[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possibly exposed eye to superglue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: glue.png (103KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
glue.png
103KB, 253x253px
Because I'm a real fucking dummy, I was trying to superglue something to a small electric motor. I wasn't wearing safety glasses while doing so, or while testing it. I noticed later that my phone's screen, which I had on the desk a fair ways away from the project, was misted with droplets of superglue.

My eyes aren't in pain, and they aren't stuck shut or open, or in one position (as described in some results of a google search). Should I start flushing my eyes anyways? Or will my body naturally take care of whatever small drops got in my eye.
>>
You should probably wash your eyes out with diluted acetone, just to be on the safe side
>>
>>1241558
Fucking don't.

Superglue is not poisonous, even when used internally, acetone is.

Flush with water. If the superglue is irritating the eye, you need to see a doctor. If not, don't worry about it.
>>
>>1241550
If there's no discomfort or anything out of the ordinary, any trace ammount in your eyes will be taken care of naturally. (just like when it's used to seal cuts and incisions)
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>1241558
Yeah, I'll just go and pour a volatile irritant in my eyes. That sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>1241563
Well... You did ask 4chan for medical advice.
>>
>>1241550
>My eyes aren't in pain, and they aren't stuck shut or open, or in one position
You're fine. You can wash your eyes anyway if you're worried though.
>>
>>1241563
while superglueing your eyes was a better idea?
I am still not seeing why, you think you have glue in your eye - if they were glued open, you'd have noticed by now. Have a drink and leave best alone
>>
>>1241550
i use it for cuts. you're fine nigger. wear your PPE you brainlet.
https://www.verywell.com/super-glue-for-cuts-3120822
>>
I got Superglue into my eye years ago.
The good thing is superglue bounds when it gets wet. i went to the hospital and they took only the dry superglue crumbleys out. i got some sort of eyedrops but didn't had any troubles
>>
Get some saline eye wash and keep rinsing your eyes out regularly, and keep using eyedrops until any glue comes loose.
>>
>>1241550
If it were me, I would flush eyes out with water for 5-10 minutes just to be safe, then put in some high quality eye drops like Systane Ultras

I dont play around with my vision, half of my family is blind as fuck and im sure my vision will deteriorate with time too.
>>
>>1241550
always flush
>>
File: cY6hvyR.jpg (93KB, 547x738px) Image search: [Google]
cY6hvyR.jpg
93KB, 547x738px
>>1241560
>>1241563
Holy shit, I didn't think anyone would be silly enough to reply to my obvious troll post. You silly motherfuckers just got made
>>
>>1241866
Are you even OP?
>>
This thread is so riveting, my eyes are literally glued to the screen.
>>
>>1241550
Always wear your PPE, even and especially if it's, "just for a minute."
>>
OK so as dumb as this thread is, in all seriousness:

Every time you find yourself wondering "Should I flush my eyes out with water" for some reason or another you should do it. It costs you nothing and could be worth your vision.
>>
>>1241882
Learn to read, Anon.
>>
>>1241866
Just in case he didn't know newfriend
>>
>>1241560
Acetone isn't even that bad
You would have to swig two shots at least to actually hurt you

Still, washing out eyes with it is really dumb and would give you all kinds of pink eyes and sores
>>
>>1242458
Are we all gonna pretend this post didn't happen?
Also thanks op, now my eyes are watering
>>
If you aren't in pain, then there's no superglue in your eyes.

Source: got my left eye shut close TWICE with superglue. Shit stings like your eye is being branded.
>>
>>1242579
Can't. Eyes covered with glue.
>>
File: 1487965983404.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
1487965983404.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>1242805
>Are we all gonna pretend this post didn't happen?

Considering it was a cringe plebbit-tier play on words yeah no kys
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.