[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Canadian DIY'ers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: DMD_PrincessAuto_1_610px.jpg (182KB, 595x350px) Image search: [Google]
DMD_PrincessAuto_1_610px.jpg
182KB, 595x350px
What's your experience with tools here? Anything you like or don't like? Ask an employee anything. For those of you who don't know it's like Harbor Freight but the Canadian version.
>>
Does princess auto still sell surplus window motors? I need several of them for a project but I don't see them on the website. The nearest store is two hours away and I don't want to go there for nothing.
>>
>>902018
Depends on which one you go to. Our surplus carries several items that aren't on the website. I would call the location directly and ask for someone who works in the section.
>>
>>902018
you could fucking call them on the phone you putz
>>
>>901973
I bought a wire stripper there once and every time I hold it my hand get numb and uncomfortable until I wash it, like the rubber grips are saturated in some sort of toxic mold release agent or whatever.
Thanks again China.
>>
>>902365
Return it and get a refund if you have the receipt or if you have your phone number in their system.
>>
>>902365
..dunno bout the Canucks, but they (Chinese..) certainly do cover (more or less) everything in some of the most lethal shit Chemical Co's have ever dreamed up - and some of that is quite evil indeed.

Used to make catalogs for a clothing/toiletry/general crap importer - had to unwrap crates fresh off the boat for a photo/sample, got to the stage, refused to touch the stuff, less it had been aired for a week. Apparently, most everything exported is sprayed with evilness, mainly to discourage rats, etc. from eating the contents while shipping. Doubt its any much healthier for humans either tho, desu.

At some point, I guess this crap is everywhere anyway by now, including the food chain. And I very much doubt its particularly advantageous for humans either, but, WGAF?, really.

>aslongasitscheap, etc.
>>
- They're good for odd job tools you'll use only a couple times.
- Never buy anything with a motor in it.
- ProPoint tools are still shit quality just a different wrapper.
>>
>>901973

Won a bursary from them last week, they're A-OK in my books.
>>
>>901973
Won't get the best quality there, but they're pretty skookum if you're in a pinch.
>>
Rather go to Canadian Tire and buy a 400 piece tool set for $100 on sale. Mastercraft is 10X the quality Princess Shit tools will ever be.
>>
File: 0DzhW.gif (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
0DzhW.gif
2MB, 800x450px
>>902654
>skookum
>>
>>901973
I buy from Princess or Harbor freight when I need a specific tool. If I use it until it breaks, then I go buy a good tool to replace it.

The 100 tile saw I got here lasted through 3 bathrooms. When it fritzed, then I bought a $400 saw to replace it.
>>
prices have been creeping up so i don't go very often. can usually get better shit on sale at Canadian tire for less these days
>>
Only ever buy ammo boxes there personally. Anything thats there brand is pretty much dollarstore quality.
>>
Many products with the Power Fist logo, you're pretty much buying at your own risk when it comes to their crap quality. Mind you, a lot of it can be returned, but you have to wonder if it's really worth the hassle in the long run.
>>
File: 1272851210213.gif (756KB, 241x182px) Image search: [Google]
1272851210213.gif
756KB, 241x182px
Was talking to some guys when I was in the states, subject to tools came up I mentioned Princess Auto. Immediately the first things they said was
>princess
>lmao PRINCESS
>YOU BUY TOOLS AT A PLACE CALLED PRINCESS
>HAHAH PRINCESS
>LOOOOL PRINCESS

Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>902365
I bought a bolt cutters from Harbor Freight and even after washing them repeatedly the handles stunk so badly I actually had to keep the bolt cutters outside.
>>
>>901973
Because canada is such a mainstream feminist shithole, princess auto is the only place that carries a lot of uncommon and hard to find tools that you would be floating up to your neck in in some other country that isn't just a meme.

I am glad they setup shop.
>>
>>902743
this
>>902572
and this
If it turns out being a tool I rarely use I didn't break the bank on it. and nothing with a motor in it.

I also buy trailer stuff there (lights, balls, straps..) cause it's as good as any.
>>
The majority of the tools sold there are garbage. Mainly "Power Fist" brand. Every single tool ive purchased under that brand is junk. Its ok if its going to have very light use around the house a few times a year. Using it in a shop, dont expect it to last more than a few hours or a few days. Pro Point brand however has been very good to me. Usually buy that when I cant afford top tier brands, or if the Mastercraft version of it isnt on sale.
>>
>>903072

Good thing you didn't tell them about the PPCLI
>>
I gave up buying tools there years ago. Still good for hydraulic stuff, misc. fittings and cheap pneumatic crap.

But yeah, you'd have to be an idiot to buy anything there which is billed as a hand tool or requires even the most minimal skill to make. I've seen them sell squares that are 91 degrees, no joke.
>>
>>902654
I have a few tools from there, as said by others dont buy their shit if you plan on using it everyday.

some tools i have from there include -
Balljoint/ujoint press - highly reccomend
ratcheting breaking bar - Full POS status
engine hoist - shit welds but works decent
fuel hose disconnects - better than my crappy tire ones
80 gallon vertical 5hp compressor - killer, had it for about 10 years and she STILL CHOOCHES
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.