[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

/rcg/ - RC General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_20170906_185257.jpg (287KB, 1194x895px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_20170906_185257.jpg
287KB, 1194x895px
Old thread reached bump limit & fell off the end of the board. We had some good discussion, so let's keep it going!

-------

Still got nasty jitters on my 6" cruising build, even with a new set of motors with soft mounts (FC was always soft mounted). Next step in the process of elimination is to swap out the FC with one I know flies smooth in another build.

Super frustrating that this build flies poorly when it's full of brand new/modern/decent components, while my 5" beater with older/cheaper components/protocols & which has seen a ton of abuse flies perfectly with next to no tweaking :/

What are the rest of you working on? Any other frustrating stories of stuff that should've just worked but didn't?
>>
Still looking for ideas for a sub 20" following drone that can still fly whilst mostly enclosed in a static skin. Willing to buy or build.
>>
File: chameleon.jpg (2MB, 2080x1560px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
chameleon.jpg
2MB, 2080x1560px
Finished this build and the way it flies is like night and day compared to the POS GB190 kit and X220S that I started off with.

Happy with its performance.
>>
File: 20161130_160601.jpg (195KB, 682x730px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20161130_160601.jpg
195KB, 682x730px
>>1241106
>frustrating stories of stuff that should've just worked but didn't?

Lawny. Such a wast of time and money. The transmitter and reciever were super twitchy. Impossible to mow in a straight line or even see wtf it is doing on the other side of the yard. Super dangerous. Buddy dinged my fender on my truck pretty good dicking around poping wheelies. Next step was a 5.wtf ever ghz camera so i can mow from my living room tv. Was gonna make it autonomous but the tech is slowly reaching for consumer priced robomowers. And i am broke atm.

He'll probably just become a battle bot over winter or be 4x4 and hide a lithium pack and a resivor for booze so i can sneek drinks into concerts. Don't know.

I shitpost it here sonetimes but i found a couple more pics so
>>
>>1241106
Tried white with orange glitter flake. ...came out pink?
>>
>>1241106
Transmitter and reciever. And a saber controller. Cant remember the wattage but 24v wheelchair motors and i planed to run 4 with it.
>>
>>1241106
New paint. Had a bummer ebike also
>>
>>1242586
I see. 32 amp
>>
Anyone into the kwad scene thinking about using capacitor batteries as nitro tanks? Turning your 3s into a 4s for 3-5 seconds could change a straight or climb for just few extra grams.

Is this silly to pursue?
>>
>>1242674
Sounds like a good way to smoke your 3s quad right into the ground.
>>
File: IMG_20170911_203321.jpg (247KB, 1195x896px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_20170911_203321.jpg
247KB, 1195x896px
Old FC removed, got a Lux v2 arriving tomorrow. Really hope it fixes my issues...

>>1242674
The benefit of 4S over 3S more than pays for the weight of the extra cell, so I don't really see the point of your idea? Why have a comparatively slower 3S quad that can go fast for a few seconds, when you could have a comparatively faster 4S quad with less hassle?

>>1242583
>>1242585
>>1242586
>>1242588
Sorry to hear it didn't work well, looks like it was a pretty neat project - something a little different at least!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.