[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is this? I found it in my new kitchen and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: 20150924_232044~01.jpg (1MB, 2264x3998px) Image search: [Google]
20150924_232044~01.jpg
1MB, 2264x3998px
What the hell is this? I found it in my new kitchen and I don't know its function, any idea?
>>
You jam a bunch of plastic bags in it. Then you can pull bags out through the holes. Its meant to be mounted on the inside of a cabinet.
>>
File: coffee drm.jpg (532KB, 650x929px) Image search: [Google]
coffee drm.jpg
532KB, 650x929px
some kind of k cup holder
>>
>>879456
I don't think so, the holes are bigger than the k cups
>>
>>879455
It is its purpose for real or it's just an hypotesis?
>>
>>879458
>>879456
its this
>>879455
my wife has one on the wall behind the kitchen sink. I fucking hate it. Its always overflowing with plastic bags and we never use them for anything.
>>
Maybe a bottle holder

Could you post a picture with something for scale
>>
>>879463
Yeah, it doesn't seem very useful
>>
It's a bag holder.
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80010222/
>>
File: IMG_1369.jpg (300KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1369.jpg
300KB, 2448x2448px
>>879465
its not. I seriously hate it. Bags always fall out into the sink. My wife thinks its the most amazing thing ever though.

>>879466
Thats where it came from. She dogs ikea shit all the time, but whenever her sister drags her to one she comes back with something and says "I know its Ikea, but...." and its always garbage.
>>
>>879468
>>879455
why the fuck do people obsess over plastic bags?
is it especially a woman thing?
my gf kept them all in the boiler cupboard and i had to keep throwing them out because nobody used them. she kept using them as bin liners but they all had little holes so all the bin juice went everywhere.
fuck plastic bags i take an old pillowcase with me when i go shopping.
>>
>>879475
>is it especially a woman thing?
I'm going to go with this.

You actually just made me remember the genesis of this thing coming to be behind my sink. She used to keep them stuffed in the cupboard above the fridge. I bitched and moaned and would throw them all away when it got to the point that the doors wouldn't shut flush, and then we'd repeat the process. This was her compromise. We'd only keep enough to keep it full. I remember asking her why we needed them in the first place and she just got flustered and walked away. Its weird.
>>
>>879475
>why the fuck do people obsess over plastic bags?

Dude...............

You should be abusing plastic grocery bags; Hoard the shit out of them because they're something that won't be around forever.

It's the sweetest deal that I'm sure is going to go away in our lifetime. You get bags that have to be worth around $0.25 a piece for free and these bags are versatile. I use plastic bags grocery store bags for everything:

>Scooping cat shit into
>Lunch bags
>Trash bags in my office waste bin
>Bagging various electronics together, keeping it all sorted nice and neat.
>Packing material for shipping things

That's just a few things off the top of my head.

To be perfectly honest with you, at this point, plastic bags SHOULD go away. Everybody should be forced to use those reusable cloth bags for hauling groceries because it's better for the environment and it saves the stores a bunch of money, but, man oh man, the plastic bag deal is so great. You get so much value out of free bags. They don't even care. You can ask for bags to be double-bagged and even ask for bags, they're just giving them away. We're going to be talking about this someday. "REMEMBER WHEN STORES HAD FREE PLASTIC BAGS?"
>>
>>879486
>>Scooping cat shit into
funny you should say, council gave us a food waste bin with about 500 tiny plastic bags that were pretty much dog shit bags so she used them for her cat.
I resent having to wipe my own ass no fucking way i'm cleaning up something elses shit
>>Lunch bags
what you thrown your lunch in a fucking bag?
you don't have any tubberware for your sandwich?
>>Trash bags in my office waste bin
what do you put in your office bin that you can't put in it without a liner? i hope you aren't eating at your keyboard anon!
>>Bagging various electronics together, keeping it all sorted nice and neat.
nice and neat fucking kek in a plastic bag?
shoeboxes mate.
>>Packing material for shipping things
i did have a trash bag full of packing peanuts i kept because my parents kept saying it would be handy. i threw it out after a year because nobody used it.
wait, do you actually stuff plastic bags in as packing material?
sounds like a pretty good way to pawn them off on someone else...
good thinking anon.
>>
>>879486
my grandmother would take as many ketchup packets as she could any time we'd go to a restaurant. I understood to an extent. Its "free" and as somebody that came up during the shittiest of shit economic times it just made sense.

And to an extent she was right. You can more or less take as many condiment packets, napkins, straws, hotel toiletries and everything else as much as you like. And she did. She hasn't been on vacation in a decade and I still find tiny shampoo bottles by the sink when I go to visit her.

At some point though, enough has to be enough. I'm sure we saved some money on ketchup growing up, but at the cost of hundreds of ketchup packets falling out of the door shelves every time I opened the fridge.

Obviously this stuff isn't really free, as somebody eats the cost, but ignoring that for a moment sometimes enough is enough. I don't doubt that free plastic bags will disappear from stores at some point. They already have at low cost places like Aldis. With that being said, I can't see myself looking back wishing I took more while the gettin was good. All those things listed I already have covered with other, often time reusable items, around the house.

Thats just my opinion though. Get as many as you need, friend.
>>
>>879486
oh yeah, and we actually have to pay for plastic bags here so i guess that adds to my hatred of them.

>>879497
i do this at burger king, i take about 12 packets of ketchup
but i throw them in the trash when i leave i don't take them with me.
>>
>>879504

I lived with my grandparents growing up. There was always a stack of napkins, taller than me, with mcdonalds/burgerking/etc printed on them.

When I needed butter or jelly for my toast it came in the small packets that you see stacked in the little boxes at your table in the restaurant.

The ketchup I already touched upon, but it was always kept company in the with mustard, taco sauce, mayo and tarter sauce packets. Not a single person in the house liked or ever ate mayo or tarter sauce on anything, but better to be prepared.

When you wanted a drink you filled the hard plastic cup that previously held beer or coke from all the Colts games we went to. I still have old Hoosier/RCA Dome cups that have long since faded to plain white plastic.

If you were feeling fancy and wanted an actual glass you reached for the shelf that had all the former jelly jars, cleaned and unlabeled.

I could go on like this forever. They were very clean neat freaks and the furtherst thing from hoarders that you could be, but they grew up with nothing and if it was "free" or reusable it found a place in their home. Its funny looking back on it, but I'm not really knocking it either. I think theres something to take away from some of that.
>>
Now let me as a swede, coming from the home of IKEA, to explain this.
1. Yes it is for plastic bags.
2. Here you'll have to pay for your plastic bags at the grocery store (equivalent of about 20 dollar cent).
3. On the other hand, the grocery bags are surprisingly good, much better than the once I would get while living in the UK (where 2-3 layers of bag would be required to hold up to anything).
4. This means that, yes, people reuse bags: I'm planning a weekend trip, in the bag goes one bag for dirty clothes and one for that extra pair of shoes. I also use them in all trashcans in the house.
>>
>>879489
nigga I use plastic bags for lunches. I dont haul around a fucking tubberware container in a lunch box/ cooler till fucking lunchtime.

its enhances how lazy I can be. fuck washing dishes, I have enough as it is.
>>
>>879514
For what it's worth here in the states most stores have free plastic bags that are like the cheap ones you describe, however there are a few that have better quality ones that they charge for... aldi's comes to mind... also most places sell cloth reusable bags, sometimes even offering some kind of incentive for doing so...
>>
>>879475
Opposite here. I like to keep a good handful of them in the closet to use as trash bags or small garbage bags. Bitch actively throws them away and then complains there isn't a bag in the trash.
>>
>>879455

This is correct, we've got one.

We don't re-use plastic bags, but when it fills up they're all in one place to go to the recycler.
>>
File: il_570xN.434657525_oq2v.jpg (53KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.434657525_oq2v.jpg
53KB, 570x428px
>>879508
>jelly jars

We had a set of these that we used as drinking glasses, too.
>>
>>879475
>my gf kept them all in the boiler cupboard and i had to keep throwing them out because nobody used them.
God dammit. The reason they make those things is that so you can collect a bunch and then fucking recycle them.

>>879486
>Everybody should be forced to use those reusable cloth bags for hauling groceries because it's better for the environment

Fuck having to bring reusable bags with you everywhere you go because you might decide you need to stop at the store and buy something. And fuck having to have 20 of the damn things when you make your main grocery trip.
>>
>>879486
This is now in Tasmania. They banned disposable plastic bags. Some small shops still carry plastic bags but they need to be fancy approved biodegradable bags so they're no good. They fall apart in your cupboard because they're meant to fall apart by themselves.

The major supermarkets don't have bags at all now. I have to buy plastic bags anyway now for the bin because women get shitty about bin juice in the outside bin. If it starts to smell, just blast it with piss but noooo best to just wrap all the rubbish in plastic.
>>
>>879622

Loss?
>>
>>879662
>Tasmania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuos9YvAcsY
>>
>>879625
I didn't know you could recycle the bags, certainly our city recycling centre doesn't have a bin for them.
Canvas bags are stupidly huge, take a pillow case
My parents kept stuff in bags in the attic and they fall apart after 7 or 8 years
>>
File: ferns-and-trees-at-lake-chisholm.jpg (389KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
ferns-and-trees-at-lake-chisholm.jpg
389KB, 1300x867px
>>879687
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG9pMN8KIMg
it is literally this beautiful all the time, no matter where you are, you can be in the middle of the city, five minutes walk away you are standing in this.
>>
>>879453
Appears to be some type of dispenser, you can see the holes in back where you would hang it on a wall, usually inside those dispensers are bags filled with something like liquid soap or something, and at the bottom is where the sprocket would be.
>>
File: WelchsGlasses1994.jpg (151KB, 753x800px) Image search: [Google]
WelchsGlasses1994.jpg
151KB, 753x800px
>>879622
Thats them. At least some of them. I don't think we had any glassware that didn't have Welchs on them.

I actually found them years later in a flea market that wasn't really near where we lived. Not ones like them, but mine from when I was a kid. My wife didn't believe they were my exact ones but they were with a ton of commemorative Apollo 11 glasses that my grandmother also had a shitload of, and some commemorative muppets glasses that came from McDonalds.

I asked my grandmother and sure enough at some point she game them to a friend who keeps a booth in a flea market.
>>
>>879475
We've got one of these. It's handy to have a supply of plastic bags if you have a catbox in the house.
>>
>>879932

>cat litter box
>not teaching your cat to shit in the toilet
>mfy
>>
>>879475
I use it to pick up my dog's shit.
>>
>>879514
Same thing here in Western Siberia, AKA Finland. Plastic bags are of a good quality, truly reusable as they cost you hard earned monie$. In foreign countries people have to suffer from shitty thin bags that don't last...
>>
>>879475
>old pillowcase with me when i go shopping.
Would be embarrassed as hell to be seen with someone toting an old pillowcase at the supermarket and absolutely no class.
>>
>>880299
Use it to scoop up my cat shit.
>>
>>880299
I use it to pick up my shit.
>>
>>879486
Plastic bags are not as bad for the environment as many people think. Yes, it is true they take very long to decompose, but they are also much easier to manufacture and transport than paper bags or larger reusable bags, which means drastically reduced emissions. And for the amount of plastic each one uses, they are actually more conservative than reusable plastic bags because those break before you could get the equivalent number of uses as if it were made into 1000 disposable plastic bags
>>
>>879514
UK just switched to pay-for bags, which are now £0.10 and good (everywhere that's not Sainsbury's) or £0.05 and shit (Sainsbury's). It's now unlawful to give away a bag shaped like a carrier bag, or sell one for less than £0.05 .

Bring a busted bag back to the shop it came from, and they'll give you a new one.
>>
>>879497
The biggest PITA for me when the bags dried up was that I used them to line my recycle bins, and then to transport the trash from there to the dumpster.

Now I use a cardboard box, which is more of a pain in the ass, and less sanitary because it has to be reused until I can get another box.

Same bag-hoarding instinct prevents me from spending money on a bag when cardboard boxes are free.
>>
you put plastic bags in it
>>
>>879455
THIS we have one too
>>
>>880428
Wales has had the 5p/10p bag scheme for years.
>>
>>879662
hello fellow tas bro
>>
>>879455

This shit is stupid, people have like a bag full of plastic bags or one of these dumb fuckers like they are actually going to need some mass amount of bags at any given time, but clearly when the amount of bags you are hoarding becomes such an issue they had to invent this thing, no you don't use them.

Just put them in the recycling as soon as you get them, and if you have to pay for them or whatever you should have bought reusable bags anyway.
>>
>>883271
This is just not the way it works at least not in my life. I could use reusable bags but then I'd have to buy garbage bags (that are of worse quality than the paid grocery bags).
>>
>all these people that had a problem with these
How fucking hard do you guys find life lol. You just keep it full and use em when you need em, if you go shopping and bring home more bags than you can store, you throw em away. Repeat ad infinitum. So fucking hard.
>>
>>883193
Are you that stoner from ages ago that built that awful treehouse? Then posted a video of you and your friends ripping bongs in it?
>>
>>879681
Jesus, it's like some sort of mental disease now. You can find it everywhere.
>>
>>880425
Not that previous dude. This is not about emissions, this is about them ending up as part of the some trash vortex.
>>
>>883499
I really don't understand this.

They take forever to decompose? I remember in grade school they traumatized us and told us it takes 10 or 20 years or something.

Now I can leave one outside and forget about it on the edge of my patio for 6 months and when I go to pick it up it starts flaking apart into tiny pieces.

Or heaven forbid you actually take them to the recycle center.
>>
>>883505
>Now I can leave one outside and forget about it on the edge of my patio for 6 months and when I go to pick it up it starts flaking apart into tiny pieces.
Then it becomes microplastic which take much longer to decompose...

>Or heaven forbid you actually take them to the recycle center.
I don't think that applies to the majority.
>>
>>880363
i tote my old pillowcase with pride
it has a rocket ship on it from an old bedspread that is too small for my bed now. i still keep it for guests.
when i pull it out at the self service checkouts the ladies are dripping
at the mouth.
>>
>>883505
Takes hundreds of years to decompose. The problem with them is that they fall apart and leave plastic particles all over the fucking place that animals eat, gets into the ocean and water supply, clogs shit, etc. etc.
>>
>>879460
it da tru
>>
>>879486
>Everybody should be forced to use those reusable cloth bags for hauling groceries because it's better for the environment

You are incorrect, sir: https://reason.com/archives/2015/09/01/plastic-bags-are-good-for-you
>>
>>883779
they should have a fucking summary or something because the first page is boring as shit but if the numeric comparisons are correct it becomes very interesting.

but what about the ideal solution?
an old pillowcase.
>>
>>883792
The reusable bags also need to be washed every week or more, and lots of people aren't bothering. They get covered in filth and disease and then you bring your nice new groceries in with them. Nasty.

And they do take a LOT more energy to produce. You end up with $20 or $30 for a nice bag that's not going to fall apart in a couple months. Vs literally less than a cent for a plastic bag.

That is a LOT of plastic bags for the cost of ONE reusable bag, and you need say, four reusable bags.

Would you really go through 8,000 plastic bags before your set of reusable bags gets too gross and frayed?

There is SO little energy and material in plastic bags I am really hard pressed to believe they are more wasteful.

Maybe we need to sell people UV bag decomposers then they can get a little tray of bag dust to take to the recycler once a decade.
>>
>>883809

Or, you know, there are reusable bags made of cotton. You can wash them.

>Far from being the environmental threat activists make them out to be, plastic bags are not particularly to blame for clogged sewers, choked rivers, asphyxiated sea animals, or global warming.

OK, that article is a lot of bullshit. Except the global warming part, what is clearly not caused by plastic bags, but that's a nice mixed-in red herring.

Also...

>You end up with $20 or $30 for a nice bag that's not going to fall apart in a couple months
5€, 7 years and counting, faggot. Step up.

Now a more important topic:

>reusable enforced plastic bag
>stable, a breeze to fill up with stuff
>cotton bags
>stable as fuck
>thin throwaway bag
>it's fucking nothing
>>
>>883809
>They get covered in filth and disease and then you bring your nice new groceries in with them.

if you used an old pillowcase you can just throw it in the wash with your clothes or towels or something.
>>
>>883556
Then why do they decompose in my loft when they should be doing their job and holding things?
>>
>>883883
Well, the bag as a whole might not (will not) survive a hundred years but microplastics is a thing and they can survive much longer.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.