[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my washing machine stopped working and my three roommates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: socket.jpg (36KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
socket.jpg
36KB, 540x960px
So my washing machine stopped working and my three roommates are degenerates it seems - so it is up to me to fix it, i think either its the belt or the brushes that are defect and need to be replaced. i was wondering if i can replace them while the machine is hooked up to the power or if i'd need to take it out of the power socket(Pick related)
If so do you just unplug it or do i turn the nob on the top(Pic related).
I have a phobia of power, got a crazy ass shock when i was a kid.
>>
>>903554
..that's a water inlet anon.

The fact you even need to ask whether you should be disconnecting power (and the fact you think the water inlet is a power socket) before commencing work would suggest that you should stay well the fuck away and call someone who intuitively knows the answer to that question.
>>
File: 20151119_172145.jpg (2MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20151119_172145.jpg
2MB, 4608x2592px
>>903556
Yeai goofed, right image now.
>>
>>903559
Top wire is wash(brown and blue)
>>
>>903559
Oh, you're ausfag.

Odd that it's hard wired in, you'll need to at minimum pull the breaker for that circuit, or to be sure, drop power to the whole house/unit.

What sort of washing machine?
>>
>>903562
Yea i thought the wiring was strange.
But brown is power
Blue is null
and the machine is Bosch clasixx 5
>>
Maybe before you start electrocuting yourself to death it would be wise to tell us what the symptoms of the washing machine problem are:
- does the led screen work?
- can you start a washing cycle on it?
- does it intake water at the start of the cycle?
- does it start moving the drum after the water intake as finished?
- does the drum move correctly or does it lack power to move the full way?
etc.
Just tell us why you think its broken, it might be a simple fix where you can remove a part and put a new one without disassembling the whole machine (eg: starting or running cap) (broken belt and bad brushes/commutator are very different issues with very different symptoms).
>>
>>903567
brown is line
blue is neutral
>>
>>903559
Ok so there is two cords. One to the machine and where does the other go to?
>>
I'd shut off the main breaker. But that's just me. I prefer not being electrocuted.
>>
>>903554
what is it doing/not doing? if it turns on and you hear motorish sounds then it's a belt... post the model #...
>>
>>903559
>right image now
>If so do you just unplug it or do i turn the nob on the top(Pic related).

Just stop. Ausfailians really are the worst of the worst shitposters.
>>
OP: can I have your boots before you die while trying to save your roomies from facing reality? And can you drop ship them for me when I sell them? I thinks I can get $30 on eBay.
>>
>local man was killed trying to repair a washing machine. former roommates heard the man saying
>>fuck the power
>before the accident happened.

god speed OP
>>
>>903559
>>903664

Looks like the washing machine is hard wired in as part of a ring/radial circuit.
>>
>>903663
>>903958
Also the core colouring is really fucked. Make sure you know where each wire goes before you pull it apart.

Thought it was fucking three phase and neutral at first with those colours in there
>>
File: back_out.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
back_out.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>903554
Bump.
>>
Get tech data for that machine and post the specific symptoms as other anons ask. You can download manuals online. What is a search engine?

We are not telepathic. If it's inop "brushes" aren't likely a problem and the motor is unlikely to have them in any event.

Who OWNS the washer? If not you, leave it the fuck alone and contact your landlord because if you damage HIS property the person on the rental contract gets to pay for it.

It's easy to was your clothes in a bath tub if you have one, or large plastic pail by hand while your washer is down. Done that on many deployments and it's very little effort.

You aren't going to fix much without replacement parts and if you play "swaptronics" throwing parts at a problem your wallet will cry.
>>
>>903559
From the looks of the wires I would say you have some decent problems to be melting the insulation.
Call a service guy or an electrician do not try doing this one on your own.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.