[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/ Today someone gifted me a Gameboy and i want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20151212_114545676.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151212_114545676.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
Hello /diy/
Today someone gifted me a Gameboy and i want to customize it
Any ideas?
>>
>>913922

what kind of Gameboy is it? Classic? Light? Pocket? Is it the one in the Picture?
If yes why does it have plastic foil on it?

Potential customz:
>Backlighting
>Sound Outlet
>Get some kind of GB Everdrive to have all the games on your gb
>repainting it
>new rad buttons

that is all i come up with itm, google can probably help you alot as usual
>>
>>913926
It's a GBC
>>
There's a way to modify the cartridge?
>>
>>913922
>using "gift" as a verb

Pls "transition" your way somewhere else...
>>
Get it to read games from floppy disks:
http://hxc2001.free.fr/gbdk/
>>
>>913967
Fuck off, retard
>>
>>913922
Best advice.
Don't.
Leave it as is and if it get busted up through wear and tear then patch it and customize it otherwise just buy another thats in poor shape to fix up
>>
>>913979
He's right though. You were probably birthed from your mothers anus
>>
Look into chiptunes stuff.

Easy source for custom shells/backlights/shit like that.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwJQxD8LLNY

Over clock it
>>
How the fuck i can modify the cartridge
I dont have floppy device on my pc
>>
>>913922
>gifted
That's an adjective, for when someone is well-endowed intellectually or in talents. You're thinking of the past tense of the verb "to give", which looks like this: "gave". It's easy to use in sentences, too. You can try it yourself! "Someone gave me"...
>>
>>914405
No it's not, it's a simple-past.

It has a homophonic homograph that's an adjective, but that not what was used there.

"Gave" and "gifted" have similar, but subtly different meanings: "gifted" connotes that the object was given as a gift to mark an occasion, or as an act of friendship, or through altruism ("he gifted $50,000 to the Red Cross"), whereas "gave" has no connotations, and OP could have "been given" the gameboy to, for instance, settle a debt.

tl;dr: don't be a grammar smartarse unless you actually know your shit.
>>
>>914411
"Gifted" used for "gave" is recently made-up bull for people who think just using the word we already have is somehow beneath them.

I do know my shit but being a smart-arse is more fun than being perfectly and pedantically correct.
>>
>>913922
>i want to customize it
>Any ideas?
Don't
>>
>>914413
“The friendes that were together met, He gyfted them richely with right good speede.” published c.1560
>"recently" because I am a vampire.

>>913922
Really? A Gameboy? I'm not sure this is a good use of your time.
>>
>>914411
Much "obligated".
>>
>>914462
You think you're being clever, but those two are valid words with different meanings too. "Obliged" connotes a social debt, whereas "obligated" connotes a legal one.

You're obliged to provide your guests refreshments. You're obligated to provide your employees PPE.
>>
>>913967
This fucking guy... what an asshole
>>
>>913967
Fuck you
>>914086
Fuck you
>>914405
Fuck you
>>914411
You're cool
>>914413
Really fuck you
>>914462
And fuck you

I'm out
>>
>>913922
Fun stuff... I'm in the middle of modding my psp, mostly just the buttons but they're clear plastic and leds light them up
>>
File: Botch1.jpg (420KB, 1095x1456px) Image search: [Google]
Botch1.jpg
420KB, 1095x1456px
Someday I'll fix it I promise, shoulda used a finer sand paper, with better than dollar a can spray paint, shouldn't have been like 14
>>
>>915778
Do a paint-dip, they're super easy and look good. If you're planning on USING it, get it hacked/homebrewed for all the games, and backlit or it's just kinda unfun to use.
>>
>>915785
I just have tertis on it, any other game I can play on my phone and I don't want to have to replace save batteries
>>
>>913922
>>913922
>>913922
Yeah, leave it as is and don't fuck it up and maybe it will be worth something someday.

The Japanese build things the way they do for specific reasons.
>>
>>916950
>The Japanese build things the way they do for specific reasons.
Yeah they build things as cheap as possible without making them shitty.
>>
>>916950
>and maybe it will be worth something someday.
Like how a used atari 2600 is under $100 USD :^).
>>
GBC ACHIEVEMENT LIST
-----------------------------------
*Replace the battery contacts if it was stored with batteries inside
*Buy a flash cartridge and load it up with your own ROMs and tweak your save files
*Install a rechargeable battery
*Replace the CR2025 battery in one of your Pokemon games
*Intentionally fuck up a capacitor and learn how to replace it
*Install a functioning a battery indicator light
*Install one or more screen frontlights and buttons to control their individual intensities
*Install a break out board to improve backlight sharpness and contrast
*Swap out the case, buttons, and screen cover to something more your style
*Change the processor's clock speed by intsalling a variable clock
*Install Prosound mods to improve sound clarity and add audio outputs
*Use a MIDI-USB interface and sample your Gameboy or record it running LS-DJ (Little Sound Dj)

Bonus points: Change the clock speed or the crystal oscillator and sample the modulated tones
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.