[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting Uni soon, what are the most /fa/ majors/careers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: cuckege.jpg (174KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
cuckege.jpg
174KB, 500x387px
Starting Uni soon, what are the most /fa/ majors/careers?
>>
gender studies
african percussions
>>
we already pick out your clothes for you, now you want us to choose your major for you?
>>
>>10607755
i just need a direction, really lost and confused a the moment
>>
just stop being a fucking faggot and study something you actually enjoy and give a shit about, and figure out how to make money off of it

or

you can go for job security and be a boring ass stem major and hate your life, slowly becoming obese in that cubicle you were assigned to
>>
>>10607783
> boring ass stem major

Struggling to find work is not 'exciting'.

Honestly OP I would recommend looking into STEM fields that interest you. There are a lot of different options and you can have pretty secure work for a long time.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 618x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 618x405px
>>10607760
>trying to base life decisions over the opinions of poorly dressed strangers on the Internet
El oh el.
>>
>>10607910
>>10607783
unemployed STEM major here, it's not as easy as it seems
>>
>>10607910
The unemployment rate for Liberal Arts majors is not noticeably higher than STEM majors. All of that nonsense is essentially.

And even if it was, why the fuck is life worth living if you're gonna be tied to something to you don't even like solely for the "job security".
>>
>>10607941
*essentially a meme
>>
Are you going to USF?
>>
>>10607919
What major?
>>
>>10607749
USF is so un effay its ridiculous. Wannabe fashionistas and "who do you know here" jocks.

Enjoy :^)
>>
Philosophy desu
>>
>>10607749

poor and /fa/:
architecture
fine arts
liberal arts

miserable and /fa/:
soft sciences
math

miserable and restrictively /fa/:
business
finance

miserable and un/fa/:
accounting
engineering
hard sciences

if you were capable of thinking for yourself

rich and /fa/:
what you like and do well

poor and un/fa/:
what you don't like and do poorly in
>>
>>10607749
Do what you enjoy. Enthusiasm, determination and direction in life are extremely attractive qualities.

Going into a major you hate just to impress others is fucking ridiculous. Knowing yourself and doing what you love is rare for people. Most people hate their jobs. And that's so sad to me.
>>
>>10607749
User Experience Design my nigga
>>
Can somebody tell me what an engineer exactly does? Doesn't matter what kind of. Do they sit in an office drawing some designs or supervise workers in a factory?
>>
>>10608043
economics???? prolly restrictively /fa/ but twill jackets are neat.
>>
>>10607760
IT! Decent pay, easy to learn unless youre an idiot, lots of job security because most people know nothing about computers or i.t., and everyone else in i.t. looks like shit, so youll always be the best dressed. Or gender studies
>>
>>10608058
Problem is I dont enjoy any courses. I just dont want to be neet all my life so im picking electrical engineering because Im good at math and physics and it pays really well
>>
>>10608097
economics is a liberal art
>>
>>10608091

>Doesn't matter what kind of.

It actually matters a lot what kind of. There are engineers that do both, but I'd say the first kind is more common. Even in one branch of engineering you can do both those things, except you would be optimizing manufacturing processes instead of 'supervising workers.'
>>
>>10608132
you're dumb as hell
>>
>>10608135
What about electrical engineering
>>
>>10607749
an /fa/ major involves creativity, dynamic ever-changing work environments, aesthetics/taste/style judgements, pay well and are aspirational.

Overall winner: Architecture

Commended areas:
Advertising/marketing,
Graphic Design and any design
Journalism/writing/photography/videography
music/art/fashion design
>>
>>10607749
Deciding your major/career by how fashionable it is... god damn you're stupid.
>>
>>10607919
Ahahaha too busy being effay to develop connections?
>>
chemistry
>>
>>10607749
Architect student here.

We're /fa/af.
>>
Bio major here, what is more effay than studying life while working in a research lab with a guarantee to work for the CDC?
>>
>>10609586
>guaranteed work
i thought biology was the gender studies of the sciences, please tell me why I'm wrong
>>
>>10609651
Maybe at your alma mater. I'm at HYPS helping in research that can potentially save your life later on.
>>
>>10608043
I thought architecture was one of the highest paying careers?
>>
>>10608160
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_arts_education

>Modern usage
>social science (economics, ...)

wew lad, turns out you're the moron
>>
>>10609542
Absolutely this
>>
I got an English literature major and now I work a cool job as a food journalist.

>>10609679
architect majors have the highest unemployment rate out of ALL recent majors for recent college grads. it's not necessarily that high paying either unless you're jeanne gang or frank gehry or someone well-known like that
>>
>>10609679
Sure, which is why it probably has the highest amount of graduates for the lowest amount of jobs
>>
>>10610069
How did you get into journalism? It's an effay field desu.
>>
>>10610098
Well after I graduated I took some odd jobs like being a line cook and also doing some copyediting for this shit catalog, then I applied to be a proofreader for a food magazine and after a while they started letting me write copy for it and then I got promoted and now I get to write pieces for it
>>
>>10607919
May I ask what your major is?
In pharmacy at least, the last year of rotations makes it basically guaranteed you get a job through networking unless you're a total dipshit.
>>
File: Bm6QGndCEAAZTOQ.jpg large.jpg (38KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Bm6QGndCEAAZTOQ.jpg large.jpg
38KB, 500x700px
Any of the following careers:
accounting
architecture
banking
dentistry
executive management
IT management
law
management consulting
medicine
pharmaceuticals
professional engineering
real estate development
surgery
research and technology development
>>
>>10609651
>please tell me why I'm wrong
because youre a clueless shut-in who gets his views on the world from memes on 4chan
>>
File: Knugen.png (276KB, 430x310px) Image search: [Google]
Knugen.png
276KB, 430x310px
>>10610133
>banking
>management consulting

Mah niggah!
>>
File: No Hope.jpg (17KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
No Hope.jpg
17KB, 284x339px
>>10610098
>It's an effay field desu.

Only in movies, bruh. Only in movies...

>tfw wanted to live the The Killing Fields -lifestyle when younger but then I noticed that journalists are whores of satan
>>
>>10607919

Me too, Microbiology. Doing Web dev instead...
>>
>>10607749
most /fa/ majors : history , philosophy, pure math, pure physics, classics

i hate being an engineer
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.