[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SCAVENGING THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 153450353302355.jpg (112KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
153450353302355.jpg
112KB, 640x480px
Sup /diy/
I'm a poorfag. Being that I live right around abandoned warehouses, buildings, and train yards I thought there might be something worth value in there. How do I find copper wire to scrap? What else of value is good to scavenge?
>>
>>906332
scrap value has gone down a shitload. you wont be making very much.
>>
>>906332
Get a job, faggot. If you can spare time to scavenge, you can take on some real work, rather than ransacking someone else's property for fucking copper. Jesus christ.
>>
>>906334
This.
Scrapping is hard as fuck. Harder than working construction and more dangerous too.
Cleaned up my family farm when I couldn't get a job, made 3k in a summer, but got injured a few times, worse was got sprayed in the face with ammonia when I cut into an old AC coil, thought I was going to die in the middle of a field.

Also, vandal scrappers can fuck right off. Cause $30k of damage for like $300 of copper.
>>
Recently around here, if you bring more than a certain amount of copper to scrap, you have to show a contractor's license of some sort.

Lots of fuck-ups like you breaking into shit and stealing copper
>>
>>906332
get a job you fucking junky
>>
>>906332
looting and scrapping expands the ghetto until it eats the city. don't do it.

have you thought about being a garbage man?
even white gated communities are happy to see you, and you get paid a living wage even if you don't find any goodie bags.
>>
>>906355
this

all the people who go around the small community i live in looking for scrap, look like they're in their 40's and still have acne
>>
>>906336
This, the damage caused is in the hundreds or thousands of times more expensive than the money you could ever earn.

It's a dick move, don't be a dick.
>>
>>906332
>>906334
>>906336
>>906353
>>906355
>>906373
>>906374
>>906407

OP here.
I've changed my mind and have no longer decided to be a dick
>>
>>906336
>Cause $30k of damage for like $300 of copper.

$300? That's fucking funny. We had a copper thief hit a substation near my house. He drained 40,000 liters of oil out of a transformer, destroyed the transformer (from subsequent overheating) and caused an outage for 10,000 people all for a brass valve that was worth maybe $0.50 in scrap.

If I saw someone murder a copper/brass thief I would have a hard time bringing myself to report it. They are the absolute scum of the earth.
>>
>>906332
Stop being a fucking thief. All that shit is owned by someone. Taking it is stealing. If you steal it you need to go to jail.
>>
>>906574

Agree with you pal. Price of scrap at the minute is nigh-on worthless right now, way less than the cost to repair the damage these cunts cause. Seen some beautiful old buildings taken to wrack and ruin because some shit stole the lead from the roof, tore up the floors and walls for the wiring, seen vintage tractors mangled and smashed for the radiators.

Fucking scum.
>>
>>906653
They are usually druggies to boot.
>>
Shits are actually ripping up the broadband cables in my county.
>>
>>906332
HVAC tech here. I'v had to replace numerous AC units in shitty parts of town because the scummies cut out the copper while they are running, no doubt burning them with refrigerant, killing the compressors.

Unless its going in the garbage, its not scrap yet.

That being said, forget pulling the wire, just look for the copper pipe.
>>
Dumpster dive instead dude. You can find good food, working electronics, all kinds of stuff.
>>
>>906353
That's a good idea. There are many fuckups to do with batteries. Somehow junkies can fucking SMELL a battery from a mile off. They're worth 20$ or so at a scrap dealer. So as soon as you leave your car battery in the driveway for an hour, it disappears. Kind of good if you can't be fucked driving to a scrapyard or the tip to dispose of it. They get stolen out of ups systems all the time as well.
>>
You'd have better luck flipping finds from yard sales and flea markets.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.