[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fa/. My sister just attempted suicide. Im tryna improve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Yom.jpg (113KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Yom.jpg
113KB, 600x900px
Hey /fa/. My sister just attempted suicide. Im tryna improve her life a little. What are some cute clothes. Mone'ys not really an object here, but I doubt she'd wear balmain.
>>
>>10617284
>My sister just attempted suicide.
>Im tryna improve her life a little.
>What are some cute clothes.
sorry to hear this, OP but I'm sure you know better than to think this alone will help her. Spend time with her, talk with her but primarily listen. Fortunately you can do this while clothes shopping with her.

A very close friend of mine killed himself last month and I hope you never have to experience this
>>
Maybe try talking to her instead of buying her material possessions.
>>
The GYM
>>
>>10617288
>>10617295
Not OP but don't you think he's already doing all that? I doubt anyone is stupid enough to think that buying someone clothes alone will improve their life after attempted suicide. Seriously, use some common sense guys.
>>
op i hope you're alright and that your sister doesn't feel too shit

pardon the indiscretion but if you don't mind sharing, could you give some brief background on why she tried to end her life?
>>
I live in suicide capital of the Bay Area. Palo alto.

I do talk to her, we dont have much in common and she doesnt have much clothing because shes poor and my parents dont buy her anything because she was the last child.

I just want to buy her some nice stuff so she can fit in with her rich friends.
>>
>>10617450
rick owens
>>
Valentino, or maybe you should give her the money or go shopping with her and let her made the choice
>>
>"my sister just tried to kill herself, how do I cheer her up?"
>"oh I know! Ill ask effay abd have her dress in all black, and pick up smoking and an eating disorder!"
>>
Go clothes shopping with her and take her out on the town or something. She needs comfort, not clothes.
>>
>little rich girl wants to kill herself

buy her some rope, and you're a jackass thinking you can solve her mental problems with CLOTHES
>>
>>10617284
you know i'm pretty suicidal too
>>
>>10617315
It is not common sense to assume everyone has it
>>
>>10617284
Why is she such a failure at killing herself?
>>
>>10618108
You want some clothes buddy?
>>
File: do it.jpg (18KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
do it.jpg
18KB, 480x358px
tell her to wear a rope around her neck
>>
>>10617284
Ignore the shitposters. Go somewhere with her like the other anons said, she needs to change her mind
>>
File: 1425628809174.gif (2MB, 332x215px) Image search: [Google]
1425628809174.gif
2MB, 332x215px
>>10618122
>>
>>10619023
Piss off you edgy fuccboi
>>
>>10617284
i think many people who are prone to depression have had to deal with suicidal thoughts. In fact, according to the WHO, "suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death in the world for those aged 15-44 years." People do it because they feel trapped and hopeless, as if nothing will ever change. Talk with her about what's going on and let her know that life gets better. Show her pictures of the ocean or beautiful places you've been to. Show her the potential experiences she would leave behind if she really did commit suicide. Convince her that life is beautiful and ending it now isn't worth it.
>>
File: lena durr.jpg (800KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
lena durr.jpg
800KB, 1200x800px
I mean, im not even suicidal anymore and I dont think its even worth it. The only thing thats kept me living is curiousity.

But I was suicidal at her age too and even way before. Im not worried about her dying. I am worried how these issues are going to manifest themselves into her life down the road in becoming a functioning adult.

Right now, I feel like she thinks shes being ignored. My mom is barely home and kind of gave up raising kids my other sister left for college. So I think deep inside there is resentment for really never giving her the pampering my mom gave me and my dad gave the other one...
>>
>>10619980
In my highschool years, I was a poorfag in an area with no public transportation and I was frustrated with my parents for being emotionally distant and unable to drive me to extracurriculars after work. I attended a prep school on a scholarship because I had good grades, but I stuck out because of my economic status and individualism. The people who surrounded me made me feel misunderstood and unappreciated. By sophomore year I was very depressed and thought about suicide for a few weeks. I stopped myself because I thought hanging would hurt and I didn't have the resolve to actively seek other methods; I still had innate confidence in my potential; and I was in love with someone I didn't want to hurt.

I don't want to seem as if I'm trying to project my experiences onto those of your sister, but based on what you're saying, I think she was in a similar situation to mine. She felt unappreciated and that no one would miss her if she was gone. Maybe now you aren't worried about her actually succeeding in committing suicide, but *you know* that after you've had that kind of attitude, it's an effort not to regress into the same patterns of thought. My recommendation to you is: don't take the time you have with her for granted. Tell her you love her and you will never be separated as long as she needs you. And, I think most importantly, don't take life for granted yourself. It's better to have the potential to cherish others and develop as a person than to deny yourself that potential forever.
>>
File: kardel sharpie.gif (13KB, 163x160px) Image search: [Google]
kardel sharpie.gif
13KB, 163x160px
>>10620112
I mean, she had her god moment, the moment she came in my room I saw that she knew why she didn't want to die.

I had a similar moment driving into oncoming traffic and running someone off the road in my attempt. I can only explain it as skydiving without a parachute and still surviving.

Im there for her if she needs it. She just hates rejection. So she doesn't ask for anything for fear of being told no. My parents would buy her things, but she doesnt want to ask.

And in some ways, I never had to ask growing up. My mom would by me sets of clothes to try out and then she'd do the returns.

Anyways, I'm not fundamentally happier now than I was at her age. It just becomes much easier with adulthood to avoid suicide triggers. However, Im still constantly assessing how easy it would be to kill myself in almost every situation.

Anyways, 30 pills of ibuprofen is nothing. I'm glad she was naive enough to believe that would kill her, just to have the internal life-meaning dialog.

Its funny how actively unhelpful some people on here are though. I literally just wanted some meme girl clothes. Been here for 3 years, constantly bitching about basic bitches yet you don't want to change the system.
>>
>>10619032
you'd be surprised, anon.
>>
>>10617450
need more background
if she has rich friends then she is fine with them the way she is.. Unless she stopped talking to them more than anyone.
I attempted suicide od and surviving it didn't change my outlook on life at all. I didn't feel more appreciation for life. I even moved to another country to try to get away from everything.. didn't work. What worked was doing things I liked before I get depressed.. not things that took mental effort for me like drawing or /fit/ just stuff like getting out and forcing myself to socialize.
If anything you should worry about what >>10619980 said
>how these issues are going to manifest themselves into her life down the road in becoming a functioning adult
clothes might give her more confidence but they won['t ultimately help
>>
>>10620299
So you just wanted meme girl clothes, huh. Well, I don't know your sister's style, but let's see if I can recommend something tasteful.

Is minimalist? If so, she might just want these basic dresses:
http://www.monki.com/gb/Dresses

Or maybe she'll want to look a bit more free-spirited:

http://www.freepeople.com/tops/

Or if she wants to look professional, she can find jackets and blazers here:

http://www.thelimited.com/womens-clothing/jacket-blazer?navid=top

Regardless, I'm sure your sister appreciates that you care for her. Good luck with everything, kiddo.
>>
Is she hot?
>>
>>10617450
bruh silly question but are you korean by any chance?
>>
>>10620382
not op but good shit man, this is what /fa/ should be
>>
>>10617284
cop her some ssri's

and this>>10617298

changing your physical shell in an athletic way does wonders for many people
be her gym buddy
>>
>>10620626
/fa/ should be full of people sharing links to shitty 3rd world clothing?
>>
>>10620382
>>10620112
>>10619115
you're like tripsk's autistic little sister, stop posting
>>
>http://eatyourdrugs-dontdovegetables.tumblr.com/
general aesthetic bullshit
>>
Remember you are in 4chan. Ignore shit ppl. Take her to a nice place, or go shopping with her. choosing clothing yourself is allways better.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.