[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much longer do you think we'll have to deal with this style?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1447942634833.jpg (55KB, 500x761px) Image search: [Google]
1447942634833.jpg
55KB, 500x761px
how much longer do you think we'll have to deal with this style?
>>
>>10624208
literally the fedora of haircuts
>>
File: image1xl.jpg (26KB, 290x370px) Image search: [Google]
image1xl.jpg
26KB, 290x370px
>>10624208

>mid to late twenties
>works at an artisanal bread company
>muh craft beer
>>
>>10624214
>builds his own chairs and tables
>indie bands r lyfe
>>
Fuuuuck why do people care about how other people dress? I know it's a fashion board but instead of being a negative little dweeb you should focus more on what you like rather than don't like.
>>
>>10624236

lumberjackcore plz go
>>
>>10624236
>"hey wanna try my new gravy recipe? Ill bring it over for thanksgiving it has hops and spices its great for the beard to heh heh ill bring missy with me she has thr new andrew jackson jihad recond and can dance a mean junebug"
>>
>>10624230
nothing wrong with building your own shit.
but the craft beer, let's go to this new venue that used to be an apartment complex b.s. can go.
>>
Never thought I'd see the day where /fa/ hiveminded rejection of the ol' HY.
>>
>>10624236
The problem being that /fa/ doesn't really like anything other than the handful of Rick pieces it's seen on Grailed.
>>
>>10624332
/fa/ users has no idea how to dress in 90% of cases. Fashion isn't about designer pieces or expensive clothes or dressing in a certain style already established, it's about finding a style you can wear well.

Seems like most people (judging from WAYWT) doesn't do either of those. No one likes a guy dressed in full Rick if he can't wear it. Same with SLP. What's the point? If you look better in a hoodie and sneakers, wear that instead.
>>
>>10624325
I think it's more of the combination of that hairstyle with the beard.
>>
>>10624208

The thing is that this style will never really 'die'.

I live in Baltimore and the whole tattoo beard look has been in forever. It has to do with living in a grungy-ass city plagued by heroin and nigger degeneracy. I doubt it will ever leave a godforsaken place like this.

Now if you're talking about your average hipster poser at Amherst or Wesleyan who wants to pretend they are oppressed and interesting, I'd give it another three years at most.

Remember how long frat style dominated mainstream fashion in the US after all.
>>
>>10624360
It's weird. There are enclaves out here in Middle America that are still opening up fancy barber shops, but none of the college students—the older /fa/ user demographic—are sporting beards or fades. So, while I think that the trend will persist for another five years or so, it's going to just be hangers on and late adopters pursuing it.
>>
Due to the internet the culture is a lot less homogenized and the bigger fashion trends are a lot a less noticeable. People are pretty much gonna just keep dressing how they want, at least for a while. Just because you nerds got tired of the style doesn't mean everyone else did.

And that's coming from someone who largely thinks it looks pretty tacky, but I try not to dedicate as much thought to how someone else should dress.
>>
>>10624265
It really depresses me that I liked Andrew Jackson Jihad literally 10 years ago when I was 14 and now I'm ashamed to have it on my phone.
>>
File: 1422100417979.jpg (9KB, 240x196px) Image search: [Google]
1422100417979.jpg
9KB, 240x196px
>>10624208
I give it another 18 months tops, then start looking at craigslist/Ebay for all those sweet unused outdoors gear for sale cheap, gonna get me a new cheap axe to use around the homestead
>>
>>10624360
>I live in Baltimore and the whole tattoo beard look has been in forever.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Baltimore natives seem to revel in the shit, like a pig who rolls in mud or something. There are some really nice/up-and-coming parts of Baltimore (Canton, Fells Point is getting better, etc.), but it seems like the bearded fuckwits are genuinely offended that money is beginning to show up in their hellhole.
>>
>>10624394
>Due to the internet the culture is a lot less homogenized
Except for the well documented fact that the internet leads to greater homogenization.
>>
>>10624458

You live here too? Whereabouts?

I'm in Charles Village right now which is pretty nice. Hampden is becoming very gentrified but it is still hipster as fuck.

I don't mind because at this point I've adapted a disguise even though I'm still the Right wing prep school kid I was when I came in 3 years ago.

Looking forward to moving to fed hill when I have a job next year and getting away from this shit.
>>
>>10624489
Nah, I live in the DC area. I dated a girl in Baltimore for 2 years, so every weekend I'd drive up and stay in Baltimore. Got to like the area a lot, minus the many flaws. Much better food than DC.

Charles Village is rad, don't you guys have that street full of Christmas decorations? It's goddamn adorable.
>>
>>10624473
Source? I really would think otherwise.
>>
>>10624545
You would huh? Where on earth would the fly-over denizens of /fa/ learn about and gain an appreciation of Rick (or any other trend) if not for the internet?
>>
File: sexy-lumberjack.jpg (60KB, 277x393px) Image search: [Google]
sexy-lumberjack.jpg
60KB, 277x393px
>>10624208
I want
GayBearCore
to die as well
>>
>>10624332
What about:
SLP? Lunarcore? Cyberpunk? Teachwear? Niheicore? Gothninja? Palewave? Normcore?

There are plenty of tastes. /fa/ likes anything that defies the norm or slightly bends in.
>>
>>10624562
I used to think I was gay because I like the idea of butt stuff, but then I thought about having some fat hairy dude plugging my stuff up and I was like... nope. Straight as an arrow but into the butt.
>>
>>10624578
I only would be bisexual with a skinny femme looking boy. Otherwise is shit.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.