[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend wants to sell me a pool table exactly like the one in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (69KB, 640x1053px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 640x1053px
A friend wants to sell me a pool table exactly like the one in pic but one leg is broken and I'm assuming the felt is damaged. Do you think it's easily fixable?
>>
>>907253
How much? You'll have a very, very hard time matching the leg to the others, and if you don't it will look like shit. Plus, doing felt yourself will look like shit, and taking a wild guess, I'd bet pool table felt is retarded expensive.
>>
>>907253
Felt is easy as fuck to do if yd just the bed and not the rails. If you can repair the leg with wood glue and clamping/staining I would say go for it. But I'm a pool junkie and love to fix pool tables. If it's not an actual slate pool table (3 piece slate, or 1 piece for a bar top pool table) then it's shit and will warp on you
>>
He's asking $60 for the table
>>
>>907253
Why would you want a child size pool table?
>>
>>907270
I've never owned a pool table, but I seen it and it's not much smaller than those in bars
>>
>>907262
>Felt is easy as fuck to do
On a slightly related topic, I've got an Akubra hat, rabbit felt if I remember correctly. The crown is starting to wear through.
Don't suppose you've got any advice on how to fix/reinforce it?
>>
>>907272
A full size pool table is 9 ft. by 4.5 ft. "Smaller" tables are 8x4. That looks to be a 7 ft. by 3.5 ft. table, which is pretty puny. While their are a few different sizes of table out there, with snooker tables being 10 feet (or sometimes more in rare cases), that table is not one of the regulation sizes used in the US for real play. On the plus side I bet if you flip it over it has an air hockey table on the other side.

That said, its damaged on top of being lilliputian? And the person wants you to pay THEM to haul it away? I've seen people giving away full size, undamaged tables on Craig's List just to be rid of them and this turd wants MONEY for it? Some friend, selling you his garbage.
>>
>>907322
'regulation' means L = W x 2 - there is no overall fixed regulation size.

Also got to be carfeul whether its playing size or overall sizes - UK pool tables (home/pubs, etc) are usually 6 x 3 (playing area size) which makes 7 x 3.5 (or thereabouts) overall dimension. Snooker (full size) are 12 x 6 (playing area)

What size you buy, is what size you can fit it your in room - but, if its under 6 x 3 playing area, dont bother. #Broken leg' and 'torn felt' - I'd also agree, $60 maybe OK, if that was the collection fee. Unless incredibly good quality (slate bed, etc.) - this is not worth the hassle anon, my opinion. Never mind paying for it.
>>
do yourself a favor and don't get one.
>>
>>908715
They are a big obnoxious piece of furniture. The kind of thing that practically needs it's own room.

I say skip it. If you have a big empty room in your house, you can probably afford a better full size table. And if you are a poorfag pool lover, find a good bar and nurse a couple budweisers while you play--it'll be cheaper than going to a movie, and if you get good enough, your friends will be buying the next game.
>>
>>908737
exactly!

and if he did have his own room/bar to fit one in.
he should get a real one, with granite plates and shit.

not this crap.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.