[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never really posted on this board but here it goes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0886.jpg (18KB, 370x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0886.jpg
18KB, 370x380px
I've never really posted on this board but here it goes.

How difficult is it to change/fix a deadbolt locking mechanism? My front door to the apartment has a fucked up deadbolt that won't lock. The key can't be inserted at all and it looks like somebody might have tampered with it.

I live in an apartment complex and my property manager is a Puerto Rican asshole who takes months to respond to work orders.
>>
>>1242962
easy. Get it at a hardware store and you can probably get them to set it to your old key if you want.
>>
fuck re-keying it, just replace it and go about your business. if the manager spic says anything tell them you needed it replaced and couldnt wait for them to fix it. they dont need to be going in your apartment at will anyways stealing your shit.
>>
>>1242962
Same here, I took it apart and there's a small rotating part that just shattered under stress.
>>
>>1242962
Super easy, I was doing deadbolt installs at 10.
>>
>>1242962
Spray liquid graphite into it and then work the key in and out before you bother with anything else.
After that, you could take it off the door and spray the remaining shit inside and see if that frees it up.
>>
>>1242962
YouTube broke for you ?
>>
>>1242962
JAMAL, HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER THIS?
>>
It takes 5 minutes to replace.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.