[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is everyone obsessing over adidas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: adidas.jpg (220KB, 675x482px) Image search: [Google]
adidas.jpg
220KB, 675x482px
why is everyone obsessing over adidas?
>>
Skepta and Stormzy.
>>
are you a slav OP?
>>
shit is cyclical. their track tops were super popular like 10-15 years ago as people referenced the 80s.

also, something something collabs something internet something hypebeastiality who cares.
>>
>>10614791
what is that fucking thing in the first picture
>>
The three stripes are probably the most recognizable non-logo branding for sportswear. It can be pretty /fa/ too.
>>
Because all day they dream about sports
>>
I think they're just really easy to imitate for manufacturers to reproduce. They're not exactly a trend, but a very convenient and affordable style for the poorer class to wear. I'm talking about the stripes btw; either they're imitated or counterfeit Adidas items are made.

Also the fact that football is very popular around the world and quite a few famous football players and clubs endorse Adidas.
>>
>>10614791
Tbqh, that suit is goat
Would cop in a second
>>
>>10614791
Honestly?

Adidas happens to meet that unique Venn diagram of not being too expensive, having a sort of sports-y affiliation, and having been relatively desirable goods in certain countries (e.g. Russia, where they probably wouldn't have touched Nike with a 10ft pole) for a good long time. It doesn't hurt that the clothing is fairly comfy, meaning it doesn't take much effort to jump into a track suit.

There are a lot of other reasons playing into it, of course. Case in point, there were allegedly gangs in Russia that wore the brand openly because it was a sort of brand of their wealth and ability to get expensive foreign shit, but... can't confirm it, to say the least.
>>
>>10614791
I live in the bay area and it's everywhere on my college campus now.

You see girls dressed head to toe in adidas crap. Mixmatched originals and whatever the hell they sell at ross to achieve maximum koreaboo tumblrcore status.
>>
something gets abnormally hyped for some reason, rappers or collabs or some shit. then tumblr and instagram attention whores from both sexes use the hype to look cool, thus fueling the hype even more until infinity.

welcome to the future of fashion
>>
why ARENT you
>>
Is that Adidas blazer fully canvassed?
>>
Are you sure Adidas is hyped right now?

Not even 5 months have passed and there have already been 3 "Clearance tent sales," At the same place for Adidas merch.

An I'm not talking about from 2010...it's all new shit.
>>
>>10614791
So cringe worthy.
>Op-sama are you slav.?
>>
>>10616256

why would russian's not touch Nike?
>>
Adidas is cool as fuck right now. The three stripe symbol is both minimal and easy to identify as adidas. Most of adidas stuff (at least what I see) are generally minimalist in their design and its not all about advertising their brand as much as Nike does. I personally like them way more than nike, the things they're pushing out right now is incredible
>>
>>10618042
Nike is an American company. Back in the day, that was an indictment enough. Adidas is German.
>>
>>10618042
>>10618165
Never heard of this bullsshit, Nike is almost as popular as Adidas.
t. Russian
>>
i don't know why now, but adidas did have goat advertising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkRzfHU6R5g
>>
I was waiting for someone else to post it... But in short: Kanye

Don't get me wrong, I fuck wit Kanye
>>
nike shills are getting nervous
>>
File: 1426982975602.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1426982975602.gif
2MB, 500x281px
for an honest opinion there are a few different things.

>designer collabs
yhoji, rick , raf, yzy, etc all have shoe collaborations with adidas which bumps them over nike in the Higher fashion" market. all nike has now in that form is what? gyakusou, supreme, and sacai? adidas has bigger names right now not to mention y3 which is its own brand now.

>trends
adidas marketing team is using some black magic shit to throw themselves into every popular fuccboi trend. they have the sadbois heath goth thing going on with their tracksuits and boost stuff plus y3 and qasa hype. don't have the money for y3? then you can still buy tubulars from them, while every normcore girl on tumblr is wearing some adi original like the superstar stan smith or sambas. kanye joining them is huge for them because now they also have the yzy military hobo thing on lock too. surprised they dont have an SFB clone yet desu.

they're marketing team is just capitalizing on internet trends just for fun and its making them crazy money. its not like they have to worry about becoming uncool either because they'll always have slavs/chavs/actual athletes to fall back on until they resurface as cool again in 15 years. the 3 stripes is too iconic to completely die out.

autistic rant over.
>>
>>10616823
What school do u go to? I live in the bay too
>>
>>10619174
sjsu senpai
>>
only a fucking slav would wear an adidas suit tbqh family
>>
the reason i prefer adidas over nike at the moment is that the stripes are easily recognisable. a lot of basic nike outers only have the tiny tick, which can be hard to see, so might as well wear something not branded
adidas is a nice balance between branded clothing but still being relatively affordable
>>
File: WP_20151114_021.jpg (2MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151114_021.jpg
2MB, 3552x2000px
>>10614791
<<
>>
File: 1444863502349.webm (1MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1444863502349.webm
1MB, 320x320px
>mfw still waiting for that white tracksuit with light blue stripes to pop into existence
>>
B A S I C
A
S
I
C
>>
>>10614808
Dun kno senpai
>>
TUMBLR
>>
>>10615278
A human male. Probably aged anywhere from 17-21
>>
I noticed a lot of asian girls in my school started wearing adidas stuff like jackets and caps

they look cute but holy shit they have no individuality/creativity whatsoever
>>
I get to impress internet cute meme girls and the closet internet meme girls irl dressing in Adidas even though I'm too much of a sperg to actually talk to them and I just go home and play vidya. Tldr impress tumblr girls at affordable cost
>>
>>10616256
The only thing you didn't mention is that Adidas has been the unofficial uniform of soccer fanatics / street hoodlums for thirty years and also happens to be the biggest sports brand on the planet (Nike is the biggest in America, of course)
>>
>>10616157
three stripes is the logo...
>>
Reappropriation of Slavic culture
>>
>>10622064
Thats a real life pepe complete with even everything, even the reeeeeeeeeeeee
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.