[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have serious sight issues related to an eye condition that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: tf5092_sl[1].jpg (25KB, 351x410px) Image search: [Google]
tf5092_sl[1].jpg
25KB, 351x410px
I have serious sight issues related to an eye condition that also prevents me from realistically wearing contacts. Long story short, I need glasses. I wear them 24/7. I've got a round face, and don't look good in glasses generally. I've always bought really low profile frames(pic related is what I have rn - tom ford 5092). These are obviously a bit nerdy, but are they too far into that zone? Even having a bad face for glasses should I be more bold and try something else, or should I stay with the inoffensive nerd glasses and accept my fate?

I manage contacts for like short dates, parties, and formal events, but in my day to day life people see me all the time with my glasses. I've been conscious about them for years, and I now have some extra money I could spend on a new pair or two. I just don't know what to do.
>>
post a picture of yourself
I know it's hard because insecurity or w/e but it's the best way for us to help you
>>
File: 18jba0pa8j7m6png[1].png (927KB, 800x798px) Image search: [Google]
18jba0pa8j7m6png[1].png
927KB, 800x798px
>>10623544
I realize this is 100% true but I'm on the night shift right now with no way to get a pic onto this computer. just randomly started stressing about this at 2 am. me figuring out and/or coming to terms with my glasses has been a long time coming.

I have facial hair and I get told I look like Jeff Bridges all the time.

If it helps any, what glasses would you advise for a 35 years younger Jeff Bridges?
>>
>>10623524
>tfw your hair looks like the guy in OP's pic and you're only 20
fucking kill me already.
>>
get lasik/lasek
>>
do laser eye surgery, you seem to feel unconfident with glasses
>>
File: Fuck off 4chan.jpg (374KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck off 4chan.jpg
374KB, 1280x960px
>>10623524
Honestly, grab some larger glasses, Its just better for a roundy like yourself.
I get that lasek may be out of the question, try to find something less like your pic and more like something that makes it smaller
>>
>>10624986
>>10625125
I've got an extremely good doctor, the best lasik surgeon in the region, and he suggests I wait until I'm around 40. My eyes are so bad that they would degenerate too much even after lasik, and if I do it too early in life I will need to have lasik re-done too many times. There's like a hard limit on how many times they can do that kind of stuff to you before it causes more problems than it fixes. I've got to accept glasses for the next 10 years.
>>
>>10626421
Retnoid pigmintosis, choroiderimia?
>>
>>10626437
I was diagnosed with stargardt's when I was young, but because my eyes have stabilized they now actually aren't completely sure what is wrong with me. Me not being blind is a rare and confusing anomaly. I instead just have very bad eye sight that doctors are afraid to deal with.
>>
>>10626462
I know that feel man, choroiderimias left me night blind, eventually becoming blind around fortyish.
Isnt knowledge great?
I wasnt always the big guy, I was enlisted for the navy til they found out.
No degeneration allowed
>>
>>10623524
desu you can get free try on from warby parker and post the pics and people will tell you which to go with, alternatively you can get cheap pair from zennioptical and see how you feel about them
I think those frames look pretty bad IMO, I'm a big fan of horn rimmed glasses but I Know people think they are played out or something
>>
>>10626560
brow line *
>>
>>10623524
>24/7

Rimless titanium
Soft rectangular shape
If your head it large enough, go for more square rather than long and super thin (it looks more masculine).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.