[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this, /diy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1450132664658-439099912.jpg (960KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1450132664658-439099912.jpg
960KB, 1456x2592px
What is this, /diy/?
>>
can U show the other side?
>>
>>915110
It's an IC (Integrated Circuit) of some kind. There's probably a part number for it if you look on the other side.
>>
>>915110

It LOOKS like a DFN (dual flat no-lead) IC package, but the spacing on the contacts is odd.

Not to mention the package itself looks old as hell.

If you're asking what's in it, I don't exactly know why the fuck you'd expect anyone to be able to tell you that with no visible part number or any other sort of manufacturer's mark.
>>
>>915110
An eeprom if that circle is a window. Is ot a sticker? What can you see in there?
>>
>>915114
Other side is the same, but with no black circle.

>>915116
Well, smd ceramic caps have no markings and so are easily identifiable

>>915119
It's just a solid block, there's no window in there
>>
>>915110
Looks like an early SM device, military used to make them like this in ceramic packages.
>>
File: 1779474-40.jpg (6KB, 312x200px) Image search: [Google]
1779474-40.jpg
6KB, 312x200px
Could it be a capacitor network?
>>
>>915110

thats a component ribbon from a large reel thats used in automatic pick and place machines... that are used to put components onto boards in automated facilities
>>
>>915133
Yes but what is that odd brown component? I tried to bite one, but they're really hard
>>
>>915135
>I tried to bite one
>>
>>915135

>bite one

the fuck?

also it looks like an IC but it seems to be a custom made one for custom application and appears to be surface mount, but then again the contacts go around the sides it might be for a special IC socket that it just slips into
>>
>>915110
components that come in reels like that with no markings are generally made for obfuscating the circuit. for example, if a manufacturer wants to make it slightly harder to reverse engineer their product, they will order reels with no markings. this is common practice in circuits that use common programmable chips like avr or pics. introduces another layer of wtf to breaking it down and reading it.

that said, maybe its such a simple chip like a capacitor network and you can simply use your multimeter to read its value.
>>
>>915135

Assuming this is computer tech, most of these components are made with extremely toxic chemicals plus heavy metals. It's strongly recommended that you don't put them in your mouth.

mercury
lead
bromine
barium
phosphorous
nickel
cadmium
silver oxides
etc.

The list goes on. It's nasty shit. There's a reason that some of the big environmental regulations of the last couple decades have been about electronics and electronic components.
>>
>>915329
pussy. I eat bromine for breakfast, nickel for lunch. and cadmium for dinner. lead and mercury as snacks.

You must live in commieforina or something.
>muh lead gives you cancer.
>>
>>915132
Yeah, that would be my guess too. A resistor or capacitor network. It is hard to get a good idea of the scale of OPs pic though. Almost seems to big to be surfacemount
>>
>>915362
It's much larger than the resistor and capacitor networks I have seen. Maybe it's something meant to be used with iron bonding inside a potted case.
>>
I broke one of them. It doesn't seem like there's a die inside it. The material inside looks just like outside, so it's probably just a weird capacitor.
>>
>>915132
I've seen chips like that on older HDDs. The ones I saw were square and slid into a socket and were held in by the friction against the sides.
>>
>>915329
Won't all that be contained within the case?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.