[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard would it be to configure an accelerometer and a gyroscope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: SUPER2(11)-1200.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SUPER2(11)-1200.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
How hard would it be to configure an accelerometer and a gyroscope to X device, then have the information gathered relay to an app.

Anyone have experience with this kinda shit? I know how to build the app, I don't know shit about the electronics though.
>>
Pretty easy with arduino, not sure about the gyroscope but I'm sure getting an accelerometer would be easy enough. You could get a bluetooth module, too, and libraries for interfacing with them will be easy to get hold of.
>>
>>1241904
http://www.robotshop.com/blog/en/arduino-5-minute-tutorials-lesson-7-accelerometers-gyros-imus-3634
>>
Its not going to keep your roommate out of the fridge, anon.
>>
>>1241900
Nice try, but we're not giving up our inertial control secrets that easily, Kim Jong Un.
>>
>>1241900
6 dof gyro/acellerometer unit would do it.

I'd use an esp8266 and wifi not bluetooth. Probably do it in android but it's just as easy in Apple.

I'd start off with a TCP handshake then maybe use a passphrase or something. Or maybe authenticate by Mac address. Then start a udp stream. I'd let the server keep the sync after some ntp maybe. You're not gonna have alot of parameters so you can literally make your own datagram. Then Recieve, unpack and display to the UI objects on the phone.

Theres also 1000000x examples on the internet how to do this because of drone tards.

There are many modules (especially those with motion engines) that already come with working demos to the pc via serial.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.