try dress well, this is too tryhard.
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 256x256px
>>10627244
lmao ur probably poor so ur opinion is irrelevant go back to posting ur walmart tier fits on the waywt thread roflll
>>
>>10627246
>being this defensive while admitting you're subhuman and disgusting.

End it Anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 625x627px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 625x627px
>>10627248
lmaooo dis nigga forreal? lmaoo ok poorboi send me ur paypal and ill send u some pocket change lmaoo
>>
>>10627261
lmao are you forreal nigga, you wouldn't give anybody shit, you're too far up your own ass.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 473x500px
>>10627268
better keep saving ya money for the hm and uniqlo sale poorboi
>>
>>10627246
Kek, sorry, but no. And, the most important part - im not ugly. And you are. So your clothing looks always out of place. doesnt fit you, hehe, there is no need for you trying that hard. Also, im happy to see you rekt so hard, my little uggo. Nobody loves you. You shouldnt even exist.
>>
>>10627280
You've obviously never seen a Saint Laurent model.
>>
>>10627285
You are not slp model. You are just an ugly dildo.
>>
>>10626297
Whats the other option? Nike. Theyre worse in that regard
>>
>>10625518
I don't understand what he's saying. does he mean that young people shouldn't care much about fashion (but wait...isnt he a fashion designer?) or that people shouldn't care all so much about branding (which is pretty obvious)?
>>
>>10627237
No you don't.
>>
>>10627272
HM and uniqlo are goat m8, ur mom is probably fucking a sweet kewl /fit/ guy like me

fite me irl nigga
>>
THANK YOU YOHJI
>>
>>10625518
ultra simple fit planned for tomorrow thanks yohji i love you sell me a robe an widebrim on the low
>>
>>10627473
Really ? :-/
>>
But /fa/ is fun, i even do it and then change back to normal before i leave the house. Labels are overrated of course but just a shirt and jeans looks like youve got no sense of /fa/
>>
many thanks yohoji-san

sometimes i forget to come back to basics
>>
>>10625518
D-D-Does she know she's an ad?
>>
>>10625518
goth ninja bandwagoners BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>10625518
yohji is always grounding. i'd love to meet him one day. also my goal aesthetic when i'm like 30 years old with a secure job and nobody cares what the fuck i wear :))
>>
File: 61b7c686-s.jpg (69KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
61b7c686-s.jpg
69KB, 560x315px
>>10627237
>You are sexy enough

what of that did you not get, you beautiful bastard
>>
>>10625518
>think this is somewhat wise but I can't really relate
>be at work christmas party a few days ago
>I'm the youngest person in the company by 4-5 years at least
>coworker's really drunk girlfriend starts calling me cute
>tells me "you don't know how appealing youth is. Cherish it"
>not sure how to take it
>see this again
at last I truly see

It's ok though I'm ugly as fuck and the world doesn't work like it did 10 years ago so despite reason in this advice it's fucking tough to do it in practice.
>>
>>10629205
its tough to put on simple jeans and a t-shirt in practice?

yikes
>>
>>10629208
you're forgetting that dressing isn't about slapping shit on. It's about wearing it and having confidence. What people should do is bee urself and not give a fuck but it's hard for some people senpai.
>>
>>10629162
>30
and a rage band
>>
>>10626161
>yohji overprice cause more than 1k
>hm tier are decent price
kek cheap fuccboi gtfo
>>
>>10627268
kek, poorfag confirmed
>>
>>10629237
yikes
>>
>>10629237
I know what you mean senpai
>>
>>10629431
SO TRUE
>>
>>10625518
You'd be the most /fa/ and self confident fucker if you just listen to Yohji

>>10627059
>>10627068
Don't fall for the hype though, it's a second hand piece of clothing.

If it's Y's then it's at least 6-7 years old since Y's for men hasn't existed since 2009.

So you're paying 300 bucks for an old coat, you'd be better off getting something new at sale.
>>
>>10626263
This makes me sad because I know that he is in the toilet financially and so some of his collabs and diffusion lines have been necessary to sustain his more creative projects. I don't doubt that he still kept aesthetic in mind when choosing to partner with Adidas, but now it's just his name slapped on a bunch of vaguely avant garde athletic wear. He's such a genius on his own and it's a shame his mainline and primary diffusion lines can't sustain his label.
>>
>>10630162
Nah don't be. It was a financial choice that had to be made.

He could have abandoned everything and let his legacy be picked up by liquidators but he kept it going.

The financial crisis fucked up Yohji Inc. big time as it did with everyone else that was borrowing off cheap debt and used that to expand.

The only thing I'm pissed about is that Y-3 has become wildly successful as opposed to Coming Soon, S'yte and the other real diffusion lines he put forth. Yohji literally shows up and collects cheques but it's financing the debt Yohji Inc. owes and it means the entirety of Yohji's creative can continue... albeit via his assistants. Anecdotes told to me by people in the company is that he's being doing what Ann D did in her later years, reins to his assistants who have all been working for 15+ years and he oversees it almost like a spiritual advisor.

I was last told that Limi would have a creative role in Y-3 but that's yet to eventuate, trying to figure out the reason, it's financial for sure but I can't put my thumb on which way.
>>
>>10625518
yeah 18-21 year old kids look good in pretty much everything

around age 25 you actually have to start dressing well

i was unfortunate in that i was ugly so i had to start copping and wearing higher end clothes when i was 20 just to still look like shit compared to the average 21 year old kid
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.