[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a rat problem, and can't catch the little bugger.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1450051728937.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1450051728937.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I have a rat problem, and can't catch the little bugger. Any idea for a diy trap an bait?
>>
>>914633
Box, stick, and cheese. Put a rock on the box so it doesn't go running all over with the box on it's head.
>>
Your shitty picture is shitty
But if you have room, then a snare
Remove the wire from the back of a picture.
Loop on one end and thread the loose end through the loop. Secure loose end to fixed object
Make it small so only the head will fit.
Alternate method is to add a weight and a trigger
When rat sticks head in snare, it releases the trigger and weight lifting animal into the air hanging by the neck.
A snare is a killing trap, don't use if you have pets.
>>
>>914633
A 5 gallon bucket, half full of water. An empty soda can, a wire coat hanger, and some peanut butter. Duct tape.

Straighten the hanger as necessary to give you a relatively straight section that's 4 inches longer than the bucket mouth width. Cut this section off. Drill a hole in the center of the bottom of the empty soda can. Thread the can onto the hanger wire, so that the wire serves as an axle. Apply a generous band of peanut butter around the midsection of the can. Center this assembly across the mouth of the bucket. Secure the axle ends to the bucket with duct tape.

Set this rig up in a quiet area frequented by rats, adding an inclined plank from floor to rim for ease of access. Rats run up the ramp, jump onto the can to get the peanut butter. Can rolls, dropping rat in water. Nuff said. It's a proven method, and it's cheap.
>>
>>914778
This. KISS.
>Keep it simple, stupid
>>
Rig up a food processor on a motion sensor with a timer, say 15 seconds or so, so that the rat has time to get comfy with whatever bait you've placed inside it.

But seriously just buy some traps.
>>
>>914778
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4PaGvAhV9I
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 448x299px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 448x299px
>>914778
It's a proven technique.
>>
>>914878
>lets a mouse escape multiple times, letting it gain knowledge of his traps
The fool.
>>
>>915432
Well, you paid attention to the video.
>>
>>915441
Well sure, he said he didn't want to drown mice on youtube, but the point stands, he could've still made the mouse unable to escape the trap while not killing it on camera.
>>
>>914633

Rat trap for $3, peanut butter as the bait. Problem speed, OP
>>
>>914633
Use a normal rat trap. Tie a short piece of yarn to the trigger. Mash peanut butter into the yarn. Set the trap.

/thread
>>
Rescue a Jack Russell Terrier from a pound or shelter.
>>
>>915546
Agreed. They are also excellent at murdering pigeons and blue-tongue lizards.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.