[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I reach Richard Proenneke's level?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Dick's Wood.jpg (733KB, 3000x1228px) Image search: [Google]
Dick's Wood.jpg
733KB, 3000x1228px
How do I reach Richard Proenneke's level?
>>
>>905057
>implying you can
>you can't
he was on a level above us mortals, he faked his death so he could start over somewhere even more inhospitable. he's probably living in an ice castle somewhere deep in the interior of antarctica
>>
>>905057
You dig about 9 feet into the ground
>>
To get above his level, you don't hang your snowshoes over the fire place, use stainless steel to cook with not aluminum, put your cheap junkie rubber boots away from your bed. Then get a chubby native woman to cook and keep the cabin in shape.
>>
File: 534136994.jpg (68KB, 610x288px) Image search: [Google]
534136994.jpg
68KB, 610x288px
>>905077
>>
>>905077
>>905223
But his ashes were placed on top of a mountain
>>
You move into an already completed cabin and never mention it during your filming so it looks like a more impressive feat.
>>
>>905226
- the film worth a look otherwise? Genuine question, getting selective what I snag nowadays, and refuse to watch crap in general.
>>
>>905239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

Here's a sample

>>905226
He mentioned it extensively. There's lot of footage of the cabin he stayed in during the documentary. Fun fact, he built that cabin with a friend a few years before too
>>
File: 1u83jfh.png (38KB, 275x414px) Image search: [Google]
1u83jfh.png
38KB, 275x414px
>>905057
ummm,,, I has a question? if he lived alone, why did he build a bunk bed for two people?.....

I was thinking: maybe if a bear got in, being on the high bunk would give you a bit more reaction time maybe. But then, even better than that woudl be to build a strong cage inside the cabin, away from the windows,....
>>
>>905291
It was for occasional visitors. His best friend was a bush pilot who would visit him 1-3 times a year to deliver mail, eggs and bacon, random goodies.
>>
>>905291
I can see many reasons
>further away from the cold ground
>additional storage place (my bed is always full of stuff, then again, I sleep in a hammoc full time)
>warm air goes up, warmer to sleep there
>less chance of dying of CO-poisoning (usually negligeable, but he has a stove inside)
>The light doesn't shine on him in the morning
>better protection from flooding (negligeable if you don't put your cabin in a bad spot)
>Why not?

but probably what >>905295 said
>>
>>905305
>>905295
guys
bunk beds are cool
simple as that

what are you a bunch of squares?
>>
>>905224
I hated the idea of being embalmed, and put into a casket that won't decay, so I wrote in my will to be cremated. Then I realized that my burnt ashes are done, they aren't helping keep the circle of life going.

If you truly loved nature you would want your body and energy returned to the earth as nutrients, not as ash.

I want buried in a pine box with no embalming like a Jew so I can degrade and return to the earth.
>>
File: 1435550293946.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
1435550293946.gif
2MB, 310x325px
>>905308
His wife determined what to do with his remains and where to bury him. What the fuck is with all the weird assumptions in this thread
>>
>>905057

By getting there.
>>
It's a single room cabin, it can't be that hard.
>>
>>905347
He built it with hand tools...
>>
>>905291
>Reaction time
Tell me, anon, how do you plan to spend your additional .745 seconds of life?
>>
>>905057
>gravel floor
who would want?
>>
>>905318
He didn't have a wife
>>
>>905355
Most tools are hand tools eventually
>>
>>905355
it's literally the same but instead it takes a bit longer, you don't have to be a genius to figure out how to replace a chainsaw with an axe
>>
>>905291
I would reckon a guess it is for summer and winter beds depending on temperature.
>>
>>905057
>bottle of maple syrup on the counter
so this guy built this cabin and most of the furniture inside it but he still was too lazy to get his maple syrup innawoods?
>>
>>908001
baka... how do you know that's not just the sealed container he rebottles it in? You don't know.

and maple syrup can only be harvested on unusual days, where it's just above freezing but has dropped below freezing the past few nights to thicken the sap. So for like two or three weeks every winter over the year. And you need like 5 gallons of it to fill that one container.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.