[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fabric

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: toxic.jpg (98KB, 876x357px) Image search: [Google]
toxic.jpg
98KB, 876x357px
Well, fuck. This explains why being active, eating healthy, getting proper vitamins, etc. hasn't made me feel better. It's the fucking fabric of my clothing that's making me feel like shit.

Does anyone else here avoid certain fabrics? From now on I'm paying more attention.
>>
whoever wrote that article is a sensationalist idiot

everything is toxic
everything gives you cancer
worrying about cancer is probably giving you cancer
>>
>>10483933
Nice try, government shill cuck fuck.
>>
You don't know that much about chemistry/toxicology, right OP?

What products are made of is largely irrelevant. Harmful reagents are generally not included in the final product.

The fact that harmful substances may with the final product, to some degree, doesn't mean that it enters your body.

The fact that it enters your body doesn't mean that it does that in high enough quantities to cause harm to you.

Toxicity is dose-dependent.

--
The list you've posted is mostly relevant for environmental concerns - not directly personal health.
>>
>>10483937
>may come with*

btw
>>
>>10483937
There are multiple studies suggesting that these fabrics are indeed toxic for the human body, you are very misinformed.
>>
>>10483941
The information contained in my post doesn't negate any of that.

The fact that chemical residues may be present in clothing, and harm the body, is mostly not something that can be derived from that shitty list. It just seems to be mostly related to environmental concerns.

Just buy 2nd hand clothes if you're worried, btw. Most of the chemicals from the production process has been washed away by then.
>>
>>10483941
>
could you link some of these studies? genuinely curious
>>
>>10483950
just google "fabrics toxins health pdf" for example

OP is still completely exaggerating everything without knowing shit
>>
>>10483927
>Oh, the reason I'm still a skinnyfat loser is because DA GUBMINT is poisoning me with clothes! This buzzfeed listicle is a pretty solid excuse to stop going to the gym after 2 months
>>
Just stick to tweed.
>>
>>10483927
Of all the reasons to get natural fibers over synthetic (looks better, lasts longer, feels better, regulates temperature better, etc) worrying about cancer is pretty low on the list tbh fam.
>>
>>10483933
yup.

I wore teflon coated trousers all through primary and high school (britfag)

Worked with PTFE for a year as a Metal Finishing inspector, also washed my hands in a caustic bath multiple times a day.

Ammonia can come from pee, pee is used to extract some natural dyes.( Historically purple from snail shells for example)

Petroleum jelly (vaseline) is very safe, in fact non toxic and even edible. Lipstick is petroleum wax.

The rest is only scary to who evers putting it through the processes. (wearing PPE) Or inhaling the burning fumes.

While were getting bummy about the garms what about our water we shower in? Air we breathe and travel through?

Hair is made of Keratin which is found in cleaning products such as Tresamme and even L'Oreal. It contains many carcinogens, poisons and metals contracted through constant air/moisture exposure and is never sterile upon use.

oooo. scaree
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.