[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fa/.. need a little advice ok i'll start with a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 45503_StreetStyle_10.jpg (2MB, 2604x4520px) Image search: [Google]
45503_StreetStyle_10.jpg
2MB, 2604x4520px
hey /fa/.. need a little advice

ok i'll start with a little about me:
>26
>work office job w/ no dress code (besides look presentable)
>never in my life wear a dress shirt except for weddings/interviews/etc..
>daily attire: jeans / hoodie / sneakers. usually all black (pic related kind of, not me tho)

so.. my question is.. how can i transition into a nicer daily wear? nothing too crazy, maybe dress shirt untucked, black/beige/brown pants, decent shoes.

i don't wanna just show up one day, it would be to weird.. how to make this transition a little more subtle? slow..

i'll probably get ripped but whatever figure i might as well try.. also if you'd like to post recommendations on what types of clothes to buy to achieve end goal that would be cool too

thanks /fa/
>>
Afraid to get ripped for what? Dressing well? Tell the h9rs to piss off.

I'm moderately overdressed for my office (If the average "dress" level is around a 5, I usually dress an 8), but my reasoning is I actually go and see patients and convince them to take risky drugs for testing purposes. Everyone else just stares at a computer screen or is on conference calls all day. My point? I have the highest data and am setting records way above anyone who has had my position before me. In fact, the CIO is in the works in creating a position tailor fit (pun intended) for me, because they don't want me to leave after my 1 year temp is up. I attribute some of this success to my ability to present myself confidently and professionally, and this includes how I dress. I've been mistaken for a doctor on many of occasions, and I take that as a compliment.

tl;dr, dress how you want and if people rip on your, rip on them back for being dirty plebs.
>>
>>10493509
>h9rs
Lol r u retarded bro... h9rs lmao smh
>>
>>10493517
tbh
>>
>>10493509
Longwinded oversharing aside, this guy is correct.

Why transition? Just start dressing how you want to dress and anyone who doesn't like it can eat a dick

source: made the same transition from dirtball pleb to well dressed professional
>>
>how to make this transition a little more subtle? slow..
The answer is literally to go slowly. Build up a good foundation of well fitting basics that fit your lifestyle, and branch out from there. Don't go and change/ try a bunch of things at once, it'll be too jarring and you'll feel uncomfortable (you'll already be self concious as fuck for the first little while); instead, slowly introduce and try new things so you can determine what it is that you actually enjoy wearing and go from there.
>>
File: 1444396502869.jpg (462KB, 1050x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444396502869.jpg
462KB, 1050x1080px
>>10493492

Do the opposite of pic related
>>
whatever you have right now probably doesn't fit right so the first thing should be to get hoodies, jeans etc. that fit
>>
>>10493517
>>10493519

srry y'all took the b8 m8s
>>
>>10493509
>>10493520

>>10493524

so 2 say just dive in and do it, one says to upgrade one piece at a time..

>>10493530
everything i wear fits well. maybe not some of my older hoodies but i only wear those at home or friends house close by, never public places.. also i know my pants are too long and i should get them shortened but i'm lazy..

guess you're right after all..

i think i might just go all out, might be easier now that winter is coming up. wearing a dress shirt with a sweater on top is easier than just a dress shirt. also can just wear my jacket all day if it's bad lol
>>
File: 20.jpg (396KB, 580x870px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
396KB, 580x870px
>>10493550
something like this would be the end daily goal.. with different shoes....
>>
>>10493557

From what I can tell from the description of the general attire at your work, this would be a 100% improvement.

Oh, and fuck a casual Friday.

>>10493520

Sorry about the long wind lol, Adderall has me by the balls today.
>>
>>10493565
>Adderall has me by the balls today.

That'll happen fam
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.