[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/ I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hello /diy/ I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but anyway.

The company I work for is starting a new machinign project, and we will be manufacturing medical prothesis pieces like these titanium implants.
>pic related

We are currently buying the "swiss" (watchmaker) CNC 5 axis mill and the 3D scanner for QC.

Now we are looking for a 3D printer for prototyping. Any recommendations?

We need to make them as precise as possible and I'm not very up to date on industrial grade 3D printers.

Thanks in advance
>>
Sorry, the implants in
>pic related
Are not titanium, but SS 304
We will be working with both materials... but that's not the problem at hand anyway.
>>
>have a very specific question involving and investment of potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars
>ignore specific forums and resources
>ask some autists on a general DIY taiwanese 'man-dickgirl love' dating forum
>>
>>1241041
I just want a starting point man, and since I'm regularly shitposting on 4chan I don't see why not.
>>
I would look for 3D contractors in your area. Pick 5-10 of them and ask them to print the same model. Compare the results and either keep working with the best one, or ask them about their setup, materials etc.
Where are you located? Are you hiring?
>>
>>1241037
Depends on your price range. I work for an FFRDC and we have one crappy makerbot for quick and dirty stuff but a nice objet for sponsor-grade deliverables. The price difference just between those is two orders of magnitude.
>>
>>1241047
I'm in Mexico, in a very industrial city, so there are some 3D shops and whatnot, but they are mostly for design and concept, and crappy pieces for small machines, nothing that I've seen locally has the "resolution" we're looking for.

>>1241048
The bosses are looking for something good. they obviously have big pockets. So we'll se what turns out, thanks.
>>
>>1241051
You probably need the best.
Uv resin/lithographic has the best resolution and surface finish.

Do you want a usable product afterward or is this just to make prototypes for visualizing and selling it at meetings?
>>
>>1241139
Yeah, Im looking at stereolithograpic resin printers.

If the end result is good enough, we will consider using them as they are, but we haven't dug deep on that end

Thanks man
>>
>>1241037
>>1241051
Medical devices... hips from mexico... let me guess, Monterey?

I'm at a major medical device place in USA. We have a 3d printer but can't recall which.
>>
>>1241529
Yeah, Monterrey
It's the first rhat comes to mind when you say Industry here.

If you have any information regarding it I'll be a great help, and also the materials they use
>>
>>1241489
If you want to turn it into a final product, you could probably use the resin as the mold in a ceramic mold over lost wax type process. Maybe. It might burn and fuck up the ceramic instead. They make turbine blades like this though.
Dunno how you could possibly cast a titanium blade though. Robot pouring it in a nitrogen atmosphere?

There's sintered metal printers too but I don't think their resolution is good enough.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.