[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup DIY. Quick question. So I'm making a homemade boxing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: MLG_paint.png (16KB, 648x655px) Image search: [Google]
MLG_paint.png
16KB, 648x655px
Sup DIY. Quick question. So I'm making a homemade boxing bag, and was thinking of doing something like pic related to hang it up so that the bag is hanging centered. I was thinking two knots like in the diagram internally would be perfect to hold the bag in place, cord will be wrapped around the bag externally in between the two knots.

Two questions:
1. Is this a good idea or can anyone think of anything better
2. what would be the best kind of knot to use?
>>
>>906195
Also incase it matters, the rope being used is 4 strands of paracord 550 braided together
>>
>>906195
you dont wanna use paracord because it will bounce like a fucking bunny

use rigid chains ie metal chains

also, the knots is bad idea because... physics
>>
>>906195
1: How much kg's is your bag going to be? What is actually going to stop said bag to slide down and fall on the floor?
2: Lower one- monkey fist http://www.animatedknots.com/monkeysfist/
upper one- not a damn clue
>>
>>906195
why not just make holes in the material for the bag, reinforce it with mtal hoops if needs be
>>
>>906219

Fug, beat me to the monkey's fist suggestion.

Although I'll add that you might want to stuff something in the middle (like a golf ball) to bulk it up some.

Don't see why he'd even need an upper knot. Just wrap some cord around the bag's neck a few times, above the lower knot, to keep it in place.
>>
File: sandbag.jpg (29KB, 966x800px) Image search: [Google]
sandbag.jpg
29KB, 966x800px
>>906195
get a wooden disk with a radius of whatever you want the bag to be cut out.

hole in the middle for strong rope

tie knot 1.5 times- 2 times larger than hole

pull knot-less end of rope though the disk all the way
- - -
get a huge leather bag OR ASSEMBLE ONE to put on disk. (make sure its mostly filled with sand)

make mouth of leather bag tighten around just where rope comes out of disk using large zipties and/or more rope

drill screws through leather thats above disk into the disk

hang up bag somewhere stable
>>
File: tirebag.jpg (41KB, 400x424px) Image search: [Google]
tirebag.jpg
41KB, 400x424px
>>
File: sandbag fixed.jpg (29KB, 966x800px) Image search: [Google]
sandbag fixed.jpg
29KB, 966x800px
>>906237
actually youll want 2 disks like this so that it keeps its form
>>
File: pDSP1-7213134p275w.jpg (12KB, 275x279px) Image search: [Google]
pDSP1-7213134p275w.jpg
12KB, 275x279px
There's a reason heavy bags have been made since the 1930's this way (see pic)
You won't hurt yourself if you hit the straps!
>>
>>906245
This will ruin your gloves in no time

>>906237
Putting in a disc like your suggesting will cause the leather to rip pretty quickly, and I would not like to accidentally hit it. Also heavy bags are filled with cloth scraps not sand, sand is to heavy and to dense, great way of ruininh your wrists

Chain is the way to go, for connection I agree with >>907748 it is outofthe way, reduces spin and there are no hard parts to hit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.