[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw your wardrobe reached the point at which its exclusively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

>tfw your wardrobe reached the point at which its exclusively high fashion items you will only have to add a few shirts and maybe shoes here and there
Finally, time to spend less money on clothes.
>>
richfag
>>
>>10614829
And then you lose interest in fashion and realize it was a waste of time and money
>>
>>10614840
Lets hope not. I have been interested in fashion for ~12 years and build by current wardrobe for the last ~5 years after trying out a shit ton of stuff prior to it. Everything is going to be fine, just believe.
>>
>>10614829
goals
>>
>>10614834

i made a decently sizeable wardrobe filled with designer garments on a minimum wage job while paying my own rent and bills.

it's called patience and research and consumer savviness
>>
>>10616536
>there are people who dont know when the sales start, dont have at least 8+ high fashion wholesale websites bookmarked and pay full retail instead of 70% of less
I dont think I have bought a single high fashion piece of full retail price in like 5 years.
>>
i'd always keep some old clothes on hand that don't work for fits. you never know when you will need to dress like shit. if i want to fix my drain, i wouldn't wear prada.
>>
New things will appear. And you'll covet them. Even if you're happy with what you have and you're a discerning customer, you'll notice and you'll want them. And you'll buy them.

Building a wardrobe isn't like the perfect marriage, where you have a strong foundation and put effort into maintaining things (vacations, dates, really taking time to be there for your partner) to become closer and maintain what you built.

It's like you have a girl you like at home and she's fine. But when you go out you meet girls who have everything she doesn't. And your girl is fine with it. She'd be cool if you brought girls home and fucked them too. Maybe she'd even play along. She plays well with your new girls at first but they are less and less like her every time. And the more you do it, the less respect you have for your girl. Nothing is permanent. You can't grasp perfection. Your dream of having had the first option was foiled by your greed. You've ruined yourself. You've ruined your perception of your girl/wardrobe and you're still tempted to keep chasing.
>>
>>10616549
I know. The point I was trying to make is that when starting a wardrobe that fits a certain style, youre usually forced to start somewhere. Most people lack the funds to just buy 50 pieces at one. Which means that you have X pieces that fit said style, and X*Y pieces that dont. With time you slowly approach the point at which you can wear your preferred style any day of the week without being forced to wear the same clothes every two days.

I still have a shit ton of cheap stuff. I go running in a C&A sweater for 10 bucks, but simply dont consider that to be part of my wardrobe. Hell, I am sitting here in a pair of 12 year old Nike jogging pants (which still look ridiculously good considering their age).

It should be obvious that this only works if you found the perfect match. If you trend hop every winter then you will never reach that point.

>>10616566
Agreed, however I can spice up things by simply buying shirts and shoes here and there, which are by far the cheapest pieces. As soon as you spend the money on staple pieces like jackets, coats, pants and some knit, the effective cost goes down by a shit ton. Especially since things like blazers do not tend to change much. Which means that you dont have an incentive to buy a new one every season just because the lapel of Black Blazer 1 is slightly different than the lapel of Black Blazer 2.

You understand what I am getting at?
>>
>>10616542
>8 high fashion wholesale websites
>when sales start

pls share.
>>
>>10618195
mrporter
matchesfashion
thecorner
okini
lanecrawford (shit for europeans due to tax and customs)
ssense (shit for europeans due to tax and customs)
mayfair
harveynichols
selfridges
barneys (shit for europeans due to tax and customs)
the labels own eshop (most have one by now)

Sales usually start 20.6. - 30.6. and 20.12. - 30.12.

Depending on your history with a store you might get access to so called 'VIP' sales. Meaning that they give you a voucher code so you can get all the items 30% off like 1 months prior to everybody else. I already blew most my money for this season because of this, got access to the sale I was looking forward to last week.

The good thing about high fashion is that due to the amount of third party retailers there will hardly ever be any items that are sold out prior to sale. If its sold out on 1, its probably still being sold on 2 to 3 others. And if you get up at 7am and spam check the websites I listed above you will almost always be one of the first people to notice the sale and ultimately will be the first to place his order and get the items you want.

This method worked for 4 years now. The reason why I recently bought an item for its full retail price was because it was exclusively sold by a single store, and that store only had 1 left in my size. So I preferred paying full retail over not getting the item I wanted.
>>
>>10618255
>additional stores
farfetch
harrods
luisaviroma
>>
>>10614829
Anon, if you think there is an end boss in fashion you are playing the game all wrong. (Ok ccp is the end boss but that's not my point)

I've said 'my wardrobe is perfect just as it is' so many times but thankfully designers come up with sick new shit all the time and I end up spending ungodly amounts of time and money stalking all the new stuff I want.
>>
>>10618255
thank you senpai
>>
>>10614829
I will never reach that point cause I need 'beater' clothes for ton of activities and special clothing that I have purely for their function in other activities.
>>
>>10618255
>>10618265
thanks lads or lasses.
>>
>>10618255
Do cp achilles in white ever go on sale anywhere?? I've always seen every other colour way go on sale but full white and full black always stay at retail
>>
>>10618255
tfw no paypal in your country
>>
>>10618265
that's mayfair.fashion?
>>
>>10618255
This is what people talk about when they say the board needs to be improved. Thank you, Anon.
>>
>>10616566
Good post.
>>
>>10618255
great post
this board needs more of this
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.