[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I honestly don't know where to put this thread. But something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2023.jpg (502KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2023.jpg
502KB, 3264x2448px
I honestly don't know where to put this thread. But something tells me it's better suited here.

I need to raise the temperature of my house to at least 120 degrees Fahrenheit. 130-140 would be preferred. I have an unfortunate infestation, and I'd like to nip it in the bud before it takes a toll on my health and sanity.

I have a wood stove, and I go out and cut my own wood. I was hoping this would be the cheapest/ safest method to heat my house too the needed temperature.

Is there a formula on hand for how hot my house will get? As in, how much will the temperature drop the further you get away from the stove and stove piping?

Any other bases I need to cover?
>>
depends on your isolation, you should do this with a software
>>
File: 3.jpg (202KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
202KB, 620x330px
Op, too had an infestation and I considered raising the temperature but in my situation I would have had to do it with propane or electric. So I tried something different I put a 5 foot piece of pvc pipe on my shop vac, this let me vacuum every nook and cranny of my house floor to ceiling with with ease. I was able to eradicate my problem with my shop vac, give it a try if anything it will severely put a dent in the problem. Having said that what people usually do with raising the heat is they use a temperature monitor with probes in various parts of the house this will let you know when the house is up to temperature. Keep us updated.
>>
>>1243384
Find and caulk every hole in the house, then leave a few cubic feet of dry ice out over about a week. It should suffocate everything. If you want to be hardcore, buy a cannister of carbon monoxide and leave it on just before you leave.

WARNING do NOT do this if there is any chance that someone could show up. Leave warning signs just inside the house in case someone does.

DO NOT INITIATE THIS PROCESS WITH A DOOR CLOSED! Keep a door or two open until you walk out the door. Prop it open to ensure it can't close on you.

DO NOT leave any pets inside. Everything inside the house will die.
>>
>>1243448
>>1243396
Much appreciated. I also put a dent in the problem with a shop vac and about 2 gallons of bleach, Since I cut and sell a lot of firewood anyways, using the wood stove is not only the cheapest route, but I heard that temperature control is the way to go. I'll be putting this plan into action within the next day or two.
>>
>>1243387
>depends on your isolation, you should do this with a software
If you measure the inside and outside temperature before and while you pile on logs you can just plot it in excel to see if its viable. The hotter you need it the harder it gets.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.