[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you airproof something like that on the picture. It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
How would you airproof something like that on the picture. It can look ugly inside, doesn't matter.

Should I go batshit crazy with silicone?
>>
>>1242567
Silicone is basically worthless.
Research epoxies. They're some of the most amazing plastics we have today.
>>
>>1242567

Line the interior with solid panels and seal with your choice of sealant.

Remember if you are going to try fuck around with the pressure in/out side of the box, the seal goes on the high pressure side so they blow into a crack instead of away from a crack.
>>
>>1242567
>"Rustic" POS box
>no joinery
>glue overspill, left in place on purpose
Fuck hipsters.

Answer OP, use an epoxy resin. Line the inside with muslin if needed to fill gaps, it'll turn into basically micarta when the resin cures.
>>
File: 1455225694982.png (340KB, 500x893px) Image search: [Google]
1455225694982.png
340KB, 500x893px
Just store your weed in glass jars. Put them in an ammo canister with activated charcoal and your done. We know this is why you want an "airtight" wooden box.
>>
>>1242699
/thread
>>
>>1242699
I opened this thread because I'm considering building an airtight box to keep my wine in. The humidity where I live goes up and down like crazy, even in the cellar, and I want to protect my (small) collection.

OP can use his box for whatever he wants, but there are non-weed applications for airtight boxes/canisters.
>>
>>1242767
A humidity controlled container doesn't need to be perfectly airtight, it just needs to restrict the majority of the airflow in and out. The amount of air exchange from moving things in and out would be much more significant than small leaks.
>>
>>1242567
I build subwoofer boxes and use a product called liquid nail on all seams to make sure their airtight. Im not sure if it would off gas and affect your wine somehow. I know some woods are porus aswell so you could fiberglass all the wood if you want to get really technical. The hardest part will be making sure the lid is 100% airtight
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.